PDA

View Full Version : 1990 1/2 acura NSX japan...? where to find.?

LaughingTiger
01-06-2005, 03:01 PM
I heard that they are gonna bring in some NSX's this year from japan. right side drive... cause of the 15 year thing..... Anyone know where I can look into this....? I know there bringing in skylines and sylvia's .. ............???

Thanks...

dj_honda
01-06-2005, 03:02 PM
www.importconcern.ca

Skylinelover
01-06-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by LaughingTiger
I heard that they are gonna bring in some NSX's this year from japan. right side drive... cause of the 15 year thing..... Anyone know where I can look into this....? I know there bringing in skylines and sylvia's .. ............???

Thanks...
Who is they?

LaughingTiger
01-06-2005, 03:13 PM
The people w/ the big boats in Japan...!

mx73someday
01-06-2005, 03:19 PM
There is very little benefit in buying a JDM NSX over a local NSX. The prices are pretty much the same, JDM NSX's have not devaluated like other cars in Japan have.

Jim Jones
01-06-2005, 03:24 PM
Aside from typically lower mileage.

LaughingTiger
01-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by mx73someday
There is very little benefit in buying a JDM NSX over a local NSX. The prices are pretty much the same, JDM NSX's have not devaluated like other cars in Japan have.

Yeah i was trying to e-mail u on ur site but it says i gotta sign up for a yahoo account .. U guy's aren't bringing any in then hey..? They don't depreciate to much I know... But my problem is finding one w/ low km's, and that hasn't been in an accident .. I'd be happy w/ something under 70 000 km's for around $30-40k...? I almost bought a 96 nsx-t w/ 23'000 miles for $45 k but guess what I found out... it was a wright off in the usa.. to good to be true.. there's one in Van now about 60 000 km's for around $55 k I think... But I wouldn't mind saving 10k

mx73someday
01-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Try this link for prices of 1990 NSX's at Japan auction:

http://english.auto.vl.ru/auctions/search/?fid=2+101&year_from=1990&year_to=1990&price_from=&price_to=&km_from=&km_to=&volume_from=&volume_to=&mark_from=7&mark_to=&frame=&compl=&s=1

The above list excludes accident vehicles. I assume you only care about one with a 5 speed. One of the cheaper examples had 66k kms and sold for 2,894,000 JPY. At that price, it would cost around $48,000 to import through us (includes everything, even gst).

mazda_maniac
01-07-2005, 01:43 PM
The reason japanese cars have such low mileage is because of strict emissions.

LaughingTiger
01-07-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by mx73someday
Try this link for prices of 1990 NSX's at Japan auction:

http://english.auto.vl.ru/auctions/search/?fid=2+101&year_from=1990&year_to=1990&price_from=&price_to=&km_from=&km_to=&volume_from=&volume_to=&mark_from=7&mark_to=&frame=&compl=&s=1

The above list excludes accident vehicles. I assume you only care about one with a 5 speed. One of the cheaper examples had 66k kms and sold for 2,894,000 JPY. At that price, it would cost around $48,000 to import through us (includes everything, even gst).

Can u explain the price increase...? U are adding 20k on to their price. Are thoughs Us prices.. And how much shipping is charged... ? Do they come w/ documentation stating that they never have been in accidents...?

garagefujimoto
01-07-2005, 04:05 PM
strict emissions?
how would that affect how often you drive you car?
they have low miles because most people take the train or bus, and even if you take a huge road trip, you can go much more than a day's drive without gettin to the end of the islands, and gas and registration etc is not nearly as cheap as here..

that said, a nsx is still an expensive car, but having low miles is always good on a car that can be expensive to maintain.

but low miles doesn't always mean it's perfect, it's still a 15 year old car...

mx73someday
01-07-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by LaughingTiger

Can u explain the price increase...? U are adding 20k on to their price. Are thoughs Us prices.. And how much shipping is charged... ? Do they come w/ documentation stating that they never have been in accidents...?

JPY2,894,000 @ 0.0121 = $35,017

We have to pay someone to export the car. Customs charges a 6.1% tariff and GST. The shipping is $700-800, but some people would be hesitant to use RORO instead of container shipping for such an expensive car. I could go on, there are other expenses, but it all adds up fast. And I would like to add that our estimates are calculated high to make sure we don't exceed them, most of our customers pay less than the quote they were given.

Without going into alot of detail, if bought at auction, then yes they will supply a document saying that the car was not in a major accident.

CokerRat
01-07-2005, 07:37 PM
91-94 NSXes are not uncommon in Canada. You'll pay in the high-30's for one with high mileage (~150+k km), 40-50 depending on condition for normal mileage (~70-100k km) and > 50 for low mileage (<50k km). 95/96 NSX-T's and 97+ cars are another ballgame. They're so rare in Canada that the price is whatever people will pay. I talked with one guy who stood firm at 60K for a high-mileage 95. I looked into importing from the States but you will pay 7% GST and 6.1% import duty when you cross the border, plus inspection and DRL conversion that IMO it isn't worth it -- you might as well buy a Canadian car.

They're great cars. Most people don't have any idea what they are. They're very reliable but some mtce work, like clutch replacement, is quite expensive.

I see no advantage to buying an imported NSX from Japan though other than to be unique.

RWD
01-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by CokerRat
91-94 NSXes are not uncommon in Canada. You'll pay in the high-30's for one with high mileage (~150+k km), 40-50 depending on condition for normal mileage (~70-100k km) and &gt; 50 for low mileage (&lt;50k km). 95/96 NSX-T's and 97+ cars are another ballgame. They're so rare in Canada that the price is whatever people will pay. I talked with one guy who stood firm at 60K for a high-mileage 95. I looked into importing from the States but you will pay 7% GST and 6.1% import duty when you cross the border, plus inspection and DRL conversion that IMO it isn't worth it -- you might as well buy a Canadian car.

They're great cars. Most people don't have any idea what they are. They're very reliable but some mtce work, like clutch replacement, is quite expensive.

I see no advantage to buying an imported NSX from Japan though other than to be unique.

nicely put