PDA

View Full Version : Next Big Thing in Auto Incentives: No-Charge Insurance

benyl
01-04-2005, 01:37 AM
Revolutionary Pilot Provides One Year of Coverage With Lease or Purchase of VWs in Illinois, Wisconsin

BETHPAGE, N.Y., Jan. 3 -- A Long Island insurance think-tank has licensed Volkswagen of America, Inc. to offer the industry's first no- charge insurance policy to customers who purchase or lease selected models during a three-month test in Illinois and Wisconsin.

Unlike traditional rebates or low-interest incentives offered by other automakers, the insurance process has patents pending, ensuring that it will remain exclusive to Volkswagen of America during the pilot. Volkswagen will pay the premiums based on a new insurance model. Creative Innovators Associates, Bethpage, N.Y., devised the insurance plan that bases risk on the car model rather than a driver's profile.

VW will offer the incentive from January 4 to March 31, 2005 on the new 2004 and 2005 Golf, New Beetle and New Beetle Convertible. To qualify, residents of the two states must be licensed in Illinois or Wisconsin and take delivery of a qualifying car from a VW dealer in those states.

Source: Auto channel

Speed_69
01-04-2005, 02:20 AM
holy shit that is sweeet!
free insurance for a year :nut:

Weapon_R
01-04-2005, 02:25 AM
Not a bad idea, especially since most drivers don't cost much more than $1500/year. Most dealerships offer better incentives than that anyways, but I bet a lot of people will think they are getting a great deal :)

theken
01-04-2005, 02:26 AM
i would sure fuck them over :D

FiveFreshFish
01-04-2005, 02:27 AM
Doubt we'll see that in Canada.

hyperwhite
01-04-2005, 08:06 PM
haha wow, i'd take them to the cleaners! i just got a quote of $5600 a year for a 97 sunfire :eek:

nhlfan
01-16-2005, 03:07 AM
insurance here for any vehicle isnt over around 700 bucks. average being much less. good old everybody-on-welfare saskatchewan