PDA

View Full Version : Freaken lil pebbles flying everywhere!

Mikey_008
01-09-2005, 07:47 PM
Hate driving around the city...so many pebbles flying around and chippin my windshield! Got two rock chips in less than 20 minutes! ~*AHHHH~*
The front of my car looks like ASS...scared that it'll crack my head lights!!!:eek:

7thgenvic
01-09-2005, 07:50 PM
thats why you buy a winter beater and lauuuugh when stones hit your car!

the other thing is maybe your following too close!

Mikey_008
01-09-2005, 07:57 PM
Opps...i didn't realize this was the "Street Encounters" thread...I guess pebbles could be considered as a street encounter! haha

But yeah...watch i drive a beater, and no rocks would hit.....i swear, it only happens to good things!! haha

Chiggles
01-09-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic

:werd: In conditions like this, if I'm not ahead of the pack, I keep back at LEAST 3 car lengths for many reasons. To keep from being pebbled, to give myself longer breaking distances under icy road conditions, and to keep from sucking in exhaust from the car ahead of me. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like exhaust fumes in my car are more prevalent in the winter when I'm behind someone else's car than it is during the warmer seasons. :dunno:

TurboMedic
01-09-2005, 10:53 PM
I'm gonna need a repainted hood, I have dents and everything now.....sucks.....needed a new windshield already, I've found in the city driving farther back doesn't matter, cause everyone passes you and kicks up rocks anyhow...

JordanLotoski
01-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
thats why you buy a winter beater and lauuuugh when stones hit your car!

he drives a 99 integra..why buy a winter beater..that car is fine for the winter...

SilverBoost
01-10-2005, 12:16 AM
Yeah I try to keep back.... not just for my windshield but for my FMIC. Don't need a rock punching a hole in that thing. :(

Of course I love how if you keep a few car lengths back everyone thinks you're doing it to let them get in front of you. Just so they can jump in and then hit the brakes. I love that move. :guns:

vietdood
01-10-2005, 10:18 AM
lol go buy a winter beater mike, those rocks aren't just chipping your windshield, but they're chipping the hell out of your hood too. my winter beater got hit by some pretty bad rocks, there's a tiny hole in each of my front headlights

ninjak84
01-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by SilverBoost
Of course I love how if you keep a few car lengths back everyone thinks you're doing it to let them get in front of you. Just so they can jump in and then hit the brakes. I love that move. :guns:

Holy fuck, no kidding!

Even when you try to drive defensively in bad conditions, the retards just kick it up a notch.

BumpinTalon
01-10-2005, 01:58 PM
the cops cause some trouble too. this morning on Crowchild heading east, just past the Brentwood turnoff, they were all over the road, pulling over cars like mad and stopping people and shit. I had some idea the road might be slick, but I had no idea how slick it was exactly and I just about became apart of the accident myself (looked like a four or five car crash, with a couple cars on either side of the road, and the cops were waving even more poeple over).
I hate winter in general. and I have no winter beater, either. I just hope that my front end gets coated in ice cuz that makes a good shield against the rocks.

SilverBoost
01-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Yeah too bad the ice would scratch the crap out of it too. But not a bad idea in theory. Just hit it with the hose every night. Instant enviromentally safe, bio degradable front bra. :)

cujo_cjc
01-10-2005, 06:26 PM
when it happens it happens i guess
nothing really you can do about it...
but what i get annoyed by more...is when the idiot in front of me...is not even driving in the lane...and one side of his car is on the gravel and it keeps on shooting at me :whipped:

Shoebox//Racer
01-11-2005, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Chiggles

:werd: In conditions like this, if I'm not ahead of the pack, I keep back at LEAST 3 car lengths for many reasons. To keep from being pebbled, to give myself longer breaking distances under icy road conditions, and to keep from sucking in exhaust from the car ahead of me. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like exhaust fumes in my car are more prevalent in the winter when I'm behind someone else's car than it is during the warmer seasons. :dunno:

unfortunetly 3 cars back doesnt save you when a Larger truck or Semi or whatever changes lanes and cross that little area between the lanes where all the pebbles and snow are sittin....

the worst is when you see a big pebble before it hits ur car and all you can do is keep goin as it nails your windshield square on... :cry:

Xtrema
01-11-2005, 09:52 AM
This ain't LA dude, and we do have snow.

At least you can see your damage with pebbles. If we salt our roads like the east, you won't see any damages til a hole shows up under your foot.

If your teg is a show car, keep it locked in winter and drive a beater.

Chiggles
01-12-2005, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by TurboMedic
I'm gonna need a repainted hood, I have dents and everything now.....sucks.....needed a new windshield already, I've found in the city driving farther back doesn't matter, cause everyone passes you and kicks up rocks anyhow...

Originally posted by SilverBoost
Yeah I try to keep back.... not just for my windshield but for my FMIC. Don't need a rock punching a hole in that thing. :(

Originally posted by cujo_cjc
when it happens it happens i guess
nothing really you can do about it...
but what i get annoyed by more...is when the idiot in front of me...is not even driving in the lane...and one side of his car is on the gravel and it keeps on shooting at me :whipped:

Originally posted by Shoebox//Racer

unfortunetly 3 cars back doesnt save you when a Larger truck or Semi or whatever changes lanes and cross that little area between the lanes where all the pebbles and snow are sittin....

the worst is when you see a big pebble before it hits ur car and all you can do is keep goin as it nails your windshield square on... :cry:

:werd: I'm sure we can all mutually agree that no matter how defensive we all try to drive, there's going to be something stupid or irritating that will happen which comes with winter driving and that we all have to suck up during the season anyway. As was summarized by Ben in the other thread....

Well put by Ben
You dont leave enough room, you're "tailgating" You leave the proper amount, someone guaranteed will fill it. You leave a comfortable abount of room, someones 2 feet off your bumper.

Balls to winter everyone.... sweaty, hairy, balls. Bah! :guns:

calgary350z
01-14-2005, 12:43 PM
bring on the rocks my 94 sunbird beater is ready and willing

craigcd
01-18-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Mikey_008
Hate driving around the city...so many pebbles flying around and chippin my windshield! Got two rock chips in less than 20 minutes! ~*AHHHH~*
The front of my car looks like ASS...scared that it'll crack my head lights!!!:eek:

My winter beater had a new windshield, looks like a warzone now, im sure pick your part will have a great replacement come spring ;)