PDA

View Full Version : Icons problem

A_3
12-30-2004, 12:48 PM
I went against my golden rule of keeping my comp safe last night and checked out a couple shady sites (bittorents etc...) When I got up this morning I got served with 5 new icons on my desktop. This usually isn't a problem as I delete them right away and carry on with life HOWEVER these ones seem to be undeletable. They allow you to open the programs they run (websites for gambling, travel, the usual bs) but other then that I can't do anything with them. They are undragable, un-right-clickable, and the delete key has no effect on them. I have run both ad-aware and spybot which have both had no effect so now I am out of idea's. I hate having a cluttered desktop especially with useless icons. If anyone has had this problem or knows how to fix it your help would be much appreciated.

sabad66
12-30-2004, 01:24 PM
I would say open my computer then just press up to get a folder of the desktop then try deleting them from there. If that doesn't work, try booting up in safe mode and deleting them. Which OS are you using?

A_3
12-30-2004, 02:48 PM
XP. When I press up the icons don't appear in my desktop folder, how do you boot up in safe mode?

ricosuave
12-30-2004, 03:03 PM
why not roll back using system restore?

A_3
12-30-2004, 03:17 PM
problem fixed, the thread can be closed, thanks for the help :thumbsup:

CRXguy
12-30-2004, 03:32 PM
mine has these stupid icons too. they keep coming back, and spybot and ad aware doesn't do anything. :nut: i'm using windows2000.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNzEwMzM5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

ricosuave
12-30-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by A_3
problem fixed, the thread can be closed, thanks for the help :thumbsup:

well, how did you fix it?