PDA

View Full Version : has anyone bought anything from CP racing?

ApexDrift
12-29-2004, 09:19 PM
i have been doing some research and was wondering if anyone has bought anything from CP racing?... a friend of mind just purchesed a Rx-7 light and bumper convertion, and when he recived it he said that the meterial used to make it was "sub par" and not everything would fit properly...

this is the discription used to discribe the kit..

Flush mount light kit for all 86-92 2nd generation Mazda Rx7s. The lightweight, one piece, fibreglass buckets house a single 4 inch (optional angel eye) high beam and a 3 inch low beam Hella brand light. Quick and easy installation, designed for use with factory hood, fenders and bumper. Does not require removal of any bodywork. Considerable weight savings due to elimination of the factory lights and cover, pop up mechanism and all associated armatures and linkages. High power bulbs replace the heavy, dim and pitted pop up sealed beams. Uses Hella 55W bulbs, plug and play wiring with existing factory harness. A durable lexan cover has been formed to follow the contours of the original headlight cover, it forms a water tight seal over the lights. Vents allow air to pass beneath hood for lower under hood temperatures. A comprehensive installation guide is supplied with the kit. Comes with all necessary brackets and hardware for installation. Replacement bulbs are available at any automotive or hardware store. And as always our price includes taxes and shipping!!!

http://www.speedmachineracing.com/sema/pic2big.jpg

it says that you dont need any body work done but its obvious that you have to cut the bumper to the bottom of the FTP (flash to pass) lends...

on a second note i was about to buy a rear strut bar on another board... but then recived a pm saying that they dont fit properly and when returning the product they said to use washers to shimmy it up :dunno: on another acount one person said that their front and rear strut bars started to rust, after a year...

and can anyone tell me if this rear strut bar is even bolted to the strut?

http://www.cpracing.ca/productimages/2grear.jpg

im wondering if anyone else has had any experiance with thier products?

blueripper6
12-29-2004, 09:25 PM
Why would you even consider them if they have so much bad rap? Theres probably a billion companys that make strut bars.. Look somewhere else, if there cheap, im sure u can find something thats 10x better for the same price or a little bit better.

But good idea to research I guess.