PDA

View Full Version : Fan noise

Jimmer
01-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Hey all,

I haven't checked with anyone on this (dealer, RCTS, etc) but recently my heater fan has started squeaking. It's not all the time but is getting progressively worse. Have any of you had the same problem and did you get it fixed? Where did you go? My warrenty just ended so I'm quite new on where to go.

Thanks guys!

digi
01-14-2005, 01:51 PM
I had the same problem on 2001 325i. Calgary BMW fixed it twice, the first time the replaced the blower motor and that part was faulty as well, they replaced it with a new blower motor and it is soundless now. IT was under warranty though

Tuner1
01-16-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Jimmer
Hey all,

I haven't checked with anyone on this (dealer, RCTS, etc) but recently my heater fan has started squeaking. It's not all the time but is getting progressively worse. Have any of you had the same problem and did you get it fixed? Where did you go? My warrenty just ended so I'm quite new on where to go.

Thanks guys!

Not uncommon, but sad to see on such a new car. E30s are notorious for noisy fans and I've sold quite a few E36 fans this year. Maybe the E46 is still using the same 'ol part :D

Rob