PDA

View Full Version : good used parts???

redbaron303
01-04-2005, 12:32 PM
I have an 83 533i

It needs a new 5 spd tranny; left rear trailing arm; rear suspension beam (drive shaft goes through it).

Where can I get these parts.

Bavaria BMW is going to try and find me used ones b/c the new tranny is $4000 and is NOT worth it. I've also tried Al's Auto Salvage in Edmonton and they're looking too.... but does anyone else have a quicker lead? I don't have a big budget for this car, just want it driveable again.

Glenn 328is
01-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Try these guys in California. There is shipping, but the prices are very reasonable... Bavarian Auto Recycling (http://www.bmrparts.com/)

BMDUBS
01-05-2005, 06:52 PM
For BMW parts somewhat locally, try Manchester auto in Calgary even though some people on this board feel they are crooks. I do admit they are difficult to deal with and on the expensive side. But desperate times, desperate measures! And if they dont suit to your liking, Bimmer Parts in Duncan B.C are highly recomended and their prices are fair. Check both as shipping might make or break the deal.Call them at (1-888-309-8899 or 1-250-748-0832.*Bimmer Parts)

redbaron303
01-06-2005, 12:05 AM
Thanks a bunch guys.

Just trying to figure out an inexpensive route (oxymoron w/ BMW) to fix up this old gal. I'd rather drive it than crush it.

What about rebuilds on the transmission? Anyone have expereience with that?

And thanks again for the contact information guys.