PDA

View Full Version : 25,000 HP, and 0-60 in 0.16 sec

T5_X
06-18-2002, 10:00 PM
http://www.au004a2814.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/miller.htm
http://www.rugeley.demon.co.uk/sport/drag/sammy.htm

Imagine taking a spin in THAT! :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Superesc
06-18-2002, 11:01 PM
Idon't think that thing "spin" at all heheh STRAIGHT LINE only.. a VERY LONG STRAIGHT LINE heheh :thumbsup:

weren't there a rocket car race show at RC a while back?? I saw something on it on CHANNEL 8

Ekliptix
06-18-2002, 11:35 PM
That take big balls. like pupkin size.

I saw a guy at RC recently in a 6 second car who was all over the track for 3/4 of the way down. It looked like he was going to flip or hit the wall, but he didn't let off the gas once!! that's beyond ballsy. :clap:

T5_X
06-19-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
That take big balls. like pupkin size.

I saw a guy at RC recently in a 6 second car who was all over the track for 3/4 of the way down. It looked like he was going to flip or hit the wall, but he didn't let off the gas once!! that's beyond ballsy. :clap:

6 seconds? was it a top fuel dragster or funny car?

spyguy
06-19-2002, 12:35 AM
moving this...

James
06-19-2002, 01:19 AM
ohhhhhhhh, sweet!:burnout:

300rwhp
06-19-2002, 06:45 PM
thats all fine and dandy but a "mustang" went faster in the 1/4 mile 3.03s
the guys name is John Force and he hold the the top fuel funny car championship nhra for 11 years running

Ben
06-19-2002, 06:47 PM
good for that Tubular space frame with a mustang resembled fiber body.:p

bol
06-19-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Benny
good for that Tubular space frame with a mustang resembled fiber body.:p

I love how people still call it a mustang and an integra when every single part of the car has been swapped out.

In my opinion once you lose the chasis and/or engine for something else... it's no longer whatever it was before.

and in the case of top fuel dragsters, it never started out as anything!

Ben
06-19-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by bol

I love how people still call it a mustang and an integra when every single part of the car has been swapped out.

In my opinion once you lose the chasis and/or engine for something else... it's no longer whatever it was before.

Exactly!

4wheeldrift
06-19-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by bol

Swapped out what? John Force's car was never a mustang to begin with. That car started life as a heap of steel pipe and a bunch of carbon strands. Any resemblance to a mustang is purely because of the shape of the mold they made the body in to fit a certain NHRA template.

Fastest thing i have ever seen that could still be called a "street" car at race city was a mid-60s corvette with a blown 600ci V8 under the hood. He was running 8.9 or so down the quarter.

300rwhp
06-20-2002, 01:18 AM
i kidding thats why i put mustang in quotations ok i was just trying to egg you guys on yes john forces car has nothing to do with a mustang but the pony on the front but it went quicker in the 1/4 and that was my point
as for 4 wheel drift there is a 88 mustang that goes 7s in vancouver perhaps you have heard of it his name is Dal Sangha and hes running a 5 liter stroked to a 5.6 no where near 600ci he drives it on the street still has moderate interior and he runs 10 inch rims which amazing

bol
06-20-2002, 03:38 AM
We're not arguing, me and benny are refering to a argument awhile ago over a honda top fuel that people were going nuts over because they thought it was an acura modded to to it...

the car is still ass fast :P

4wheeldrift
06-20-2002, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by 300rwhp

as for 4 wheel drift there is a 88 mustang that goes 7s in vancouver perhaps you have heard of it his name is Dal Sangha and hes running a 5 liter stroked to a 5.6 no where near 600ci he drives it on the street still has moderate interior and he runs 10 inch rims which amazing
I said the fastest car I had SEEN at race city. That doesn't mean there aren't faster elsewhere, or even faster cars that run at race city that I haven't seen yet.

conedodger
06-20-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by 300rwhp
thats all fine and dandy but a "mustang" went faster in the 1/4 mile 3.03s
the guys name is John Force and he hold the the top fuel funny car championship nhra for 11 years running

3.03s... ARE YOU ON DRUGS ?

The NHRA records, for TF/FC are 4.731 @ 325.14 for Force. Bazemore currently holds the top MPH record in TF/FC @ 325.69.

Bernstein holds the TF record at 4.477. Schumacher holds the TF speed record at 333.08 mph.