PDA

View Full Version : Another Stupid Mini-van Driver!

SilverBoost
01-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Well let me preface this by saying, I'm from the east coast and driving in conditions a lot worse than what Calgary ever gets is not a new experience for me. I also have spent a lot of money to make sure that my car is equiped with proper winter tires. I've probably spent more on my wwinter steelies and rubber than some have for their summer show wheels.
But I digress...

Early this morning I'm driving back into town on Mcleod Trail (<--spelling?).
It was still dark and the roads weren't great but the snow on them actually helped give some good traction in a straight line. I was driving prob around the speed limit (60-65) on the inside lane. The lane was clear and I alwyas keep a huge distance between me and the car ahead in winter so I can stop in plenty of time and less importantly, because I want to keep the rock chips off the car.

Anyhow as I said, I'm driving and I see this minivan on the farthest outside lane. I'm actually coming past him quicker than he was driving, no biggie right? Well this ass-hat decides he's going to switch lanes. Also no biggie, but instead of stopping in the middle lane, then checking again before crossing into the inside lane, he decides he's going to cut right across 2 lanes to get where he needs to go. Now is it so hard for him to wait until I pass by? I'm the only car in the lane! Anyhow I have to brake hard so I flash this guy with the hi-beams to let him know he should have looked. I would have left it at that, but then he starts shaking his fist in the rear view! Well we came to a stop at the next light and I come along side of him and he's still irrate, so I give him the one finger salute and if he can read lips then he also knew the good morning I was giving him.

Man the nerve of some people. He doesn't know the rules of the road and he gets mad at me? What a fkn clown.

When did peopel stop knowing the rules of the road? I would totally be for testing every few years if it meant getting thes dicks off the road. I mean when you get your license sure you're going to be cautious because you're not comfortable driving yet. I say you should take a road test 2 years after when you've had time to develop your bad road manners and have obviously forgotten the written rules of the exam.

The worse thing is that I'M the one stereotyped as a road menace because of what I drive, but these Minivan drivers can scream innocent victim and still drive like morons.

Sorry I know, a long read, but I'm so sick of other people's crap when it's us who look like the guilty ones merely because we decided to sink some money into what we drive.

I once passed through a spot check and the cop asked me if I had been drinking. I replied by saying "Not only would I not anyhow, but I've spent way to much money on this car to have it wrecked or taken away from me for being stupid. And the way it looks ceratinly draws a little more attention to it from you guys don't you think?
He said, "Good point, have a nice night"

Anyways, that's my rant, I can get on with my life now.

Kirbs17
01-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Not to much to say. That sucks though. Calgary drivers are terrible, at any time of the year. And just because hes older, he thinks hes a good driver and blames us. Im glad nothing happened to your car (nice ride btw).

88CRX
01-08-2005, 11:17 AM
i love it when they tailgate you through residental areas when your already going 40+ on pure ice after a snow storm.

i swear to god, next mini van that tailgates me im jumping out and tuning there ass

SilverBoost
01-08-2005, 11:22 AM
You know that out of teh 4 accidents I've seen in the past week where a car was off the road, ALL of them were minivans.

I had one pass me last night as well doing about a buck 20. I was driving about 65 and if I hit the gas the wheels would just start spinning. Funny thing about inertia is that it's all good in a straight line until you have to turn or stop. FOOLS.

I mean, if I appraoch a light and there's no one behind me, the last few feet I'll hit the brakes for a sec to test how slippery it actually is. I won't wait until my car is parked in the back seat of the car ahead of me.

:banghead:

blueripper6
01-08-2005, 01:45 PM
Do you drive the spec-V in the winter?

lam-boy
01-09-2005, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by blueripper6
Do you drive the spec-V in the winter?

no he doesn't he just said he spent alot of money on winter tires and steelies just for kicks.

blueripper6
01-09-2005, 11:59 AM
:nut: lol maybe it's for his winter car????

:cry:

streetarab
01-09-2005, 12:28 PM
i love those brakes tests, when no one is around of course, when there is no one around i am a completly driver, you know, i just have fun, i know if i fuck up its my own fault and at least no one else gets fucked and then i have to pay for their shit too, but im cautious when people are around. right now i have some shitty tires on my car and with it being rwd, if i hit the gas, the ass end walks all over the place, any direction but strait, and i have people passing me in the snow in their fuckin suv's doing double my speed on snow, pure snow. it really pisses me off. people think that snow is no different than wet pavement, fucken fucktards
well now i feel better

SilverBoost
01-09-2005, 01:19 PM
Yeah I had the winter tires from the first year I bought the car and it was modless :)

I never drove it last year, but since I moved out here I just didn't have time to get a new car and get this one put away correctly. Plus I only just now moved into a house with a garage. I don't really drive it much and it stays parks on the crap days, but when it's all frozen up and sunny, it won't hurt things to take it out. I keep it super clean, but I'm getting it painted in the spring anyhow, so a few rock chips aren't gonna bother me.

Now if some minivan rearends me... well we'll have a problem. Or at least one of us will.

Redlyne_mr2
01-09-2005, 01:48 PM
I think there should be a mandatory drivers test at 35. People just forget how to drive. I saw 2 minivans spun out along glenmore east heading towards chinook. How the hell do you spin out a FWD Van? One of them went up into 3 feet of snow on the side of the road. The otehr was just parked sideways in teh middle of the road for no reason. Both mid age women

5hift
01-09-2005, 04:13 PM
Yeah on the way to work today I was stuck behind a old lady in a mini van doing 20 kms a hour in the middle of two lanes in down town. I know downtown on 5th ave there is 4 or 5 lanes but this really slowed traffic down to the point where it looked like an accident was holding everything up.I really think we should have some sort of winter test for drivers as well as make elderly people take yearly driving tests.

eblend
01-12-2005, 12:41 AM
been there done that, been in cases where u honk at ppl cuz they forget to go at a green light...then u get besides them and they give u the evil stare! like wtf? or a granny going 50 in an 80 zone...as soon as i can i pass...and she shakes her wrist at me..wtf? ehh i am getting used to it, doesn't effect me anymore, its an everyday occurance now

Uncle ben
01-12-2005, 01:06 AM
Man I wish canada didnt have such strict gun laws. In the US you could have gotten out of your car and shot him in the face

ex1z7
01-13-2005, 12:57 PM
^ And then gone to jail for murder, smart one.

SilverBoost
01-13-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Uncle ben
Man I wish canada didnt have such strict gun laws. In the US you could have gotten out of your car and shot him in the face

as much as that's probably the stupidest suggestion I've heard ever, it made me laugh out loud when I read it, because of it's absolutely ridiculous nature. So thanks for that. :tongue: :rolleyes:

Uncle ben
01-13-2005, 08:07 PM
then my job here is done. Up up and awayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!

hampstor
01-13-2005, 11:43 PM
Minivans attack me in packs. When one stops tailgating me and passes me on mcknight between 36th and barlow, another will come up, tailgate me a bit, and pass me too!. It's not like im going slow, im going @ the limit in the middle lane.

One day after all this, they are going to box me in and then do a 'swoop and squat'

:thumbsup:

pressure_ratio
01-18-2005, 02:05 PM
Yeah it seems that they're either driving way to fast or way to slow,sorry to say it cause I'm sure a few ppl on here drive em but SUV's aern't much better.I can recall so many times where I've seen an suv spun out,rolled over or kissed a wall/pole.Guess that 4wd being invincible thing isn't so true :nut: