PDA

View Full Version : Need Help to fight ticket

MidnightDreamer
01-07-2005, 05:12 PM
I just got mailed one of those Multanova tickets...
It's 89$ for speeding 15 over the limit, overall not really bad. Usually I just pay these and don't bother stressing over them. But the pics they gave me along with the ticket are just B.S.. It's completely dark, you can't make out a single letter in the plate even in the magnified view. This was on sarcee tr. It was one of those stupid parked suv's with the tint... Just passed it without thinking and saw the two flashes... That ruined my day. But is there any argument I could use to get them to drop the ticket? And where would I do this? Only reason I'm asking is because I think I have a redlight ticket on the way... I hate winter! It was one of the worst times to throw a yellow... It was either risk skidding into the intersection, or just punching it and getting through, but I missed the yellow by half a second, tires couldn't get a grip... I was cursing for the entire 30mins back home... This was Jan. 1st... great way to start the new year eh? Anyways, thanks in advanced for your replies.

bspot
01-07-2005, 05:15 PM
The picture you have is much lower quality than theirs. It'll show up fine if you waste your time to go down and look at the picture.. just pay it.

As for the redlight cameras, they don't get you for going through a yellow, and they also take into account road conditions, so that ticket might not show up. Good luck.

turbo'dGSR
01-07-2005, 05:20 PM
just go to the justic eof peace by OP. talk to them and you always, or i have, get $$ off and/or demerits. its s imple as that. fighting tickets to pay nothing never works in my opinion, just say you dont have enough $ now, or dont have a job, or are in school, whatever excuse fits your situation.

MidnightDreamer
01-07-2005, 05:35 PM
lol really? You can do that? How much off the ticket should I expect? If it's not more than 25 I think I'll just go with bspot's suggestion and just pay the damn thing... I'm really crossing my fingers on the redlight one...

GoChris
01-07-2005, 05:44 PM
so it was so dark you cant see the plate, yet they managed to know it was you without a doubt and mailed it to you?

the mailed pic is not as good as the one they have, it says that right on the ticket.

it sounds like you get these alot, you would think you might have read that part by now...or learned to slow down but whatever im not bashing you for speeding.

MidnightDreamer
01-07-2005, 07:11 PM
not that i get these a lot... i share the car with my dad, he pulls in his share. I read the part where it says quality isn't the same, but on all the previous tickets i've seen, it clearly shows the plate. It's obvious they nailed me cuz i got the thing in the mail, it even reads my liscence plate on the notice, but I was wondering if i could've gotten off on a technicality... This will actually be the second ticked I've been faulted with since I started driving 3 years ago... But I'm just worried about the redlight cam that might come out... Obviously I'm not an advocator of speed, if you get nailed you should just pay up and slow down if you don't want more... but unfortunately for me I might have 2 lined up in a row and I'm not rich dude lol...

Ben
01-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Ben
[snip] Those Multa nova vans are about as obvious as a horse cock growing out of your forehead.

If you cant see a parked Tinted out Dodge Caravan onn the side of the road in a construction zone, he sure as hell would miss a child running out into traffic (hypothetical)

In Any case, they are Multanova tickets, they cary no demerits, so suck it up, pay the piper, and be damn glad they were not LIVE speed traps where you get pulled over.

SteveMo600
01-07-2005, 07:37 PM
I would really recommend just going to talk to the Crown Prosecuter and fighting the ticket. I got a ticket a little while ago and really didn't have the money to pay it. I also didn't want the demerit points on my record. I just talked to the crown prosecuter and told him that I was a college student and couldn't afford the ticket or the hike i insurance. He cut the ticket in half and took away all the demerits for me without a fight at all. It's definitely worth a shot especially if you've got another possible ticket coming.

turbo'dGSR
01-08-2005, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by MidnightDreamer
lol really? You can do that? How much off the ticket should I expect? If it's not more than 25 I think I'll just go with bspot's suggestion and just pay the damn thing... I'm really crossing my fingers on the redlight one...

well ive never done it with mulitnova but its basically the same. if you're gonna be down there to pay it, you might as well sit in line for however long and try to get $$ off...doesnt hurt to do so.

pixil9
01-08-2005, 04:47 AM
Always fight it if there's an option. Now I may be wrong here.. but as far as I know you go down to court, there's a crown prosecutor who downs your ticket without a fight because if they never did this most people would plead not guilty and they would have to pay another crown prosecutor $1000 a day(or something ridiculous) to fight 5 tickets a day in real trials when your ticket is only $100. Hell one ticket could take a full day of court if you had enough witnesses etc. Reglardless if you win or not.. it's just not worth it to them.. they'll lose $$$$ in the end. They just wanna make money.

I could be wrong here.. lemme know cuz this is just my impression of the system.

googe
01-08-2005, 07:53 AM
the crown ALWAYS offers you like 50% off just for looking at him. you dont even say anything. say youd like to know if hes willing to offer you anything, take his deal, and leave.

youd be dumb not to, just for showing up you get something.