PDA

View Full Version : Any side effects from prolonged use of visine?

Super_Geo
01-06-2005, 03:26 AM
Being home with the family for Christmas, I have to use visine at least 2-3 times a day.

Does this pose any health risks? I have no clue how visine actually works, and I wouldn't be worried about it normally, but I've almost gone through half a bottle since I got back! :eek:

kenny
01-06-2005, 03:35 AM
Prolonged/Excessive use of Visine is really bad for your eyes. What visine does is cause the blood vessels in your eyes to constrict, which reduces red eyes. However excessive use of this will cause your blood vessels to get used to the visine and eventually they will rupture and your eyes will become all bloodshot and of course will not respond to visine.

Super_Geo
01-06-2005, 04:01 AM
Holy fucking shit!!!

..... well, that ends that....

SmAcKpOo
01-06-2005, 06:04 AM
haha wow......thats crazy

2002civic
01-06-2005, 09:45 AM
haha maybe the drugs are worse than the visine jk im sure its for allergies

bspot
01-06-2005, 11:27 AM
Smoking up 2 to 3 times a day at home with your family for christmas? :rofl:

QuasarCav
01-06-2005, 11:31 AM
In the olden days of HS when I was a big fan of the reefer I would use that stuff almost every day. After a while my eyes were red all the time. I stopped using it and my eyes went back to normal.

Mckenzie
01-06-2005, 11:53 AM
I used that stuff back in the day for like three years everyday and never had a problem with it....I mixed it up a bit with clear eyes too....but yes I have heard that it is not good for your eyes.

sputnik
01-06-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by kenny
Prolonged/Excessive use of Visine is really bad for your eyes. What visine does is cause the blood vessels in your eyes to constrict, which reduces red eyes. However excessive use of this will cause your blood vessels to get used to the visine and eventually they will rupture and your eyes will become all bloodshot and of course will not respond to visine.

:werd:

Same problems that occur when people overuse nasal spray, laxatives, sleeping pills etc