PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 42" - 46" Projection or LCD TV

TurboMedic
01-02-2005, 07:14 AM
I'm looking for a TV, so before I go out and buy a new one, I'm checking if anyone here has one to get rid of! Like it says, I'm looking at anywhere between 42" up to 46", rear projection (size and age dependant), or LCD, but NO PLASMA. Anyhow, name your prices, and we'll talk!

ehos
01-02-2005, 12:00 PM
You missed a crazy deal on Sony 46" Wega @ the Brick. $1500, but maybe they will sell them again?

TurboMedic
01-02-2005, 12:35 PM
I get wholesale pricing at the brick already, so sales don't make a difference! I'll peek there again though....

TurboMedic
01-08-2005, 06:41 PM
bump

jfulton
05-20-2005, 11:45 AM
i have a sony 43" hdtv
with the glass stand .
has 6 year warranty
model number is kp-43ht20

i believe ,, im currently at work so im not certain

im asking 1500 dollars
ih have all receipts etc

Bring the multiplex into your home with the 43-inch Sony KP-43HT20 rear-projection HDTV monitor. This extra-large flat widescreen hi-scan set accepts the full 1080 interlaced scanning lines (1080i) from an external high-definition receiver or high-definition DIRECTV receiver. Other features include a 16:9 (enhanced) aspect ratio, 3D digital comb filter, TruSurround sound, MicroFocus lens system, picture-in-picture capability, and 2 component inputs.
The KP-43HT20's Multi-Image Driver enables you to watch two programs side-by-side from two different sources (1080i, 720p, 480p, or 480i) simultaneously. It has four widescreen modes, including wide zoom (enlarges 4:3 aspect ratio while the upper and lower parts of the picture are condensed to fit 16:9 aspect ratio), normal (4:3 aspect ratio), full (enlarges the 4:3 picture horizontally only to fill the wide screen), and zoom (enlarges the 4:3 picture horizontally and vertically to an equal aspect ratio that fills the 16:9 screen).

It has a built-in 181-chanel NTSC tuner, and Sony's Digital Reality Creation (DRC) mode, which doubles vertical and horizontal lines, resulting in four times the density for such high-quality video sources as DVDs, satellite broadcast, and digital camcorders. You do need a separate HDTV tuner to receive high-definition broadcasts.

The KP-43HT20 offers a good range of Sony video technology. The Cinemotion 3:2 pulldown cinema video processing detects and compensates film--which is shot at 24 frames per second (fps) compared with video's 30 fps rate--to video for a smooth theaterlike experience at home. The 3D digital comb filter offers 10-bit signal processing that renders superb gradation of grays, resulting in superior picture detail. Unlike conventional line doublers, the DRC Multi-Function feature doubles vertical and horizontal lines, resulting in four times the density for sources such as DVD, satellite, and digital camcorders.

You'll get booming surround sound with the 20-watt dyanamic acoustic chamber (DAC) speaker system. It produces TruSurround Sound with SRS (Sound Retrieval System) 3D audio effect. Two HD-capable (Y/Pb/Pr--1080i, 480p, and 480i) component-video inputs (both at the rear) allow you to connect an optional HDTV receiver or a source with component-video outputs. It also has 2 A/V inputs (1 front, 1 rear), 3 S-video inputs (1 front, 2 rear), 2 RF inputs, 1 center speaker input, and 1 monitor (rear).

Tech Talk