ex. (200lbs x 1.082 = 216.40)
add 94.42
ex. (216.40 + 94.42 = 310.82)
mulriply your waist measurment by 4.150
ex. (34" x 4.15 = 141.10)
weight factor - weight factor
ex. (310.82 - 141.10 = 169.72)
actual weight - lean body mass
ex. (200 - 169.72 = 30.28)(30.28 is your body fat)
(body fat / actual weight) x (100)
ex. ([30.28 / 200] x 100 = 15.14%)

your body fat would be 15.14% :thumbsup:

this formula is in the NO2 book you get at GNC

try this site as well.. I havent used it myself
http://www.mybodycomp.com/

civic_rida
01-05-2005, 12:41 AM
Jus did mine
8% body fat.

Weapon_R
01-05-2005, 12:45 AM
Very innacurate.

hockeybronx
01-05-2005, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Very innacurate.

If anybody wants THE accurate way to measure their body fat...

Materials needed:
- skinfold caliper
- measuring tape
- brain
- and this link:
http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magazine/ultimatebodyfattestingguide.htm

badseed
01-05-2005, 02:19 AM
^ Werd, or you can use a bio-impedance machine which measures the amount of resistance in your body. This method seems to be pretty accurate compared to skinfold tests.

JeremyD
01-05-2005, 10:00 AM
Skin fold tests aren't really accurate for determining your body fat percentage but it is quick and easy to compare changes in the specific areas.

The impedence test is far more accurate.

The best by far is the water displacement test. But I don't know of any home based ones.

This formula is far from accurate. At best it is 8% out from what my last impedence test said. Although I can't verify the accuracy of that either as it is not a super high quality device.

gggunit
01-05-2005, 01:50 PM
I got a body fat messuring machine for xmas ill compare the 2 and let you guys know

Tyler883
01-05-2005, 02:05 PM
i think consistency is more important than accuracy

Tyler883
01-05-2005, 06:43 PM
Even a person that is consistantly wrong can tell you if you've lost body fat over the last few weeks by trending your progress.

In many cases, fat loss can be tracked by an incacurate method by establsihing a baseline, then re-measuring several weeks later. The acuracy will have no effect on your trending, i.e., the key thing would to be consistant with your method so that if your method is 10 percent high, you will still get meaningful trending.

However, some people may be very interested in getting an acurate percentage....if so, method of measurement is important too.

If anyone out there decides that skin fold calipers are acurate enough, I would reccomend that you get the same person to measure you each time( its that "consistancy" thing again)

Weapon_R
01-05-2005, 06:47 PM
Fat loss can be determined with a weight scale :poosie:

The practice of determining your body fat is a little more precise than punching some numbers into a universal formula. Regardless of consistency, I am sure you can agree that this does not yield the intended results, which is to calculate an individual's body fat.

Tyler883
01-05-2005, 07:00 PM
In additon, moisture levels on your skin have an effect on electrical current.

My ESD strap at work sometimes fails to work unless I use some moisturizer.....some electricians (with thick and dry calluses on their hands) are bold enough to work on live wires(PLEASE DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME)

I think World Health club uses a cream when they impedance test you, but I would have to question the consistancy of any home impedance product if they don't use a cream. IMO, if you want consistancy from a home tester, I'd be critical no to place the sensors on any skin that is callused, and if you want to buy some ESD moisturizer, a place like Active Electronics on 32 Ave NE would probably sell it to you.

FiveFreshFish
01-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by JeremyD
The best by far is the water displacement test.

Who offers this in Calgary?

rahim
01-05-2005, 07:42 PM
the water displacement test is the most accurate method and it is only accurate to withing 2%, so don't worry about calipers and machines, the mirror is all you need

Tyler883
01-05-2005, 09:45 PM
Fat loss can be determined with a weight scale :poosie:

You should replace "fat loss" with "total weight loss"

The practice of determining your body fat is a little more precise than punching some numbers into a universal formula. Regardless of consistency, I am sure you can agree that this does not yield the intended results, which is to calculate an individual's body fat. [/B]

I tend to agree, but I think that it may have more repeatability than other methods that you might want to use at home.

But, if you are going to pay top dollar at a health club, then you obviously want to get top acuracy from the health club, too.

I don't see any problem with using a "loose" method at home, and a more "acurate" method when affordable.

It is quite plausible that you will find that a "consistant " home method - if done carefully - will produce repeatable results that are low by 5 percent( acuracy). but this a conclusion that should only be based on YOUR own feedback. Each person's uniqeness may make these results vary too much to make a general claim of acuracy.

For those of you that don't like it, then don't use it, you can certainly pay more money- more often - and have more "acurate" readings

Weapon_R
01-06-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Tyler883
Moderator,

Tyler

You're right - I apologize for any hardship that it caused you. The comment has been removed.

Tyler883
01-06-2005, 05:28 PM
thanks, I apologize for my part in this. Sometimes , things quickly become a 2 way street....so should the apologies

regards
Tyler

JeremyD
01-07-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Who offers this in Calgary?

I don't know. I have searched some of the links in

http://www.albertabodybuilding.com/

and some of the forums they have but I haven't found anything yet.