GingeRRRBeef
12-11-2002, 06:49 PM
http://www.detnow.com/news/0202051202.html

bosa
12-11-2002, 07:01 PM
i thought cops were against racing? :confused:

4wheeldrift
12-11-2002, 07:57 PM
Thats a really old article, I don' tknow what ever happened to them. But those charges are VERY serious, you can bet whatever happened they aren't police officers any more.

T5_X
12-11-2002, 08:04 PM
"We charged the drag racer, who did not hit anybody, with second-degree murder," Duggan said. "If we get any more organizers, we're going to charge them with second-degree murder. If you participate in a drag race in any way and injuries result, you are are just as legally responsible as the driver who actually struck the bystanders."

MURDER, SECOND DEGREE - In order for someone to be found guilty of second degree murder the government must prove that the person killed another person; the person killed the other person with malice aforethought; and the killing was premeditated.

:rolleyes: Only in the US

Si_FlyGuy
12-11-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31

MURDER, SECOND DEGREE - In order for someone to be found guilty of second degree murder the government must prove that the person killed another person; the person killed the other person with malice aforethought; and the killing was premeditated.

Always thought that was first degree?:dunno:

T5_X
12-11-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by HokusFokus

Always thought that was first degree?:dunno:

Its the same as the first degree, the difference is in the sentencing, second degree gets less time.

szw
12-11-2002, 09:45 PM
It just says they are going to charge them with that. Not sure how law works, but in most things, you 'bid' for higher or lower (depending on what you are doing) and bargain your way from there. I think the purpose of the comment was just to show their stance, and that they are taking it very seriously.

ninjak84
12-11-2002, 11:50 PM
I hope those police get nailed to the cross for that!