PDA

View Full Version : Need a good restaurant!

2.2vtec
01-02-2005, 06:56 PM
What's a good place to have dinner with a female companion? I'm looking for something that is decently priced but more importantly tasty food. Looking to get a bottle as wine as well and not really looking for anything main stream. Please post your suggestions!

Ben
01-02-2005, 06:58 PM
look in the Food and Dining section, LOTS of recommendations.

Caesars is my recommendation tho, haha.

DJ Lazy
01-02-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec
What's a good place to have dinner with a female companion? I'm looking for something that is decently priced but more importantly tasty food. Looking to get a bottle as wine as well and not really looking for anything main stream. Please post your suggestions!

Calgary Tower. slightly more expensive than say, Joey Tomatoes or something, but it has an wicked view at night, and really good food.

Davetronz
01-02-2005, 07:00 PM
Hy's Steak House
Caesars Steak House
Nicks Steak House

Italian Restuarant RIGHT next to saddledome and really close to Coyotes, not sure of the name.
Chiantis

Keg?
Tony Romas?
Joey Tomatoes?

Chinese_Legend
01-06-2005, 01:00 PM
SMUGGLER'S INN

t-im
01-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Smugglers is gross

La Chaumiere (i'm saying that for everything)

5.9 R/T
01-06-2005, 01:17 PM
Da Lat - Viet/thai
El Sombrero - Mexican
Taj Mahal - Indian
Bona Roma - Italian
Athens by Night - Greek
Saltlik - Steak

There's also a really good Korean restaurant on 17th ave sw by ernest manning but I can't remember the name of it. Those are my personal faves for great taste at a decent price and staying away from the mainstream too. Generic food sucks!

3g4me
01-06-2005, 03:16 PM
Broken plate is nice. Good atmosphiere and if your lucky you can watch them smash dishes at the end of the night. Also Sandro's on edmonton trail, excellent food.

That.Guy.S30
01-06-2005, 04:11 PM
la brezza near edmonton trail. good food, good prices (25 bucks a person)
hy's or ceasers steak house for great steaks but higher prices (roughly 40 bucks a person)

DonJuan
01-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Italian/Mediteranean: "Osterio de Medecci" (I think thats how you spell it) it's in Kensington. Just started going there and the ladies love it! Good food, good service, a little hard to find parking but the valet is always an option. *Dress nice* not necessarily suit and tie, but definately not t-shirt and jeans.:D

Ariakas
01-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

There's also a really good Korean restaurant on 17th ave sw by ernest manning but I can't remember the name of it.

It's Bow Bulgogi House, they got a great lunch special as well!

Kirbs17
01-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Mongoli Grill
Cactus Club Cafe on Barlow

hockeybronx
01-06-2005, 10:04 PM
Open Sesame is pretty good to go with a girl to. The foods good, atomosphere's good, and they have "love benches" where you can sit beside each other rather than across from each other.

frozenrice
01-06-2005, 10:28 PM
Pasquale's on Macleod. Decent price, great food and really good atmosphere if you're on a date.

I'm not sure if Bow Bulgogi House is a place I'd take a female companion to. Food's good and cheap but the restraunt itself is a bit of a shack.

A790
01-07-2005, 12:24 AM
Jacqueline Suzanne's at 1219 9th Ave S.E.

Call at 266-1005

A great spot, right in Inglewood. Nice, romantic setting and the food is incredible! Come in on a Friday or Saturday night, ask for Cam and mention you're from Beyond and you'll get a 10% discount!

Now who can beat that?

</end restaurant plug>

cidley69
01-07-2005, 12:28 AM
On a similiar note, where would be the best places to get seafood in this town?

King crab would be the dish I'd like to find the most, any ideas on this one?

badseed
01-07-2005, 01:54 AM
Il Giarrdion's off of 17ave I think, been there a couple times, really good italian food:thumbsup: Not that expensive about 20 bucks a plate maybe??:dunno:

5.9 R/T
01-07-2005, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Pasquale's on Macleod. Decent price, great food and really good atmosphere if you're on a date.

I'm not sure if Bow Bulgogi House is a place I'd take a female companion to. Food's good and cheap but the restraunt itself is a bit of a shack.

It's just a companion, its like not its a date or you're trying to get into her pants or something. Who cares what the place looks like as long as the food is good!

Mckenzie
01-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Mr Schnapps in Shawnessy is a really nice atmosphere and has great food and service.:thumbsup:

lint
01-07-2005, 10:44 AM
No one's mentioned Murietta's. They really helped me out on my anniversary before christmas, and I have nothing but praise for how they handled the situation. (I made a reservation, was taken by someone who didn't know that they weren't supposed to take reservations for that night due to christmas parties, manager set us up with a nice table in the lounge, off to the side. Very romantic, and he also comp'd the drinks and desssert) Not to mention the great food and excellent service.

In the same area, the Salt Lick also has a nice atmosphere and good food.

sputnik
01-07-2005, 11:00 AM
If you dont want to go TOO fancy... but still cozy

Try out the Cactus club (on MacLeod or Barlow). Neat atmosphere and EXCELLENT food.

hockeybronx
01-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
Mr Schnapps in Shawnessy is a really nice atmosphere and has great food and service.:thumbsup:

:werd:
I went there a while ago and I enjoyed it there too. They had 25 cent wings on. It was great because it's like a pub, but it's a little quieter in there so you can actually carry out a meaningful conversation.

Weapon_R
01-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
If you dont want to go TOO fancy... but still cozy

Try out the Cactus club (on MacLeod or Barlow). Neat atmosphere and EXCELLENT food.

Excellent place to go to.

The Grilled Chicken is absolutely delicious!