PDA

View Full Version : Calorie Dense foods

gggunit
01-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Im trying to increase my calorie intake by 1000+.. what type of foods should I be eating? I have been eating alot of pasta, chicken, nuts, cottage cheese, and find that im getting more tired would that be a result of calorie intake?

rvd
01-03-2005, 06:35 PM
1000 calories & a sugar Hi^gh

http://www.pacific-nutrition.com/Merchant2/Extreme_XXL.gif

Wildcat
01-03-2005, 06:57 PM
^what is that? you have the nutrition info but i dont know what it is :D

gggunit
01-03-2005, 07:36 PM
I know what is it? that many calories in a drink and only 5 from fat.. that seem's like good stuff.

Wildcat
01-03-2005, 08:21 PM
oic, its this extreme XXL bottled weight gaining shake. $105 USD for 20 of them, thats pretty steep for a milkshake.

Tyler883
01-04-2005, 01:07 AM
an extra 1000 calories, to put on lean mass,but you still don't want to get fat, right?

well, here's my 2 cents worth:

1)Stay away from sugars, it'll only spike your insulin and encourage fat gains. However, this isn't true if you want to eat something likefruit imediately after a workout. Other people on this website know more about this than I do, but there's an excellent window of opportunity to take in about 300 calories of fruit after a workout where you will most likely NOT store the energy in your fat cells.

2)Eat lots of vegetables, but only enough to make sure you have a healthy diet, ie don't fill up on them....then,choose starchy carbs at every meal.

3) the most calorie densest food is.......OIL!! And, oil will not cost much, nor will it spike your insulin levels.

Did you meant to call chicken and cottage cheese calorie dense? Cause I know that they are excellent sources of protien, but never thought of eating extra portions to bring up my calorie count...but I guess it's a good idea because you would be increasing your protien intake, too. Good idea if you're planning on weight training.

rvd
02-25-2005, 11:58 AM
Check out this Gainer

Inter-Sport Technologies Mass Xplosion - 10 lbs.

Inter-Sport Technologies Mass Xplosion - 10 lbs.

List Price: $59.95
Our Price: $39.99
You Save: $19.96 (33%)
Quantity:

Select Option:

Buy Fast. Feel Secure.®
Pay Later with Bill Me Later®
Click Here for details.

Shipping: Only $2.95
for your entire order

Catalog #: 947576

In stock. This product normally leaves our warehouse within 1 to 2 business days.

davidI
02-25-2005, 01:22 PM
Steel cut oats!

Why can't people eat food the old fashioned way anymore?

1badPT
02-25-2005, 01:57 PM
I use to take Muscle Juice 2544 - and I found it just way too disgusting. It was great to sip, but when you have to drink 600mL of it and its thick almost like pudding and so sweet you feel like your teeth are going to rot out of your face it just wasn't worth it.

It did have 55 grams of protein when mixed in milk (17 grams came from milk). It also had 960 calories, but I'm sure from its sweetness that it was mostly dextrose or some other simple sugar.

Now I make shakes with real food -

1 Tbsp of Peanut butter
1/4 cup of oats
1 banana
1 cup of frozen berries
500 mL milk
a squirt of molasses/honey
1 scoop of protein powder

This shake is still fairly thick and I've worked the calories out to around 800, and I somehow think this is more healthy than Muscle Juice. The extra 200 calories I can easily get by eating a bagel or a crossant.