PDA

View Full Version : command start

brandy_lynn
01-07-2005, 07:31 AM
Thanks to everyone who answered me. We found a remote that works at custom car audio. (a local store) Which works for our command start. And I was also Informed that command start did not go under but they did sell their technology.
thank u all again!!!!:::thumbsup:

HELP!!! I have a command start that came with my truck. The remotes are missing. Apparently COMMAND START the company went under. I am now having a heck of a time figuring out where to get new remotes from. All I have is the fcc id# off of the arial which is
fcc id: ij5245ayo2rx.

If you know ANYTHING of use to me. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!! :eek

frozenrice
01-07-2005, 07:45 AM
Since you're in Prince Geroge, I can't really help you. There is one place in Calgary that I know of that might be able to help you. It's called A.R.A Automotive. I got a replacement part from them a few months ago for my command start. The only thing I'm not sure is even if they have the remotes, they'd have to program the command start to match the remotes.

There's also another guy on this board (Strugari) that seems to know alot about command start, but again he's in Medicine Hat.
Good luck!

Strugari
01-07-2005, 09:08 AM
Try to get a unit number off the brain, under the dash. Also what does the antenna look like? I will at least try to figure out which transmitters they are that you need.

Is the unit under tha dash a square box or a big rectangle shape with an rounded top? Black or silver?:thumbsup:

LudeRoca
01-07-2005, 12:14 PM
command start didn't go under. We still sell tons of command starts at Bestbuy.

Strugari
01-07-2005, 11:02 PM
Hey LudeRoca,
What model #'s do you have available, and transmitters?
Also what is the Ph. Number for tech support on the command starts?
What warranty is offered?

You can PM me if you wish.

Thanks

LudeRoca
01-08-2005, 12:02 PM
We have the very basic one the model number is cs3701 then we carry the 480i which is the 2 way car starter. Then there is the 580i which is the alarm start combo. I don't know the number for the tech support. The units come with a life time warrenty, our installs come with a life time warrenty, but the remote comes with a 3 month limited warrenty.

braylog
01-23-2005, 09:51 AM
Try contacting PG Auto Images. My husband used to work there and they sold Command Start products. Ask for Angelo or Don.

Good luck!

offroaderdodge
01-24-2005, 12:22 PM
as a matter of fact,command start went under 3 years ago,the name was sold to another remote starter manufacturer,which now bears the command start name.they are nothing like the original product by any way ,shape or form,but they are called command start.the design may differ,but all remote starters use similar technology.command start was first and originated in winnipeg,manitoba and was originally derived from an automatic garage door opener.i have yet to see the new products around here,but i expect i will get my chance.