PDA

View Full Version : Eminem - The Funeral

nismodrifter
01-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Rap artist Eminem (Shady/Aftermath) has begun preliminary development on a new double disc album to be released late 2005. The double disc album entitled "The Funeral" will feature tracks from all of Eminem's personas including Slim Shady and Marshall Mathers. The album will also include 4 new songs titled "The Funeral - featuring Bizarre", "The Funeral - featuring Dr. Dre", "The Funeral - featuring Obie Trice" and a brand new Dre produced track "Where I'm Standing (In the Game)". The album will "put to rest" all three of Eminem's personas and supposedly clear the way for a new Eminem. "I feel I've reached the point of my career where I need a new 'fuel' to create tracks," Marshall Mathers is quoted as saying when asked about the new album. "So I'm putting all my old shit of the first half of my career on this album and getting ready for a fresh start on my next half." Why are three tracks named the same thing? "I'm not really on any of the tracks named 'The Funeral'. Those tracks just signify the death of each persona." The album will be divided into 3 sections each divided by one "The Funeral" track. Bizarre will rap about the Slim Shady persona, Dr. Dre will rap about the Marshall Mathers persona, and Obie Trice will rap about the Eminem persona. The last track of the album will be "Where I'm Standing" with a new "reborn" Eminem rapping over the beat.

um ok? :dunno:

/////AMG
01-08-2005, 03:58 PM
:rofl: :rofl: Dumbass, just an easy way to make money obviously.

PS. I think he's trying to be a 2Pac :confused: :dunno:

ex1z7
01-08-2005, 03:58 PM
So whats his new name ? Lol .. It sounds like he just wants more money without doing anymore shit.

88CRX
01-08-2005, 04:16 PM
cool..... more eminem music :thumbsup:

nismodrifter
01-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by ex1z7
It sounds like he just wants more money without doing anymore shit.

Exactly what I first thought when I read it

cidley69
01-08-2005, 04:19 PM
He said there will only be three new tracks, and he's not even the main dude for those three tracks.

/////AMG
01-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Yea just one song.

Originally posted by cidley69
He said there will only be three new tracks, and he's not even the main dude for those three tracks.

:werd: "I'm not really on any of the tracks named 'The Funeral'. Those tracks just signify the death of each persona." :rolleyes:

hockeybronx
01-08-2005, 04:30 PM
Hey I say all the power to him. He's moved mountains with his career already with his music and acting.

The way I see it, is that people who smoke usually like to have a cigarette after a meal, its kind of a thing where you sit back and relax and say "the meal is done".

I think that is what the album will be for me, it'll be one thing where I can remember the career of Eminem and the impact he's had on my life.

And I really don't think he gives a shit if anybody likes it or not. Two things will always remain:
1). He is a millionare
2). He will make money on this project.

Can't wait!:clap: :clap: :clap:

88CRX
01-08-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by /////AMG

Yea just one song.

:werd: "I'm not really on any of the tracks named 'The Funeral'. Those tracks just signify the death of each persona." :rolleyes:

but by the sound of it there will be more music coming after this wrap up album bs

hockeybronx
01-08-2005, 04:43 PM
but by the sound of it there will be more music coming after this wrap up album bs

Good call I didn't even notice that the first time... Read below \/

Originally posted by nismodrifter
I feel I've reached the point of my career where I need a new 'fuel' to create tracks," Marshall Mathers is quoted as saying when asked about the new album. "So I'm putting all my old shit of the first half of my career on this album and getting ready for a fresh start on my next half

Man I would be so pumped if Encore isn't his last album. I mean I was anticipating him on Dre's Detox album, and maybe one more D12 album, but if he put another one out for himself... I'd go through the roof!

88CRX
01-08-2005, 04:44 PM
ya thats what i meant

it totally sounds like more albums :thumbsup: :D

/////AMG
01-08-2005, 05:15 PM
Of course he'll put out more albums, what made you guys think he wouldn't?

88CRX
01-08-2005, 05:22 PM

um... "encore" hints at it through the whole album :dunno:

hockeybronx
01-08-2005, 05:28 PM

Umm the whole entire Encore album made me think that was the end of his career.

"Cause I don't ever wanna leave the game without, at least saying goodbye. So all my people on the left all my people on the right scream one last time"

Then again I might have fallen into the trap that I swore to never fall into where people are taking the things he says for shock value too seriously.

/////AMG
01-08-2005, 05:31 PM
lol sooooorry for not knowing why he hinted all that, not a big eminem well not even a eminem fan, some music is good though.

88CRX
01-08-2005, 05:38 PM
"bye byeeeeeye............. BANG!"

86max
01-09-2005, 01:35 AM

:werd: It's addictive once you get into it.

koopkoop2
01-09-2005, 02:44 AM
Why are peope saying it's an easy way for him to make money. If anything, it's creating a massive challenge for himself.

By killing off each persona, he will have to come up with an entirely new "persona" (rap style). This new persona will have to live up to massive pre-release hype and expectations or be doomed to being labeled as "Just like the old Eminem".

While I've never bought any of his albums or liked any of his songs, I think this is a very courageous move. There's not very many artists who would risk completely re-inventing themselves and the ones that do it are usually motivated by desperation for greater fame. Eminem is already top of the food chain and I think he recognized the fact that his style was becoming too predictable. Congrats to him, if he pulls it off.

hockeybronx
01-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by koopkoop2
By killing off each persona, he will have to come up with an entirely new "persona" (rap style)

The fact is that he has been creating new persona's with each new project he undertakes. Just read the lyrics to each various album including his D12, Obie Trice, and Dre projects.

The difference between him in The Eminem Show and Encore is astronomical, same with between Devils Night and D12 World.

I can guarantee no matter what he does he will make money off of it, that's just the image he has created for himself.

BumpinTalon
01-09-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

...that's just the image he has created for himself.

and that is why Eminem is so awesome. he is versatile, funny, and talented (as far as rappers go).

hockeybronx
01-12-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
and that is why Eminem is so awesome. he is versatile, funny, and talented (as far as rappers go).

Ha ha it's seems quite funny how the best rapper in the world is white and the best golfer in the world is black?

pile_0_crap
01-12-2005, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon

versatile, funny? he puts out the same garbage on every album. one sad attempt at a funny song, a little conterversy and some "real hip hop" (ex. theme from 8mile and mosh).

sin
01-12-2005, 05:32 PM
eminem is not the best rapper in the world, period.

hockeybronx
01-12-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by pile_0_crap

versatile, funny? he puts out the same garbage on every album. one sad attempt at a funny song, a little conterversy and some "real hip hop" (ex. theme from 8mile and mosh).

Actually if you would have taken the time to make an educated statement before you posted you would have realized how far you were from the truth.

He has four albums out now. There is no way you can tell me The Slim Shady LP is even remotely close to The Eminem Show, and The Eminem Show has very few if any parellels to Encore.

The content is constantly different, his style is constantly changing, and the general tones of each album don't resemble each other at all in my opinion.

Hell... his voice even sounds totally different over the years.

hockeybronx
01-12-2005, 11:56 PM
Hey Nismo/Nav/Big Mick...whatever you want to be called now.

What was your source on this article? I've tried to find more information but everything seems to lead to dead ends:confused:

/////AMG
01-13-2005, 07:31 AM
Search

http://www.mosdefinitely.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000954

hockeybronx
01-13-2005, 10:00 PM
Search

http://www.mosdefinitely.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000954

Okay thanks bro. I did a search like a week ago but couldn't really find anything. Now I have :thumbsup:

statick
01-14-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by pile_0_crap

maybe this new eminem will try a new formula...his best song is probably hellbound, but he never released it on an album, more songs with that style is what i mite wanna hear.

hockeybronx
01-14-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by statick

maybe this new eminem will try a new formula...his best song is probably hellbound, but he never released it on an album, more songs with that style is what i mite wanna hear.

Revelation (with D12) and The Real Slim Shady are probably my two favorite Eminem songs.