PDA

View Full Version : Windshield frost

fortissimo
01-03-2005, 09:48 PM
Hi =)

I had a question about a car and I thought someone here might have had the same experience. In the winter my car gets cold unusually quickly, and on some days (this morning as well), my front windshield frosts inside the car. My back windshield does this as well. I am thinking there may be a leak somewhere but I don't know how to test this. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Mckenzie
01-03-2005, 10:33 PM
Its the snow that gets sucked down your intake vent which gets blown through your car when you hit the defrost....its a good idea to clean that area of snow and your hood so it does not blow down the vent. Also, dont hit the defrost right away. I know its fucking scary when all of a sudden you are doing 60km/h and you are viewing through a spot on the glass the size of a quarter...it happened to me the other day and I freaked.

Sometimes just putting the air on floor and top vent until the car warms up and then hitting the defrotst will save you ALOT of headaches. It will only fog up a little bit instead of alot....that is my suggestion. Good luck!:)

TurboMedic
01-03-2005, 10:55 PM
If you've recently driven it will do that, due to the melted snow in your floormats, plus if you use recirculate it will fog, unless A/C is on....quicker defrost will happen if you just use the defrost setting (on A/C equipped cars will trigger A/C)

Chiggles
01-04-2005, 02:32 PM
LOL. My car does that too. The front windshield is usually fine, but the inside of my hatch always seems to frost up all the time in the winter if the car's been parked for more than 5 hours and it's below -18. I have no A/C on mine, so I'm thinking about getting one of those space heaters from Crappy Tire and just running the thing in the back of the car while it warms up. I don't usually have a problem with frost developing on the inside WHILE I'm driving, just when it's been parked for a long time.

fortissimo
01-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Yeah...my windshield frosts up a lot on the inside when I leave it parked at work. It feels kind of weird when you have to use the scrapper inside of the car. Thanks for all the answers!