PDA

View Full Version : 2 thumbs up for Canon

3G
01-06-2005, 12:38 AM
I dropped my A60 off @ Canon last week for repairs, then today Purolator brings me an A70 from Canon. :thumbsup: Why would they do this?

Speed_69
01-06-2005, 01:19 AM
i have an canon a75..let me say..awesome camera!:thumbsup:

badseed
01-06-2005, 01:27 AM
Canon is definetly my number one choice for when purchasing a camera.

Ben
01-06-2005, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by 3G
I dropped my A60 off @ Canon last week for repairs, then today Purolator brings me an A70 from Canon. :thumbsup: Why would they do this?

Fuck that! They've had my D-SLR for over a month now, good to see the guy who spends 6 times the price of an A60 gets the worst service.

kenny
01-06-2005, 01:48 AM
For the cheaper A60, it would have cost Canon more to service the camera so they provided a replacement. On your D-SLR it would be cheaper for them to get parts in and service it rather than replace it. Its no different than any other manufacturer's warranty--perhaps you should have bought the extended warranty! hahah j/k

Ben
01-06-2005, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by kenny
For the cheaper A60, it would have cost Canon more to service the camera so they provided a replacement. On your D-SLR it would be cheaper for them to get parts in and service it rather than replace it. Its no different than any other manufacturer's warranty--perhaps you should have bought the extended warranty! hahah j/k

yes, but it's been an unacceptable amount of time. Earlier this year it was same week repair turnaround.

Time to call again tomorrow...was wonderful having my nice camera in the shop over christmas.