PDA

View Full Version : Digital Photo Print

speedracer
12-13-2002, 01:54 AM
Anyone have suggestions on software that prints digital pictures?
So far I'm using Epson Film Factory (Anyone have v2.5?) but it lack refinement. (I do have photoshop but I'd like a simplier solution in printing 4X6)

OPGForce
12-13-2002, 03:52 AM
I just goto "Walmart" and pay $0.42 for 4x6 prints. Just bring your pictures in on a CD-R/CDR-W, Sony Memory Stick, Floppy...etc. Less hassle this way.

szw
12-13-2002, 04:11 AM
How is the quality on walmart digital prints?

Can you go and just do 2 pictures, or is there a minimum?

OPGForce
12-13-2002, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by szw
How is the quality on walmart digital prints?

Can you go and just do 2 pictures, or is there a minimum?

The quality is decent. Try it out for yourself. Take your best digital picture(highest quality), then go develop it at Walmart. You can get "matte" or "gloss". There is no minimum. If you want 2 of picture "A", and 1 of picture "B", it will cost you $0.42 x 3 = $1.26 + 7% GST = $1.35

speedracer
12-13-2002, 10:37 AM
My epson photo 890 will still out print any Walmart lab :rofl:

MrX
12-13-2002, 12:51 PM
Umm....if you are in the market for crappy pictures go to walmart! hahaha...so here's my plug for the family business.

Go to PHOTO EXPERTS:D :thumbsup:

But seriously, the digital labs at walmart are not the best out there, plus the machines aren't calibrated to produce the optimum quality pictures. The machines at my store are calibrated at least 4-5 times a day to make sure things are up to par.

szw
12-13-2002, 04:13 PM
how about costco /vistek/ superstore digital ones?

kenny
12-13-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by szw
how about costco /vistek/ superstore digital ones?
Any place that doesn't primarily do photofinishing will suck in terms of quality. Superstore uses the photofinishing to lure customers to spend money in their store while the pictures are being developed, same thing with Costco. Any real photofinishing place will have far greater quality as they will keep replacing chemicals in their machines, and recalibrate the colors throughout the day.

rage2
12-13-2002, 04:25 PM
I did my entire honeymoon on my Canon S110, medium quality, 1600x1200 resolution. Printed all the pictures out on 4x6 glossy at my dad's store (Photo Experts) and you can't tell the difference from a 35mm film camera. If you need prints that are larger than 5x7, you'll want more than 2 megapixels.

And yes, it'll out print any home level photo printer out there :D.

speedracer
12-13-2002, 04:37 PM
:rofl: I only want to print a few pictures on my printer.

Once I put together the photo's that I want I'll be sending it to Photo Experts (That might hurt too.. damn those evil 80 gig hard drives).

OPGForce
12-13-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by MrX
Umm....if you are in the market for crappy pictures go to walmart! hahaha...so here's my plug for the family business.

Go to PHOTO EXPERTS:D :thumbsup:

But seriously, the digital labs at walmart are not the best out there, plus the machines aren't calibrated to produce the optimum quality pictures. The machines at my store are calibrated at least 4-5 times a day to make sure things are up to par.

What are the prices like for 4x6 prints???

rage2
12-18-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by speedracer
Once I put together the photo's that I want I'll be sending it to Photo Experts (That might hurt too.. damn those evil 80 gig hard drives).

Just ask for the beyond discount, it'll help with the pain :D. I brought in 2 CD's of vacation pics to the shop, got a huge stack of pics back. I think my dad was pissed cuz I didn't pay :rofl: