PDA

View Full Version : Decisions, Decisions!!

LUDELVR
12-30-2004, 10:39 PM
Okay, tell me what you'd do? I'm looking at buying another car when I get back from Korea and I'm either looking at getting a civic or a miata. Now the differences are these:

Miata: Prolly gonna be stock, an NA version (pre 97's)
Convertible
Rear Wheel Drive!
It's gonna need to be modded with a turbo which will
up the price a bit.
or

Civic: Civic is already done up.
white and red vinyl matrial
drag turbo kit with uberdata and 450 injectors
full body kit and 17 " rims. alarm.
pretty much done up as much as you can.
Downside, I'll need to rebuild the bottom end of the D
series and get a new clutch and it's another front
wheel drive car.

I love my turbo'd hondas, but what would you get? I want a rwd covert but an s2k is just a bit outta my league. Let me know.

el_fefes
12-30-2004, 11:00 PM
get the miata and swap in an sr20!! :burnout:

EDIT: Here's a link...that thing should fly.linky (http://forum.miata.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=34;t=001896#000000)

GTS Jeff
12-30-2004, 11:41 PM
if it were me, id pick the miata, cuz its more fun to drive than a civic.

Kamen
12-30-2004, 11:53 PM
I'd go for the miata. They are really fun to drive!

C4S
12-30-2004, 11:55 PM
Miata ! of course !!

civic ?? ha ha .. :rofl:

CryoCarnage
12-31-2004, 12:14 AM
Miata :werd:

djfob
12-31-2004, 12:18 AM
I'm not a fan of the earlier Miatas but the newer ones are tight.

86max
12-31-2004, 12:18 AM
Miata all the way.....rwd owns. Plus you can mod it yourself, instead of having a car done up to someone elses standards.

t-im
12-31-2004, 12:27 AM
miata for sure - can't beat having a roadster in the summer!!!

EK 2.0
12-31-2004, 12:28 AM
Bobby's car (which is who's ride it dounds like by your description) is a very nice ride...done, so you don't have to put in wrench time...

but, thats is part of the project car ideal Leo, turning the wrenches, and having a good time, learning and breaking stuff along the way...

which is why my vote goes in for the mazda...

Toms-SC
12-31-2004, 01:33 AM
I can't believe I just picked Civic, sorry Leo :(

Zephyr
12-31-2004, 04:43 AM
miata and paint it pink!:rofl:

plus better satisfaction from modding the car yourself

Team_Mclaren
12-31-2004, 05:07 AM
miata + 13B ownz all!

but miata is cool, so much more fun to drive than a civic imo... RWD OWNZ

finboy
12-31-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
miata + 13B ownz all!

but miata is cool, so much more fun to drive than a civic imo... RWD OWNZ

werd

leo, go find the latest sportcompactcar magazine, there is a rotary, widebody miata in there, it isn't turbo but the article says the whole car was built for less then 8 grand.

method
12-31-2004, 01:13 PM
swapping over another engine like that is a waste of time.

the miata powerplant is perfectly capable of making substantial horsepower when turbocharged... they used it in other mazda turbo cars that were never sent to north america.

sr20? modify or replace your cross member, massage the firewall and whatnot, custom driveshaft, etc

13b isnt any different.

piece together your own turbo setup and get a new clutch.. then you're golden.

Weapon_R
12-31-2004, 01:22 PM
I picked Miata, because i'd never:

a) buy a heavily modified vehicle
b) buy a heavily modified civic

Miatas are awesome! My brother in law had a 1993 or something close to that and it was an absolute blast.

BerserkerCatSplat
01-01-2005, 05:14 PM
Totally go with the Miata. Loads of fun to drive, and you get to personalize it yourself.

Strider
01-01-2005, 05:48 PM
"monster miata"
ford 302:burnout:

T5Bird
01-01-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Strider
"monster miata"
ford 302:burnout:

Yes that would probably be the only way to justify driving a Miata, unless of course you are a male stylist, enjoy Frappichino Mocha Lattes, pink golf shirts, and set your VCR to record Queer Eye for The Straight Guy. ;)

http://monstermiata.com/default.asp

Ed the SOHC
01-01-2005, 06:11 PM
Go with the miata ;)

crazydave
01-01-2005, 06:15 PM
i vote miata!:thumbsup: rwd:drool:

Hash_man
01-01-2005, 06:28 PM
Miata for sure... they are really fun cars to drive, and I would never buy a fully done up car, wheres the fun in that?

shakalaka
01-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Personally not a fan of Miatas. I think they are girl cars, but thats just me. But still out of the two option I would pick a Miata, because I dont think I would ever buy a already modded vehicle.

Hash_man
01-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Yum :drool:

http://www.jtuned.com/media/gallery%2Farticles%2FRickMiata%2F04%2Ejpg

JAYMEZ
01-01-2005, 07:19 PM
Go Miata, you dont want somethin modded that you didnt do.

Ed the SOHC
01-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi

That's a VERY good point.

gpomp
01-01-2005, 07:35 PM
civic, but im biased... :poosie:

TypeS
01-01-2005, 07:49 PM
I used to think miatas were girl cars too, always made fun of them...then i started to respect them for what they were:thumbsup:
I've heard they are a BLAST to drive, ESPECIALLY at an autox!
Mazda built it as a small, lightweight RWD roadster and that's exactly what you get. dude get the miata, you sound like the kind of guy that would enjoy the rear wheel drive....i know i'm never going back......ever

EDIT:
PPPPSSSSSTTTTT talk to importconcern, get a JDM one man they call em the Mazda Eunos over there....can't remember if they are different performance wise though, but its always nice having a unique ride.

TypeS
01-01-2005, 07:59 PM
how fun would it be to throw one of these around:D
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/237000-237999/237064_90_full.jpg

Importz
01-01-2005, 08:09 PM
miata....:thumbsup:

Hakkola
01-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Haha, leo, you'd look like a queer in the Miata... I think you should get it. :D

IMO miata's are kind girly, and I'd be afraid to get in an accident while driving one, pretty good cars though, go for it. Everyone has a civic, get something different.

Hash_man
01-01-2005, 10:28 PM
I used to think miatas were girl cars too, always made fun of them...then i started to respect them for what they were
I've heard they are a BLAST to drive, ESPECIALLY at an autox!

I kinda felt the same way before, then I drove one, then I drove a mazdaspeed miata... damn! :drool: :thumbsup:

RiceCake
01-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Miata:thumbsup:

LUDELVR
01-01-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
Bobby's car (which is who's ride it dounds like by your description) is a very nice ride...done, so you don't have to put in wrench time...

but, thats is part of the project car ideal Leo, turning the wrenches, and having a good time, learning and breaking stuff along the way...

which is why my vote goes in for the mazda...

Originally posted by Weapon_R
I picked Miata, because i'd never:

a) buy a heavily modified vehicle
b) buy a heavily modified civic

Miatas are awesome! My brother in law had a 1993 or something close to that and it was an absolute blast.

Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi

haha, funny part is that I've worked on this car I think just as much as the owner!!! :rofl: :rofl: Well, all the engine work anyway ;) so in party, I feel like I'm the surrogate father!! hahaha :rofl:

Anyway, I'm also just deciding what the hell am I gonna do with 2 turbo'd hondas! but I think it would be fun so that's actually becoming less and less of an issue. The other thing is that I might not be getting back for another year and a half so it would be pointless to make the owner wait until I get back!! I guess if it's there, I'll take it but if not, that's cool, I was looking foward to a rwd convert! ;)

Originally posted by Ed the SOHC
Go with the miata ;)

hahaha :rofl: Fucker!! ;)

LUDELVR
01-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Ed the SOHC

That's a VERY good point.

haha, and what the fuck are you talking about!!:devil: sure sure, you funded it but really! ;) ;) ;) hahahah :rofl:

Okay, we each helped your car grow up to what it is!:thumbsup: :rofl:

Skylinelover
01-02-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

haha, and what the fuck are you talking about!!:devil: sure sure, you funded it but really! ;) ;) ;) hahahah :rofl:

Okay, we each helped your car grow up to what it is!:thumbsup: :rofl:
I dunno with 2 fathers I dont know what the car will be like in a few years. :rofl: ;)

max_boost
01-02-2005, 03:50 AM
I really don't know why you need two Red Honda Turbo Coupes:dunno: A bit weird if you ask me?

Go for the Miata, or the S2000 if it's within reach.

LUDELVR
01-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I really don't know why you need two Red Honda Turbo Coupes:dunno: A bit weird if you ask me?

Yah man, that's what I was thinking...a bit of variety!:thumbsup: I'm all about the variety!!!:poosie: :thumbsup:

EK 2.0
01-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

it's not that it's weird Sam, it's that he needs a RELIABLE Turbo Honda Coupe, his Lude there is almost as bad as a DSM:D

Joking Leo...

1-Bar
01-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

it's not that it's weird Sam, it's that he needs a RELIABLE Turbo Honda Coupe, his Lude there is almost as bad as a DSM:D

Joking Leo...

DSM's are in a league in itself.....no other car is in the remote area code my friend....j/j

LUDELVR
01-09-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar

DSM's are in a league in itself.....no other car is in the remote area code my friend....j/j

haha, this is true! haha, and there has only been one time that I've had troubles where my car was not capable of being moved within ten minutes!!! And that was at racecity!! FUCKING JB WELD!!!:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

hahahaha:rofl: