PDA

View Full Version : factory window tint???

Police
01-02-2005, 02:27 AM
why do some of those GM trucks have factory tinted windows in the front? isn't that so illegal if not then its BS that i get $30 tickets for my windows and just cause its "factory" they can have tinted front wondows.:thumbsdow

Gspotracer
01-02-2005, 02:29 AM
I don't think they come factory tinted, the dealership must have had it installed

Police
01-02-2005, 02:38 AM
two guys at my work bought brand new GMC sierras and they have their front windows tinted, both told me they were factory and i've seen many on the street that have tinted fronts, including escalades, avalanches etc.

Skylinelover
01-02-2005, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Police
two guys at my work bought brand new GMC sierras and they have their front windows tinted, both told me they were factory and i've seen many on the street that have tinted fronts, including escalades, avalanches etc.
Alot of dealers do that to make the car look "cooler" just like they put rims and exhaust tips on sunfires. It helps with the sale.

Mckenzie
01-03-2005, 09:06 PM
I think its actually tinted glass from the factory....I dont think you are allowed any film on your windows but if the glass is tinted from the factory it is allowed....I may be wrong though. I got a ticket for having my windows tinted but I know a guy who has a caddy and his GLASS is tinted and he succesfully fought a ticket for tint.

civicrider187
01-21-2005, 08:33 PM
I think it all depends on the cop

'93 SR-V
01-21-2005, 08:53 PM
I've heard that you can get away with it if the glass is tinted (not a film added, but the glass itself). I don't know how they do that, but that's what I've heard.

At the same time, I guess it depends on the cop. I've been pulled over many a time, and have never had a problem with my tint. Mind you I'm pretty nice to cops.