PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo's

Kirbs17
01-02-2005, 06:14 PM
Hey

Sorry if this in the wrong area ( mods move it if it is). Anyways, I got a tattoo about... a year ago now, and Ive been cursed with the scar tissue is still raised on my skin were the tattoo is. Im wondering if anyone else's tattoo did this?

DUBBED
01-02-2005, 06:15 PM
I know a girl who has the same problem, but she is allergic to the ink.

Kirbs17
01-02-2005, 06:38 PM
That would suck a lot. Im not allergic (I dont think so anyways), I dont know, its just annyoing being able to feel the tattoo.

hockeybronx
01-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Kirbs17
Hey

Sorry if this in the wrong area ( mods move it if it is). Anyways, I got a tattoo about... a year ago now, and Ive been cursed with the scar tissue is still raised on my skin were the tattoo is. Im wondering if anyone else's tattoo did this?

Where did you get the tattoo done at?

5hift
01-04-2005, 05:12 PM
That problem your talking about with the tattoo feeling like its raised or scar tissue still means that it wasnt done properly. Usually this happens when your skin isnt in the greatest shape to start off with, but it can also be done if the tattoo artist rushes or doesnt do a good job.

Kirbs17
01-04-2005, 10:15 PM
I got it done at Fine Line tattoo, October 24th 03. What do you mean by skin not being in the best of condition to begin with?

designpro
01-04-2005, 10:26 PM
i have 4 tatoos and i havent had that problem, but i do know a couple of guys that have had that happen, i think it just depends on your skin type and how it handles it...i wouldnt think that anything is wrong with it, but not sure

5hift
01-04-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Kirbs17
I got it done at Fine Line tattoo, October 24th 03. What do you mean by skin not being in the best of condition to begin with?

I mean like a lot of people of who have skin thats not clear or has acne scaring on it and then they try to get tattoos over it. Basicly if your skin isnt smooth and clear and then you try to put ink on it will turn out bad. Also if your skin is darker sometimes that causes problems or if you get a tattoo on a part of your body that has thicker hair on it like a leg or something. It also depends on the color of the ink as well as I know alot of people who have had problems with red ink. It also matters if you picked at the scabbing as the tattoo was healing.

But if you have no outstanding differences then it just sounds like you got an inexperiecned tattoo artist or just a guy who rushed the job.

Kirbs17
01-05-2005, 12:35 AM
Thanks the info guys. As far as an inexperienced tattoo artist goes, I would have no clue. I love the tattoo, he did an amazing job artistic wise, but seein as it was my first, I wouldnt know right from wrong,

badseed
01-05-2005, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Khali

I mean like a lot of people of who have skin thats not clear or has acne scaring on it and then they try to get tattoos over it. Basicly if your skin isnt smooth and clear and then you try to put ink on it will turn out bad. Also if your skin is darker sometimes that causes problems or if you get a tattoo on a part of your body that has thicker hair on it like a leg or something. It also depends on the color of the ink as well as I know alot of people who have had problems with red ink. It also matters if you picked at the scabbing as the tattoo was healing.

But if you have no outstanding differences then it just sounds like you got an inexperiecned tattoo artist or just a guy who rushed the job.

Not necessarily:

1st of all tattoo's cover up scars quite well actually (I know this from personal experience)

2nd of all darker skin obviously doesn't expose the tattoo as much as someone with pale skin (just common sense) and same goes for hairy people

3rd of all puffing and scaring underneath the tattoo doesn't neccessarily mean the tattoo artist waz inexperienced or rushed. Everybody heals differently, some people scar easier than others so it really depends on the person (location of the tatt plays a role in this situation as well). And as far as the tattoo artist rushing the process, I feel this to be an inaccurate statement.

Rushing it would actually mean less exposure of the needle to the skin, point being there would be less epithelial tissue to scar. The tattoo would most likely turn out faded.

IMO it all depends on the person and how they heal. I know people who've had really good work done by reputable artist but still scar.

itsalebaron
01-05-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by badseed

Not necessarily:

1st of all tattoo's cover up scars quite well actually (I know this from personal experience)

2nd of all darker skin obviously doesn't expose the tattoo as much as someone with pale skin (just common sense) and same goes for hairy people

3rd of all puffing and scaring underneath the tattoo doesn't neccessarily mean the tattoo artist waz inexperienced or rushed. Everybody heals differently, some people scar easier than others so it really depends on the person (location of the tatt plays a role in this situation as well). And as far as the tattoo artist rushing the process, I feel this to be an inaccurate statement.

Rushing it would actually mean less exposure of the needle to the skin, point being there would be less epithelial tissue to scar. The tattoo would most likely turn out faded.

IMO it all depends on the person and how they heal. I know people who've had really good work done by reputable artist but still scar.

Well said^^^^^^... there are LOTS of reasons for this to happen. I have a few tattoos that are SOMETIMES raised and then go down other times (and in my experience scars that I have ALWAYS feel raised). I actually consulted my doctor about it and he explained it is most likely due to dehydration. When the body gets dehydrated they will feel puffy.

Vanish3d
01-09-2005, 10:43 PM
if you for example had a recent tan or sun burn or anything like that, the chances of something goin bad is higher. only other thing i can think of is bad ink, or your body not liking the ink. I got a few tatty's and i never had that problem. dont know what to tell ya. good luck

theken
01-09-2005, 10:50 PM
oen of mine does it too, i dont really care anymore

abyss
01-10-2005, 04:13 PM
I got mine done at fine line too and I had the same problem, but only right in the middle of mine, it's an ankh and it's all black, but the middle of it all kindof faded, I think it looks neat. I'll just get them to touch it up when I go get another :dunno:

love_ink
11-24-2007, 12:01 PM
what kind of ink was used?
i have the same problem that has been going on for 1 1/2 years and nothing has aliviated the issue.
the artist has already gone over the affected area with a dry needle to draw out the problem ink ......whick has been recalled since my work was done...

JRSC00LUDE
11-24-2007, 12:13 PM
It is very common to have lines or patches of work raise up sometimes, that is different from actual scarring. If I shave the hair off the one on my arm with a razor, the fine lines usually will raise up enough for you to feel them. It's no big deal. I know a person with a coverup that when they get really hot, the lines from the original work underneath with raise up. This is just something that happens to some people and is nothing too worry about.

I'd suggest that if it actually is scarred, the artist went too deep with the needles (heavy hand) or you f'd up the healing process.

asian_importz
11-26-2007, 01:59 PM
it depends on the tatto artists...some tattoo artist press harder then others...and that tends to scar people more...

Splooge
11-26-2007, 02:06 PM
i have the same scarring on my arm, never bothered me though, doesn't itch or anything. i actually thought the scarring was pretty cool hahaha

Davetronz
01-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Occasionally mine will raise up and feel slightly itchy. I don't know if it is a slight allergic reaction to the ink, but for the majority of the time they are fine, not raised, no scar tissue.

It doesn't bother me much, because I give it a few hours or a day and they are back to normal.
They seem to happen separately though, some days the ones on my arm are lifted, some days the ones on my legs are. Never at the same time though. lol.

ekguy
01-08-2008, 12:23 PM
anyone know why my tattoo who was done in black ink is almost a slightly blue hue now...it's less than a year old as well barely no sun exposure...i am fairly dark skinned as well.

JRSC00LUDE
01-08-2008, 12:56 PM
^

Hard to say for sure, could be anything from shit quality ink to maybe not put in well or just how your body reacts/heals. Ask your artist first and if you aren't satisfied with his response get a second opinion from a reputable artist.

LadyLuck
01-08-2008, 01:08 PM
my first tattoo is raised, never healed properly cuz the douche bag had a really heavy hand and went too deep..its got infected and looks retarded, plus the ink is bleeding around the tattoo so now i gotta get my new artist to fix it up for me.

if you dont treat your tattoo properly it will end up scarring pretty bad.

the new and BEST way of healing a tattoo now-a-days is not putting any lotion on it at all, but cleaning it properly after removing the bandage and letting it dry...you will have a tiny layer of skin peel off after a couple of days and thats that...it keeps the color in nicely..it doesnt scab and it takes only a few days to heal.

I have proof that it works as i got my entire right side (ribs) done.

The Cosworth
01-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
That problem your talking about with the tattoo feeling like its raised or scar tissue still means that it wasnt done properly. Usually this happens when your skin isnt in the greatest shape to start off with, but it can also be done if the tattoo artist rushes or doesnt do a good job.
this happened on my first one, my next two are perfect.

Mine was because the guy who did mine was a tool at SOS before they moved.

I go to the arthouse now in kensington