PDA

View Full Version : Question about staying at a Hotel....

izzoblitzo
01-07-2005, 12:22 AM
Hey guys,

Im going on a business trip next month, and Im wondering how hotels work. I've NEVER stayed in a hotel by myself before (to deal with the paperwork anyway). So how does it work? I just show up, give them a credit card (maybe my driver's license too?) and that's it? if I dont like that hotel for some reason, can I check out early? like, later on that night?

What happens at checkout? just give them back the key? they dont require a deposit or anything, do they?

thanks guys!:thumbsup:

Weapon_R
01-07-2005, 12:38 AM
Check in with a credit card. They will give you a room and a key, and you ask when their check out time is. If you stay later than that, they will charge you for another night.

V6-BoI
01-07-2005, 12:48 AM
It depends on the hotel. If you are paying for the room by cash/debit, they usually require you to pay for the night first before you can stay, and you will probably have to leave a damage deposit which you will get back when you check out providing that the room doesn't get damaged, or anything gets stollen. If you are paying by credit card, they usually get a inprint of it when you check-in, and get you to sign something that says you are liable for the room, and you will have to pay for any damages/losses. So you don't necessarily have to check out, because you already signed the agreement saying you are liable for the room, so they will just charge your credit card (and if you pay by cash/debit, they just keep your deposit). So it's better to check-out because you can find out what you are being charged for.
Hope this helps.