PDA

View Full Version : ? where are the best carwash's ?

phat97yukon
01-03-2005, 03:23 PM
So im at the carwash today, went somewhere ive never been before, and wasnt to impressed with it for the money i put in the time didnt last long compared to i put in the same amount at other place's.. Than it popped into my head, where are the best carwash's in town, best bang for your buck and open late night so you dont have to deal with alot of people when its nice out.. :thumbsup:

these are my top picks..

Western pride on richmond Rd..
Bowness carwash on bowness Rd

Lets hear where everyone's fav car wash is...

BigShow
01-03-2005, 03:28 PM
Western Pride is my top pick, open 24hrs, private wash bays, good value.

Big Bucket crowfoot has the best air hose.

Hawk Wash in Hawkwood is horrible value!!

The coin op in brentwood is a decent 24hr wash, but the stalls are way too small!

brandon
01-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Car n Paw's wash right off deerfoot in douglasglen!

Gspotracer
01-03-2005, 03:31 PM
Western Pride on Northmount Drive NW, 24hrs & nice & warm inside right now, I go late at night so I can dry my vehicle inside where it's warm:thumbsup:

Weapon_R
01-03-2005, 03:34 PM
32nd avenue NE across from the London Drugs and by the Taco Bell.

Very long wash times, indoor shampoo machine, open 24 hours, and a free underspray as you are leaving. Can't be beat!

Thaco
01-03-2005, 03:39 PM
there is a hand wand one southwest 1 block from 17th ave and 36th st se. its kick ass good pressure, $1 gets you 2 minutes, always good soap and the wax spray works good as well, water beads right off... i prefre the hand wand ones because i can control what is done to my car :D

EnRich
01-03-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by bhsmith

I 2nd that one... every 10th car wash is free too, and the spray quality is good... Keep this in mind guys, I've been to alot of car washes that dont spray as hard, I find the ones with weaker sprays dont wash my car nearly as good, and I got a black car so I notice when I've been to a shitty car wash...
cough 17th Ave near that trailer park...

FiveFreshFish
01-03-2005, 08:05 PM
Mohawk on 14 St NW, between Kensington and 5th Ave. They have 6 individual heated bays and open 24/7.

3G
01-03-2005, 08:19 PM
There is one on 16th Ave and 68 Street NE behind Mick Dicks, everytime I go I get a free carwash :confused:

Speed_69
01-03-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by 3G
There is one on 16th Ave and 68 Street NE behind Mick Dicks, everytime I go I get a free carwash :confused:
oh what..that's sweet!
do you have to fill up gas there first or something ?

Mckenzie
01-03-2005, 08:57 PM

:werd:

I have been going to them for about 5 years.....I havent found anyone that comes close to them for friendly service and the amount of time you get for your dollar. I can usually do a $2 car wash in the summer. Great place!

3G
01-03-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69

oh what..that's sweet!
do you have to fill up gas there first or something ?

nope ;)

SteveMo600
01-03-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie

I have been going to them for about 5 years.....I havent found anyone that comes close to them for friendly service and the amount of time you get for your dollar. I can usually do a $2 car wash in the summer. Great place!

Definitely agree...the wait is usually reasonable as there are like 8 bays or something. Staff is very friendly. My dollar seems to last a lot longer there than anywhere else.

Rockski
01-03-2005, 09:19 PM
in airdrie "east side car wash" is good, and in edmonton its the "bubbles" in sherwood park;)

ZorroAMG
01-03-2005, 11:44 PM
10th & 10th Car Wash (10th street and 10th Avenue SW)

theken
01-04-2005, 02:20 AM
silver dollar i think by the volkswagon/porsche/audi on mcleod

Ben
01-04-2005, 03:23 AM

Originally posted by EnRich

I 2nd that one... every 10th car wash is free too, and the spray quality is good... Keep this in mind guys, I've been to alot of car washes that dont spray as hard, I find the ones with weaker sprays dont wash my car nearly as good, and I got a black car so I notice when I've been to a shitty car wash...
cough 17th Ave near that trailer park...

Originally posted by Mckenzie

Originally posted by SteveMo600

Definitely agree...the wait is usually reasonable as there are like 8 bays or something. Staff is very friendly. My dollar seems to last a lot longer there than anywhere else.

Word Gentleman.

Wash all my cars there.

mjyuen
01-10-2005, 11:47 PM
I heard there's a new one in Harvest Hills that's supposed to be pretty good. Anyone know where it is? I drove by Silvercity and the Superstore there on the weekend and didn't see it.

thinmyster
01-10-2005, 11:53 PM
i work at cedarbrae shell in the SW its awesome cause its free!! self wash too.... just mention that your a beyonder and i could probably hook something up:bigpimp:

mucat
01-16-2005, 03:03 AM
Where about on Northmount Drive NW is the Western Pride car wash?

And what happen to the Western Pride on Richmond Rd.?
I always went there to wash my car late night, but the last couple times I went there, it was close.

Hash_man
01-16-2005, 03:46 AM
For the SW people...Right off of heritage, on Horton rd accross from the bottle depot is an excellent wash. The water always quite warm, which helps for a good wash, excellent pressure as well... And I really like the fact that they have a little clock which shows how much time you have left.:thumbsup:

?????
01-16-2005, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by mjyuen
I heard there's a new one in Harvest Hills that's supposed to be pretty good. Anyone know where it is? I drove by Silvercity and the Superstore there on the weekend and didn't see it.

I haven't been to Superstore in 2 weeks but the one i go to in (harvest hills) its actually on the corner of Harvest Hills Blvd. and 96th Ave. Opposite corner of 7/11. Its been open for like 2 years now if thats the one your talking about :dunno: .
But i like it. Its close to me and i think its pretty decent in my area since most of the ones you guys named is pretty far for me.

szw
01-16-2005, 05:59 AM
10th and 10th sucks ass.
The one weapon R mentioned on 32nd is good.

The best i've found is the one at brentwood mall. 24hrs plus I get way more time there than at any other place. I almost always end up standing there for a couple minutes spraying my tires because i've finished and still have time.

One bad thing about the brentwood carwash is when it often fogs up like crazy inside there sometimes in the winter. Sometimes I have to open my window and stick my head out to try to see a few feet in front of me.

phat97yukon
01-31-2005, 09:07 PM
:dunno: i went to 10th and 10th the other night, found out a lil trick... dont put in a toonie... you only get 3:20.... yet put in 2 loonies at once and get 5:00 mins.... wasnt impressed with the soap either there was like nothing...

xDiMSuMx
01-31-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
32nd avenue NE across from the London Drugs and by the Taco Bell.

Very long wash times, indoor shampoo machine, open 24 hours, and a free underspray as you are leaving. Can't be beat!

i love going there late at night

no one's there, u can take as long as u want

and the underbody spray is nice, i usually spend a few minutes sitting at the spray thing

googe
01-31-2005, 09:29 PM
i use automatic ones :D

AllGoNoShow
02-02-2005, 02:43 AM
The Car Detailing place in Crowfoot, not big bucket, but the other one by the bottle depot used to be really really good, expensive cause they do it for you but it is normally a very very good job, all depends on who is on at the time.

Haven't tried the Big Bucket but heard it is good aswell.

Crasian
02-08-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by ?????

I haven't been to Superstore in 2 weeks but the one i go to in (harvest hills) its actually on the corner of Harvest Hills Blvd. and 96th Ave. Opposite corner of 7/11. Its been open for like 2 years now if thats the one your talking about :dunno: .
But i like it. Its close to me and i think its pretty decent in my area since most of the ones you guys named is pretty far for me.

:werd: For the NW people, best place to go, seems to me like more time for your dollar.
I've been to 10th and 10th a few times and it seems pretty good plus it's not as busy as some of the other places on the weekends since its downtown.

Kaos
02-08-2005, 05:13 PM
if any of you happen to be out by Chestermere. Use their car wash. Pressure is insane and the options are good.

CRX crazy
02-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Big Bucket is great!! When I'm working I use the one in the S.E. I noticed it does clean alot better than other places I've been. The only downfall I've found is there rinse is cold, I'd prefer it warm but meh who can complain when somtimes it's free :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

D. Dub
02-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
The Car Detailing place in Crowfoot, not big bucket, but the other one by the bottle depot used to be really really good, expensive cause they do it for you but it is normally a very very good job, all depends on who is on at the time.

Yup they're pretty good for the mostpart.

Autostop, the full service on 32Ave. NE by that city golf course used to be pretty good, But I think they changed owners a while ago and now they suck.

Most of the employees look like thugs, and they do a crappy job.

Go4Long
02-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Hash_man
For the SW people...Right off of heritage, on Horton rd accross from the bottle depot is an excellent wash. The water always quite warm, which helps for a good wash, excellent pressure as well... And I really like the fact that they have a little clock which shows how much time you have left.:thumbsup:

yeah...the heritage wand wash or somethin, can't remember what it's called...used to take all the work trucks there and wash em really good for like $4, and my car for like $2 every time...lots of bays, great pressure...

VeilOctane
04-21-2010, 01:14 PM
i have to put one in for NW ppl.

i really like the carwash / dog wash in brentwood mall

they let you bucket wash when its not busy and the time for the money is pretty good

the only downside is the lighting kinda sucks

keep the best car-washes coming its a new season and i always love trying new places if im in the area.

StreetRacerX
04-22-2010, 10:37 AM
Great Western Pride(?) on Richmond rd SW, but only because its closer to my house then Silver Dollar, which has pretty damn good water pressure imo.

schocker
04-22-2010, 10:46 AM
I generally use big bucket in crowfoot. I have tried spyhill a few times but those guys are complete dicks.

beyond_ban
04-22-2010, 10:48 AM
WOW, back from the dead.

Originally posted by schocker
I generally use big bucket in crowfoot. I have tried spyhill a few times but those guys are complete dicks.

That is also my car wash of choice. The foaming brushes are fairly clean and don't scratch the paint like some sketchier washes would.

300zxfairlday
04-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Alot Of new car washes are open any update to the best once now?

VeilOctane
04-22-2010, 11:57 AM
the one across deer foot mall is OK hose pressure is good.

but too bad there not 24-hours.

torob
04-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Is big bucket crowfoot 24/7?

beyond_ban
04-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by torob
Is big bucket crowfoot 24/7?

Only till 10 :(

They have lots of bays though, and i usually have no problem driving up and washing instantly.

dj_honda
04-22-2010, 01:11 PM
There is a decent one behind whitehorn c train station in the NE. 39av and 32 st...its a oil change place and a car wash. its open 24hrs, has good lighting and is used mostly by cabbies late at night.