PDA

View Full Version : ps2 console problem

AznDragon2004
01-05-2005, 11:58 PM
Hi,

I'm just wondering which dvd lens cleaners work for the ps2??? Has anyone tried using them on the ps2??? My ps2 right now isn't reading the discs, so i need a dvd lens cleaner.

Anyone used one and was successful??

wildkarrde
01-06-2005, 12:16 AM
It's not the fact that the lens is dirty, its the fact that the lens is fucked. Call sony, and they will fix it for free, minus shipping.

heavyD
01-06-2005, 08:58 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of shoddy PS2 hardware. There are sites that show how to take your PS2 apart and fix it. If that doesn't work just buy a new one or get an Xbox instead.

AznDragon2004
01-06-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by wildkarrde
It's not the fact that the lens is dirty, its the fact that the lens is fucked. Call sony, and they will fix it for free, minus shipping.

I think i've had the ps2 for more then 2 years. Will it still be under warranty??

no_joke
01-06-2005, 12:26 PM
No I think PS2 warranty only lasts for 30 or 90 days, so either way you won't be covered. It doesn't sound like you have a store warranty neither but I think you can call Sony and they'll help you out.

EK 2.0
01-06-2005, 12:27 PM

HOLY MIS-INFORMATION BATMAN!!...

the work will be done for a 100 dollar charge...you take your busted PS2 into a Sony Store...they charge you 100 dollars and get you a new-refurbished unit with a 90 day warranty...

it takes usually about 2-3 weeks on average for the turn around time...or you can save yourself a little bit of travel time and call Westpeak Electronics...they are the authorised Sony Service and Parts Depot in Calgary...

403-291-1672 Westpeak...take it up to them...they are in the N.E. and they will help you out...

3G
01-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Better idea....if you still have your box, put it in the box and head down to your nearest Superstore. Be like "I got this for Christmas and it's not working properly" and bam you got a new one. That's what I did when I fryed my PS1 with a modchip.

GoChris
01-06-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by AznDragon2004
Hi,

I'm just wondering which dvd lens cleaners work for the ps2??? Has anyone tried using them on the ps2??? My ps2 right now isn't reading the discs, so i need a dvd lens cleaner.

Anyone used one and was successful??

Let me actually answer your question. My buddy has had this problem before, and he just grabbed any cheap lens cleaner, cd or dvd it does not matter.

Try that it should help read them again, I have used it before and it helps with the read quite a bit as they can tend to get a bit dusty.

wildkarrde
01-06-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

HOLY MIS-INFORMATION BATMAN!!...

the work will be done for a 100 dollar charge...you take your busted PS2 into a Sony Store...they charge you 100 dollars and get you a new-refurbished unit with a 90 day warranty...

it takes usually about 2-3 weeks on average for the turn around time...or you can save yourself a little bit of travel time and call Westpeak Electronics...they are the authorised Sony Service and Parts Depot in Calgary...

403-291-1672 Westpeak...take it up to them...they are in the N.E. and they will help you out...

I'm not misinformed at all.

The same thing happened to me, after I've owned it for 2 years. Call the Sony help line, and say that you are having the DRE problem.

They will fix it for free minus shipping.

AznDragon2004
01-06-2005, 03:23 PM
I found a online guide on cleaning the lens. Seems really simple so i might just do it myself.

wildkarrde
01-06-2005, 06:46 PM
I tried that. It worked at first, but eventually it will just go back to the same problem.

AznDragon2004
01-07-2005, 10:39 AM
I tried that. It worked at first, but eventually it will just go back to the same problem.

Tried what?? The lens cleaner?

George_Reyes
01-07-2005, 11:30 AM
Who is BATMAN?:dunno:

1-Bar
01-07-2005, 12:55 PM

I'm not misinformed at all.

The same thing happened to me, after I've owned it for 2 years. Call the Sony help line, and say that you are having the DRE problem.

They will fix it for free minus shipping.

If they fix it for free, then why is the authorized Sony shop charging $100 for them? The PS2 has known optical block assembly problems hence the cheapness to fix.....

Anyone else had their PS2 replaced for just a shipping charge???

AznDragon2004
01-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Ya, if it's free to fix sony should just give me a new ps2 if i brought to sony store.