PDA

View Full Version : Dundee Arms Pub & Eatery (in McKenzie Lake)

sputnik
01-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Has anyone been here? I live in McKenzie Towne and have gotten tired of going to the Kilt and Caber.

Just wondering how the food and atmosphere is.

Mckenzie
01-07-2005, 10:12 AM
I thought it was still the Backwoods?

Anywho...it was great when the other owner Mario owned it....very friendly guy and great people. When the other little lebanese guy took over the place went to shit....poor service, poor food and an owner that would not socialize with his patrons.

It may have changed hands since then though....check it out...cool atmosphere and its pretty neat inside. But I have not gone there for a couple years.

sputnik
01-07-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
I thought it was still the Backwoods?

Anywho...it was great when the other owner Mario owned it....very friendly guy and great people. When the other little lebanese guy took over the place went to shit....poor service, poor food and an owner that would not socialize with his patrons.

It may have changed hands since then though....check it out...cool atmosphere and its pretty neat inside. But I have not gone there for a couple years.

It might be called something else. I just know that there is a pub in that area and just cracked open a phonebook.

Any pub recommendations for the McKenzie Towne/Lake area?

Mckenzie
01-07-2005, 10:25 AM
Over at 130th....If you dont mind poor service, Woody's is alright. Kelsey's is the same.

Down in Douglasglen there is a cool pub by the IGA that seems to be up there with The Kilt and Caber. But I think your best bet is the Kilt in Mckenzie Towne....check out the one in Mckenzie though....I dont see the guys car there anymore so it may have changed owners.

R-Audi
01-07-2005, 12:07 PM
Bull and Finch in Douglasdale

Mckenzie
01-07-2005, 01:03 PM
^ Yes Thank you....pretty cool place...:thumbsup:

Ben
01-07-2005, 01:16 PM
Backwoods is ok, I dunno, I've only been once and it was for a bday party where they prett much had the whole place to themselves anyhow, so I didn't see what the place was normally like.

I remember before it was a shithole, really shady folks in there. I think it was called the Black Tulip at that time.

Kilt and Caber is decent (great nachos) but I know what you mean about wanting to try something new. It's definatly better than Woodies Taphouse, Home of the ethiopian chicken wings (absolutly no meat).

Bull and Finch down in Douchelessdale is almost always totally impossible to find parking at.

turbo'dGSR
01-07-2005, 01:51 PM
ive lived in mckenzie for years and never checked out the backwoods. used to be the black tulip yea and shit used to happen there all the time....worth checking out i guess but dont expect much! my buddies pops owns The Bull and Finch, good food, pool tables, cigar room etc....good pub. cant ask for too much if you wanna stay deep south.

DJ Lazy
01-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Ben
It's definatly better than Woodies Taphouse, Home of the ethiopian chicken wings (absolutly no meat).

Who needs those tiny bastards when right across the way is Tony Roma's (pub side), where you can get a FULL SLAB of Ribs. (slight more expensive than wings, but worth it!!!!). Delicious.

Pretty good atmosphere IMO.