PDA

View Full Version : Snowmobile rentals?

w3apon
01-06-2005, 06:57 PM
Anyone know of a good place to rent some sleds for a day or 2?
I can't seem to find anything good, or they only rent for 2 hours.
Let me know!
Shawn

Kobe
01-06-2005, 07:02 PM
hey if you find out, could you tell me where u got it from :)

thanks

dave101
01-06-2005, 10:27 PM
srry for reviving this thread but i saw snowmobile and this anger inside me rose up out of nowhere. About a week and a half ago i got into a pretty big snowmobile accident up in utah in daniels canyon. I'm pretty sure the mobiles were 550's. I think those are pretty powerful? Anyways i was comin up on a pretty sharp turn and i didnt slow down in time so i know whats coming and i freak out and freeze and i'm goin 35 mph. So i end up launching off the embankment of the turn, fly a couple feet, ( i'm upright when i'm flying through the air) and then theres about a foot thick tree branch right where my face is going to be so i end up getting clotheslined by it goin 35. Not pretty. My face mask part of the helmet shatters and cuts the hell out of me. My chin is basically of my.....chin and some skin of my upper lip is basicaly filleted off, hanging on by a bit of skin. And the impact completely split the skin above my eye, on my forehead, completely open to where u can see my skull. Blood everywhere, almost died of blood tramatization or whatever. Srry u guys probly:whocares: but i did this for my own satisfaciton:D

Ekliptix
01-07-2005, 12:00 AM
holy damn dude. Take care and recover soon.

About the rentals, do you plan on riding from the rental location or transporting the sled somewhere to ride?

Weapon_R
01-07-2005, 12:05 AM
There's a place right next to memory express that rents this stuff out. Unfortunately, I can't remember if it was seadoo or snowmobile, but they listed it for 99/day.

3g4me
01-07-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by dave101
srry for reviving this thread but i saw snowmobile and this anger inside me rose up out of nowhere. About a week and a half ago i got into a pretty big snowmobile accident up in utah in daniels canyon. I'm pretty sure the mobiles were 550's. I think those are pretty powerful? Anyways i was comin up on a pretty sharp turn and i didnt slow down in time so i know whats coming and i freak out and freeze and i'm goin 35 mph. So i end up launching off the embankment of the turn, fly a couple feet, ( i'm upright when i'm flying through the air) and then theres about a foot thick tree branch right where my face is going to be so i end up getting clotheslined by it goin 35. Not pretty. My face mask part of the helmet shatters and cuts the hell out of me. My chin is basically of my.....chin and some skin of my upper lip is basicaly filleted off, hanging on by a bit of skin. And the impact completely split the skin above my eye, on my forehead, completely open to where u can see my skull. Blood everywhere, almost died of blood tramatization or whatever. Srry u guys probly:whocares: but i did this for my own satisfaciton:D

Hope you recover soon, sounds like it hurt like hell. Good thing you were wearing your helmet or it coulda been alot worse.

civicrider
01-07-2005, 10:37 AM
hey all season motorsports rents all sorts of stuff
204-1771
http://www.allseasonmotorsports.ca/rentals.asp

QuasarCav
01-07-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
There's a place right next to memory express that rents this stuff out. Unfortunately, I can't remember if it was seadoo or snowmobile, but they listed it for 99/day.

Right beside one of my companies buildings, hear those things all the time. Your right though, 99 for one day with a snowmobile.

craigcd
01-07-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by civicrider
hey all season motorsports rents all sorts of stuff
204-1771
http://www.allseasonmotorsports.ca/rentals.asp

Be careful Phil is a rip off i wouldnt rent sh*t from him. So many better places in town that will actually treat you like they want your business.

w3apon
01-07-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm open to suggestions.
I could rent a snowmobile here, then drive out to camore/banff/kananaskis or where ever with them and find a hotel.
Or
I would do a hotel/snowmobile package combo.

Most combo's I've seen is usually ~$220 a day per sled for rentals then $100 a night for the hotel.
For two people a weekend would around $600-1000.

If anyone has done this or has recomendations for a particular place/company please let me know, thanks! :thumbsup:

p.s. Sorry to hear about your accident dave101 :(

Ekliptix
01-07-2005, 01:48 PM
If you're willing to drive to Revelstoke there's a really great place there which rents sleds.

http://www.glacierhouse.com/

I've delt with the owner, and riden the area a few times this season already.
Here's some pics from my last trip to where their trips ride:
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67852&highlight=Revy

rockym20
01-07-2005, 02:57 PM
I'm pretty sure there are a couple of places in the Crowsnest Pass that do rentals and tours and the riding there is awesome (but then again, I'm biased as that is where I grew up).

Ekliptix
01-18-2005, 01:09 AM
anyone find the name of that place that rents them for $99/day?