PDA

View Full Version : Cleansing Diet

cidley69
01-03-2005, 02:49 PM
Does anyone know of a good cleansing diet, the kind where you take herbal supplements to cleanse organs while at the same time limiting food intakes to just soups/fruits, etc.

I have heard of them, but don't know of any specific ones. Any help would be appreciated.

Kirbs17
01-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Shit, let me see if my dad has the one he used still kicken somewhere..... I know i worked really good for him... here we go "eldeberry herbal cleansing system".. He said he bought it at the sunridge supplement store. Hope that helps

Ben
01-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Green Tea!

cidley69
01-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Has anyone else heard that additives and preservatives from the food we eat that cannot be processed by our bodies just accumulate there?

I figure what better time than after the holiday season to try to detoxify my body of yuckies!

Weapon_R
01-03-2005, 03:09 PM
A diet high in fiber, red wine, and green tea are some good ways to keep a healthy system.

rahim
01-03-2005, 03:28 PM
http://www.colonblow.com/

sputnik
01-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Those "cleansing supplement kits" are essentially a multivitamin and a laxative.

Quite frankly I think its all bullshit. An overall healthy lifestyle is a much better option. All this talk about "toxins in your body etc" is just fluff to sell over priced vitamins.

Here is what I suggest...

- Drink water.
- Cut down on sugar and processed foods
- Eat lean meat
- Eat high fibre grains
- Drink low fat milk
- Eat lots of vegetables and fruits
- Get at least 6-7 hours of sleep each day

Do this every day and you wont need to do any cleanse.

Wildcat
01-03-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by cidley69
Has anyone else heard that additives and preservatives from the food we eat that cannot be processed by our bodies just accumulate there?

if its not being processed it will simply be digested along with everything else your body doesnt need. its not like these things will just build up in your body, if that was the case based on todays diet, everyone would be dead by now :D .

hockeybronx
01-04-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Here is what I suggest...

- Drink water.
- Cut down on sugar and processed foods
- Eat lean meat
- Eat high fibre grains
- Drink low fat milk
- Eat lots of vegetables and fruits
- Get at least 6-7 hours of sleep each day

Do this every day and you wont need to do any cleanse.

I agree completely. I believe if you live a healthy lifestyle like this with a good amount of exercise the body will serve to clense itself. "In with the good, out with the suck"

bigboom
01-04-2005, 02:28 PM
there is a program called the wild rose herbal d-tox. its a combination of laxatives and herbal supplements...its probably one of the most popular ones around and most of my friends that have done have felt a lot better afterwards.

GTS Jeff
01-04-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Those "cleansing supplement kits" are essentially a multivitamin and a laxative.

Quite frankly I think its all bullshit. An overall healthy lifestyle is a much better option. All this talk about "toxins in your body etc" is just fluff to sell over priced vitamins. :werd:

and all the people who think they feel better afterwards are just victims of the placebo effect.

sputnik
01-04-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
:werd:

and all the people who think they feel better afterwards are just victims of the placebo effect.

Its not really the placebo effect. Its more like...

"Eat a low fat, high fibre diet with lots of water along with these magic beans and you will feel better."

They probably feel better, but only due to the fact that they were eating better. The magic beans were useless and a waste of money.