PDA

View Full Version : Mimosa in Shawnessy

GoChris
01-05-2005, 01:30 PM
Has anyone eaten there? Is it any good? I really enjoy a good vietnamese supper, some charbroiled pork and vermicilli :)

I'm thinking of trying it out soon now that I live near there.

PGTze
01-05-2005, 02:48 PM
I've never seen this place before and I live right by Shawnessy. Where exactly is this place located? I'd like to try it out too.

frozenrice
01-05-2005, 06:39 PM
They're in the corner of the strip mall where Zeller's/Subway is. I personally wouldn't recommend it. They're a tad more money than other places and the portions are smaller. I also find the service kind of slow/lacking from the 3 times that I've been there.

little_wan
01-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
They're in the corner of the strip mall where Zeller's/Subway is. I personally wouldn't recommend it. They're a tad more money than other places and the portions are smaller. I also find the service kind of slow/lacking from the 3 times that I've been there.

I concur. Their portions are so weak and they're more expensive. And its not exceptionally better than any other viet place.

86max
01-05-2005, 11:29 PM
I'd have to agree with them two^^^^

I've been three times, and probably won't go again, it just happens to be the closet viet restaurant in the area, and I can't live without pho :poosie:

frozenrice
01-06-2005, 12:07 AM
I'd say the best (and I use that term loosely) viet food that far south would be Mina's in Avenida. It's in that newer strip mall by the Tim Hortons and Rickys.

GoChris
01-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
I'd say the best (and I use that term loosely) viet food that far south would be Mina's in Avenida. It's in that newer strip mall by the Tim Hortons and Rickys.

Ok, I know where Avenida is, thanks for the info. Usually for lunch when I'm at work I go to Bagolak across from the chinook LRT, they are very good. There is also one behind hooters I think, just one block north of memory express thats good too.

I am just so addicted I need a place for supper sometimes as I don't always go at all during the week for lunch. Chinook is too far to drive from shawnessey though for viet food.

Chinese_Legend
01-06-2005, 01:03 PM
I would also agree tha Bagolak is a very good place for viet food. Prices are pretty good as well and nice environment.

GoChris
01-06-2005, 04:33 PM
ya I also tried saigon y2k once, i prefer bagolak over that.

IggyB
01-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Shawnessy Vietnamese is pretty good and the service has improved. It's beside the mattress store by the Coliseum movie theater

GoChris
01-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by IggyB
Shawnessy Vietnamese is pretty good and the service has improved. It's beside the mattress store by the Coliseum movie theater

ok awesome, I didnt know there was one there. i will check it out this weekend hopefully.