PDA

View Full Version : Ice Link Plus for IPOD

benyl
01-02-2005, 06:56 PM
Has anyone ordered and installed one of these?

I am torn between OEM ($120 USD) with no CD text and the one from Dension : http://www.dension.com/main.php ($200 USD) that has CD text.

My understanding is that the firmware is upgradeable. CD text is cool, but no necessary.

For the STi, I bought an Alpine with the Ipod link.

The HK stereo is awesome in the ZHP and even plays MP3 CDs, but having the IPOD would be awesome for really long trips.

smokedog
01-02-2005, 08:46 PM
so your can link your ipod to a your cd deck and listen to songs for your ipod???

Clem
01-02-2005, 10:01 PM
I personally prefer having MP3 text but that's me. If it doesn't matter to you I would go with the OEM BMW kit. If anything goes wrong you have dealer technical support right there. Plus it's cheaper.

Can't go wrong with Dension for quality either.

OT: how much did you pay for your STi? I'm considering getting rid of my truck for a more economical daily driver. Any comments on STi ownership?

smokedog: That is correct.

benyl
01-02-2005, 10:38 PM
The STi was just under $50K with tax.

I don't know about economical... I average 14-18 mpg in the city... About 25 on the highway.

My foot is heavy, but even a light foot wouldn't get more mileage. Turbo cars are not good on gas.

Clem
01-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by benyl
The STi was just under $50K with tax.

I don't know about economical... I average 14-18 mpg in the city... About 25 on the highway.

My foot is heavy, but even a light foot wouldn't get more mileage. Turbo cars are not good on gas.

It's prolly better than my F-150 with the 5.4L. I can see the needle on the gas gauge move if I step on it for too long. :nut: