PDA

View Full Version : What made you stay after joining Beyond?

ex1z7
01-09-2005, 08:05 AM
I joined because it was a Canadian forum, and I stayed because of 3 people who gave me a great first impression :D

Your reasons?

/////AMG
01-09-2005, 08:46 AM
I stayed because it was local (back then), its a great site with a lot of info about almost all vehicles, and Ask Leo is priceless :rofl:

Oh and they actually ban people who deserve to be banned. :thumbsup: *cough*tegdream*cough* :tongue:

Beyond is a :bigpimp: forum!

habsfan
01-09-2005, 09:22 AM
i joined for the photoshop contest, but since then i dont photoshop anymore and just spend probably 80% of my time on the computer at Beyond. I'm addicted because theres alot of great and entertaining people and tons on interesting topics :thumbsup:

frozenrice
01-09-2005, 10:11 AM
Because it's a local Calgary site. The Marketplace is a good resource for selling/buying stuff. People are nicer and since it's local there's more things in common to post things about as oppposed to the American site that I origianlly signed up with.

streetarab
01-09-2005, 10:44 AM
the cars of course!:burnout:
the one thing i cant get enough of (except for titties), and the people here are not fucin douches, most atleast

Mad$ella
01-09-2005, 11:10 AM
Great buy/sell

Awsome people

kevie88
01-09-2005, 12:42 PM
1: Awesome buy/sell capabilities
2: Lots of local freaks like me. Good people!!

I was thinking the other night that in my general day to day life I really don't like most of the people I meet.. But I could meet pretty much any one from here out in public and have a good conversation with them. That's why I keep coming here!

JAYMEZ
01-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Its local and the best site we have here in Alberta or even Canada!

Ben
01-09-2005, 01:04 PM
rage2 put a gun to my head.

DJ Lazy
01-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Umm I stuck around when I started getting hooked on the Photoshop contests, but I soon lost interest in that and started lurking around.

Most of my posts are in Lounge Area, but I do lurk through the general car areas.

Great site OVERALL, Informative and Entertaining.
Great People for the Most part (guys like Ben. :D )
Amazing Buy/Sell area. Thanks to all who I have interacted with.:)

~Leah~
01-09-2005, 01:32 PM
I stayed so I could school Eric at all the Beyond Basketball meets :guns: :clap:

And cuz I've talked to and met lots of you guys and a few gals and you all seem like awesome people.... and the forum gets addicting. And it's local too, that's pretty sweet!

theken
01-09-2005, 01:33 PM
nothing better to do for 3 years

ex1z7
01-09-2005, 01:37 PM
hahahaha ^

Yeah Rage2 was one of the people who made me want to stay :D also Redlyne_MR2 and Keisuke !

:werd:

EK 2.0
01-09-2005, 01:42 PM
How come no one wanted to stay because of me??:(

I have stayed because of the really great and close friends I have made thru this forum...the great times, that the forum allows me to have...and the oppurtunity to e-thug...

I mean beyond has become a huge part of all our lives...and I see it everyday out and about...I remember one day walking thru the mall to get to work and I saw/heard these kids talking about a thread they posted on earlier in the day...

It's really cool if you sit down and look at things...how small a community Calgary really is...you never know who you might be sitting next to in class, on the bus, traffic lights, staging lanes, or the urinal next to you...they might be a beyond member...

GTS Jeff
01-09-2005, 01:45 PM
ive been trying to escape from here for a year!

Chim
01-09-2005, 01:51 PM
The breast bug :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Seriously though, I stayed because it's local and everybody here shares a similar interest to me (CARS!!) :burnout:

A_3
01-09-2005, 02:06 PM
The community aspect kept me around. I had no idea what I was getting into when I joined but ever since I spend way too much of my time on this blessed site. As mentioned many times before I am a beyondaholic. Oh and the amazing ownings also kept me around. :thumbsup:

turbo'dGSR
01-09-2005, 02:52 PM
beyond is a great way, and pretty much the only way, to get involved in and see what calgary's car scene is. and the car scene is pretty decent! also one of the best palces to buy/sell from members and sponsors. this place is addictive..... :D

hockeybronx
01-09-2005, 03:35 PM
I decided a couple years ago my lifestyle was much too productive and uncontroversial.

Joining Beyond has helped me both become more controversial and less productive:rolleyes:

Naw it's just a place I come to and think and learn about things I don't usually think about.

MenteL
01-09-2005, 04:07 PM
What made me stay? Back when I joined, everyone was really nice, there were no stupid noobies, assholes were far and few between. It was a forum I was comfortable with, and besides that BOL was a good friend at the time, so this was the place to chat his head off.

MenteL
01-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Damn. It's been like 2 years I've been a member here.

dave101
01-09-2005, 04:21 PM
i'd have to say bcz u can learn from everything and the entertaining people

/////AMG
01-09-2005, 04:36 PM
Hi,

I'm a Beyondaholic I get excited when I see Hollywood's posts. Don't judge me on this because the breastbug is set as my homepage.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Naa, can't stress this enough, really great site, same with people.

nismodrifter
01-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by /////AMG
Hi,
I'm a Beyondaholic I get excited when I see Hollywood's posts.

You like to read shitty posts????

I stayed on beyond because at the time I had no other site to go to so I could kill time while at school :D

AcuraTl
01-09-2005, 04:54 PM
i stayed because its a local forum, and the straightforwardness of the mods, coolest ones around for sure :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

illeagle
01-09-2005, 04:56 PM
i stayed cuz ABcars blows ass :D

kevie88
01-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
How come no one wanted to stay because of me??:(

See:

Originally posted by kevie88

:D

Skylinelover
01-09-2005, 05:18 PM
I stay becuase Ilike the people.

I also stayed because of Arif ;)

Fuji
01-09-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
1: Awesome buy/sell capabilities

I was thinking the other night that in my general day to day life I really don't like most of the people I meet.. But I could meet pretty much any one from here out in public and have a good conversation with them. That's why I keep coming here!

That's cuz you are too cool to come out to the track now :( ;)

hehe we'd like to see you out next year!

kevie88
01-09-2005, 07:24 PM
haha, I wanna come!! I should have the big-ass rad and oil cooler installed by next summer, so I should be able to do more than 5 laps in a row before overheating :D

Skyline_Addict
01-09-2005, 07:28 PM
the thing that attracted me most to this site was the fact that it was local...so it'd be potentially, much much more than just sitting behind a computer and being anonymous. as it turns out the "much much more" was pretty sweet, and the people are great here too. met alot of cool friends here.

sexualbanana
01-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
Joining Beyond has helped me both become more controversial

And boy did you succeed for a while. :clap:

Originally posted by illeagle

<Sigh> The good ol' days of all the drama.

futurecivic
01-09-2005, 08:14 PM
for the markeplace
and if you have a question there more than enough people to help you out in many different fields

Fluidic
01-09-2005, 08:31 PM
I just enjoy the website. It has everything. Happy people. Sad people. Annoying people. Angry people. Depressed people. Smart people. Dumb people. Average people.

Everything I don't experience if I were to walk to work everyday. :)

finboy
01-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
:werd: :rofl:

LUDELVR
01-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Women...I'm here for the WOMEN!!!!:poosie: ...........ummmm...wait a sec!:dunno: :dunno:

I guess it's Zephyr's av that keeps bringing me back! Speaking of which....what are you doing later? :dunno: :rofl: :rofl:

PGTze
01-09-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
Women...I'm here for the WOMEN!!!!:poosie: ...........ummmm...wait a sec!:dunno: :dunno:

I guess it's Zephyr's av that keeps bringing me back! Speaking of which....what are you doing later? :dunno: :rofl: :rofl:

haha:rofl: :rofl:

that right there is why I stayed

Barking_Spidre
01-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Because I knew nothing about cars, so I began to learn by reading, I liked the community, It was funny but serious when needed. The marketplace is awesome. And It's calgary based, and I live in airdrie, So if I found anything I wanted, It was close by.

cman
01-09-2005, 11:44 PM
local based. best place to buy and sell locally. you can find pretty much anything you want to know and if you dont find it you can ask and someone is bound to know, and willing to help you out. met a lot of cool people. good way to pass time.

civicrider
01-09-2005, 11:46 PM
i stayed for the amounts of info i could recive, also selling and buying shit on here is awsome. this site is addicting:D

ecstasy_civic
01-10-2005, 12:57 AM
I never realized how long its been since I signed up, I signed up thanks to SUPERESC:thumbsup:

at the time, I only knew about 403honda, he sent me over and i've been hooked for a long time.

it was ALOT smaller then lol

Rockski
01-10-2005, 01:04 AM
i started here looking for info for my car and a couple people said some things that kept me here and asking stupid shit

cyclone, nismo, ben and wildkard

and cavboi

Melinda
01-10-2005, 01:16 AM
I got introduced to the site by ninspeed a few years ago and I stuck around once I got more into cars and got to meet alot of people on here. Now, like everyone else who's posted, it's an addiction to me. Haha somewhere to socially interact while I'm working or bored. I've met alot of nice people, learned a ton of great information (haha and some not-so-great info as well *cough* breastbug *cough*)

Overall its a great community. I've gotten really involved with the show scene as well, all because the organizers have noticed me lurking and posting on here! I've even brought in some photog business from fellow members so it's been a great opprotunity as well as a time waster :)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: to rage, kenny and our admin team for keeping this place going for so long!! :)

7thgenvic
01-10-2005, 01:21 AM
i work at a gas station! what else should i do! hehe

Skyline_Addict
01-10-2005, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Melinda

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: to rage, kenny and our admin team for keeping this place going for so long!! :)

and moderators! :D

Melinda
01-10-2005, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

and moderators! :D
I consider all of you guys the admin team ;) You all work just as hard :thumbsup:

Chiggles
01-10-2005, 01:26 AM
Well, from my registration date, you can all tell that I'm pretty much a n00b still, but even before I registered I had been lurking around the forums for awhile. The first time I had clicked onto one of the threads here was because a buddy had sent me a link regarding an article that had been relavent to something at the time (can't remember what anymore), and after that I had been clicking away at the different sections to see what this site was all about. Shortly afterwards I realized a lot of you seem to be pretty cool and interesting individuals, not to mention pretty funny at times when you guys come up some sarcastic smart-ass comment that owns! lol So yeah, the simple fact that such a colorful and entertaining group of members are gathered here is what had drawn me to join in the first place.

Not too long after I joined, I had also coincidentally bought my first own ride after years of borrowing my dad's, then moving out and using the public limo, so I had plenty of car questions to ask/research about and there's a tonne of info and answers the community posts up around here that's been so helpful and appreciated. It's not just the car help too, the Lounge sections have been great to just chill and socialize with all of you cool ppl out there and it's great to make a contribution and share similar interests and/or experiences.

Special props to the Mods on these boards too for being as fair and cool as they seem to be. Judging from the browse-through it seems like the Mods here do a pretty good job of enforcing the rules and being fair about policies too. Keeping things real get my :thumbsup: as a good reason to stay.

Besides the people and the car help though, I'd have to say that single biggest reason why I'm staying with Beyond is for the fact that a lot of members here are from back home. Having moved out of Calgary and being stuck in Edmonton (zips up the flame suit tightly - bring it :guns: :tongue: :rofl: ) for the last 5 years or so, even though I hardly know any of you guys back home, talking with you on the board, sharing the familiarity of places and events, and being kept up to date with all the stuff back home that doesn't make the news.... it's all a great feeling to have to know that even though I'm not actually physically back home very often, at least when I'm chillling out around here on this forum, you guys make me feel like I'm AT home anyway, you know??? Anyway, enough of the gushy :drama:

83Y0ND I5 91M9!!! :bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp: :thumbsup:

Hope to be home for a visit in the spring.... maybe I'll get a pic with rollerpig!!! :rofl:

cityhunter2501
01-10-2005, 01:33 AM
great community (lots of network in here)
great marketplace
local forum about cars

Skyline_Addict
01-10-2005, 01:34 AM

I consider all of you guys the admin team ;) You all work just as hard :thumbsup:

yes ma'am!:bigpimp:

Moonracer
01-10-2005, 01:46 AM
I to joined at first because it was local and I would be in the know of all the automotive happenings in town. I stayed because of the people and the comedy....:rofl: It just keeps getting better with all of the diverse events being organized, not just car related. The marketplace is great too and you can't go wrong in ask leo, well maybe a little...hehe :barf:

EK 2.0
01-10-2005, 01:49 AM
*holding up award*

you...you like me...you really, really like me:clap:

Moonracer
01-10-2005, 01:58 AM
*holding up award*

you...you like me...you really, really like me:clap:

haha Ok Ipcus :rolleyes: somebody give cyclone some lovin already.

GTS Jeff
01-10-2005, 02:01 AM
*holding up award*

you...you like me...you really, really like me:clap: arif. i hate j00.

kenny
01-10-2005, 03:30 AM

The mods work much harder than the admins, trust me ;)

statick
01-10-2005, 07:37 AM
calgary based
access to lots of info about more than just cars
mostly nice people

BerserkerCatSplat
01-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Calgary based
Cool people
Nice cars.

but, honestly, the two main reasons:

Cavb0i
the Power Wheelchair Lady
:D

nismodrifter
01-10-2005, 07:27 PM
^power wheelchair lady pwnz j00000!!!! :D ahhaahah

good to see that thread influenced peoples lives in such a big way HAHA :D

Aleks
01-10-2005, 07:28 PM
The Beyond.ca hoodie deal

ZorroAMG
01-10-2005, 11:00 PM
I joined because Hakkola noticed I was from Calgary, over on MBWorld.org and I stayed because:

1- It's local, so the meets are do-able
2- It's informative, entertaining, lucrative and addicting
3- It's efficiently/professionally run (unlike BNSP***, huh Rage :D)
4- I have made GREAT friends here and great contacts for business/life
5- It prevents Stir-Craziness

Thank you Beyond.ca, for the last (almost)2 yrs!

max_boost
01-10-2005, 11:14 PM
Something about this forum being super addictive! Can't explain it really. Oh yah, the banning powers :D

Team_Mclaren
01-10-2005, 11:18 PM
Local
friendly
meet new people
learn more about everything

:thumbsup:

brandon
01-11-2005, 12:22 AM
Well along time ago I went to a beyond meet and zorro asked me to ask cyclone where I can buy some breastbugs. And I still haven't gotten that awnser yet so...

lol

JeremyD
01-11-2005, 02:53 PM
I really like:
-Local and there is the chance to meet people.
-The people are thoughtful and intelligent.
-There are some great discussions here.
-A ton of tech info to be found.
-Ask Leo is a riot.

hyperwhite
01-11-2005, 05:02 PM
i stayed because its the best time waster evar! the people here are really cool too, it just sucks being on the other side of the country

infamous
01-11-2005, 05:27 PM
lol i remember the bad days of ******.net, and i remember hearing about this site. the only thing that kept me here was that i was the FIRST one that was pwned in ask leo. i even remember when it was viewable by everyone. other than that, i have met a whole bunch of cool people (ben, mel, kenny, rage, ummm zephyr, leo, sexual banana, god i could go on all day) and it has been part of my daily routine. i don't say much at times, but i do read a lot, and it has taught me a lot of knowledge. plus i enjoy all the disgusting crap in ask leo!

a big thank you to everyone who has helped this site become what it is today! :thumbsup:

ex1z7
01-13-2005, 12:21 AM
Disgusting crap in Ask Leo? Yeah right :P Ask Leo is pimp!

QuasarCav
01-14-2005, 03:55 PM
Beyond made me realize that I couldn't call myself a "car enthusiast" with an automatic Cavalier.

abyss
01-14-2005, 04:14 PM
I got introduced by Hampstor. I stayed cause I fell into the addiction.....what else am I gonna do at work? :D Also I get to keep tabs on DonJuan and the "pink" 240. Hopefully I'll learn more about cars in the process too.....

Gondi Stylez
01-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Been a member for almost 2 1/2 years when there were no annoying n00bs and it was a great place to read, learn and interact with other people in Calgary. The buy/sell is second to none, most of the people are great, no matter what you post/read in, your bound to learning something new! Powerwheel chair lady was hialrious! *Ive fallen off my chair before reading/looking at the pics* Now, with the addition of the lounge the threads are much more diverese. Oh ya, cant forget about Ask Leo!!!!!

SteveMo600
01-14-2005, 08:02 PM
I stayed on beyond.ca cause I realized that it was a great place to learn more about pretty much everything (not just cars). It's a great site and I'm not going to lie to you...beyond.ca is an addiction. The people are very interested and are full of information that others are dying to know.

RSRT-4
01-16-2005, 04:51 PM
Not really sure haven't figured that out yet :dunno:

cycosis
01-16-2005, 09:41 PM
i leanred to photoshop through beyond.ca and i am forever greatful! thx nismo. i stay cause its a good site with good discussion topics, great marketplace feature, adn the old photoshop contests. i miss those.

nismodrifter
01-16-2005, 10:08 PM
man you guys make me feel bad about the pshop contests haha...dun worry they will FOR SURE be back in the summer when school is out :) I'm sure that most of you guys are busy with other things too (well I at least hope that is the case :D)

edit: I suggest you check out the pshop forum NOW!! :D
Kenny pulls through with the contest :thumbsup:

frostyda9
01-17-2005, 08:06 PM
-the marketplace is very good...we're lucky to have it
-it was great to be able to meet some local ppl who were also hopelessly G2 obsessed!
-diversity of threads and very eclectic categories...I've been on Beyond since '02 and just reached first gear, most of the time I'm lurking because theres just so much information on so many topics to browse through. Most Beyonders have a great sense of humor too...it makes reading through the posts entertaining :thumbsup: