PDA

View Full Version : New Phone Purchased from Manjeet101

wmkee
01-03-2005, 05:18 PM
Hey Manjeet101,

I need the phone I bought off you. You have received my money and I have yet to receive the phone or at least the tracking number. You don't answer any email or anything.

Get the phone to me!!!

wmkee

civicrider
01-03-2005, 05:20 PM
^
this is why you dont buy stuff from someone outside of town, too many people getting screwed

wmkee
01-03-2005, 05:21 PM
I wish i had known that 7 days ago...stupid me!

Akagi Redsuns
01-03-2005, 05:29 PM
And not to mention that is his one and only post, pretty brave to purchase it.

Hopefully somehow this works out. I hate scammers.:guns:

Zonyc
01-03-2005, 05:40 PM
C.O.D

Collect On Delivery...

roopi
01-03-2005, 06:53 PM
It seems to me as though you only finalized this deal on December 28, 2004. So it has really only been about 3-4 business days. Shipping could take longer than this depending on the method.

wmkee
01-03-2005, 06:57 PM
Yeah but I had asked her to ship air NBD. Still if she did send it I would think that she would give me a tracking number?

szw
01-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by wmkee
Yeah but I had asked her to ship air NBD. Still if she did send it I would think that she would give me a tracking number?

Give it a couple days, people are still hung over.

sabad66
01-03-2005, 08:30 PM
She's online...maybe now would be the best time to message her again. How did you pay her btw?

wmkee
01-03-2005, 09:48 PM
I have been messageing her for days now with no reply. I don't know what else I can try?. I paid her by certapay.

Kamen
01-03-2005, 09:54 PM
I don't know why she hasn't replied you yet, maybe she is busy with the holidays as well. But if you finalized the deal on the 28th and I assume it was shipped on the 29th, you would not receive it until later this week at the earliest.
This is because it had like 1 day to process, then the weekend, new years, and the carry over new years holiday today Monday.
Good luck getting it though and I hope you didn't get scammed. But you should always be wary of newbies.

wmkee
01-03-2005, 10:20 PM
Yeah thanks everyone for making me feel a little better. Its just that I find it funny that I still havn't received a tracking number. Isn't it once you have something shipped you get a tracking number immediately? But yes the holiday is something I'm crossing my fingers about.

Weapon_R
01-03-2005, 10:21 PM
For priority shipping, you should get a tracking number.

Didn't you get a home number to call him/her before you finished the transaction?

wmkee
01-03-2005, 10:23 PM
I asked her for it but still haven't got a reply...gosh i'm a dumbass!!

Weapon_R
01-03-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by wmkee
I asked her for it but still haven't got a reply...gosh i'm a dumbass!!

At first glance, all of her posts are from the same IP address and her most recent visit shows that she views from the same place al the time.

If I were to scam you, i'd go to a public place like a library or school so that you could not trace my IP. Both places have very distinct IP addresses, while home addresses have IP addresses much like that of hers. I'd just chill out a bit.

If this matter is not resolved in the next few days, contact one of the moderators (including myself) and we will be happy to work with you in any escalated pursuit you may wish to initiate.

wmkee
01-03-2005, 11:13 PM
Great! I think that that is what I was looking to hear!. I'll hold tight a few more days.! Thanks again.

el-nino
01-04-2005, 04:33 PM
boo to scammers!

roopi
01-04-2005, 09:10 PM
Well if she isn't responding to any messages and she is online I would be concerned.

StupidWade
01-04-2005, 09:48 PM
There are some curious similarities between the ad posted by 'manjeet101'...

PHONE DETAILS
Price(Currency): $235 CDN. O.B.O.
Color: Silver.
Included: Phone, Manuals, Home Charger.
Unlocked: No.
Used/Tested Networks: Telus.
LifeTimer: 0:00:00
Condition: Brand New
Pictures:

SELLING DETAILS
Shipping: Yes, buyer pays.
Payment: CertaPay or Money Order

and one posted by 'jade_brown'

PHONE DETAILS
Price(Currency): $445 O.B.O.
Color: Silver.
Included: Everything in original box, Car Charger, Swivel Belt Clip, Handsfree Headset, Extra Battery, USB Data Cable and CD and Phone Case.
Unlocked: No.
Used/Tested Networks: Telus.
LifeTimer: 0:00:00
Condition: Brand New.

SELLING DETAILS
Shipping: Price depends on where you live.
Payment: Certapay or Money Order.

Same person?

Uh-oh.

I just did a net search for jade_brown and came up with this...

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=510532

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=485811

They are the same person. And probably a scam.

Sorry, man. Maybe Certapay can get the $$$ back?

Weapon_R
01-04-2005, 09:56 PM
It certainly does sound like a scammer.

Contact your local police agency and certapay immediately to find out where and how you can find this person.

turbotrip
01-04-2005, 10:13 PM
dam this fools probably gonna just keep comming back to scam others, maybe an IP ban is needed?

bspot
01-05-2005, 03:54 PM
Is certapay even legit? I've never heard of them

roopi
01-05-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by bspot
Is certapay even legit? I've never heard of them

Certapay = E-Mail Money Transfer (Very legit)

Johnny C
01-05-2005, 03:58 PM
I hope you get your money back, :guns: scammers!

Super_Geo
01-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Ok, this might seem a bit harsh, but on the Internet you have to ASSUME the person you are buying from is trying to scam you and work from there.

First, ask for a home phone number and a home address.
Contact them at given number, if it works, then go to:
www.superpages.ca and do a reverse lookup on the number and see who it's under, and the address it's under.

If they are unlisted this won't work, but it is a pretty good first step. At least this way, if it doesn't match up you know they are full of shit, and if it does match up and they try to scam you, at least you know whose tires to slash and windows to break. My buddy got scammed over ebay but the guy did it from his house with his house phone... We live in Kingston, and the scammer in London Ontario, but believe me, when we made a trip to the UofWestern, that house got fucking trashed. I don't know if a sugar/sand/oil mixture mixes well with in the gas tank, but I'm sure the guy found out ;)

After that, ask for their email addres... and not a hotmail or free address, ask for their ISP addres (ex: [email protected]).

If it's from a forum... look up how long they've been on there and how many things they've sold.

I don't see how people can be so trusting of people over the net...

bspot
01-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by roopi

Certapay = E-Mail Money Transfer (Very legit)

Makes sense that they would use this, as paypal probably banned their ass long ago.