PDA

View Full Version : Intersection Camera Question

GorG
01-09-2005, 09:11 PM
I was on 53rd going into Edgemont, pass John Laurier and I was coming up to the intersection it turned yellow, I started to enter it and right before I was out of it turned red. Now I've been in a friends car when he's gotten caught by the camera passing that intersection (John Laurier east bound). The flash basically lite up the whole car. When I passed it I saw a flash on the side of me, but nothing really huge. Still I am assuming that I did get the flash just wondering if anyone has gotten this, and how much the ticket is that will come in the mail. Also is there any chance that I could fight it possible? Because of the roads?

illeagle
01-09-2005, 09:25 PM
It only flashes if you have entered the intersection on a RED. there are 2 sensors that take 2 pictures.. First pic is you entering the intersection (at the crosswalk) 2nd pic is you in the middle or under the street light showing you went through the intersection on a solid red....at least that's what channel 7 news says

no demerrits, why fight it? as for how much..i don't know. never got one

Speed_69
01-09-2005, 09:30 PM
isn't it a $500 fine for running a red light now?

pixil9
01-09-2005, 09:51 PM
my brother said its $287 or something

FiveFreshFish
01-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Yup, it's the same fine as a moving violation (i.e. when a cop pulls you over).

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=70789

TurboMedic
01-09-2005, 11:05 PM
Mine was 287....I had it explained to me when I went to see the pic....The sensor strip is right infront of the stop line, and it is only activated when the light is red, so you actually have to run the red (not the yellow and the red lights up just as you're underneath the lights) to get the picture....It takes 2 pictures at about 1/2 sec. apart, this is to show you actually travelling through the intersection (picture 1 looks like you'd be stopped, picture 2 you're almost through)...They do this because if you are stopped, and you creep up far enough, you can get the thing to go off (has happened to me twice)....of course, you wouldn't get a ticket because there would be 2 pictures of you stopped.....

GorG
01-09-2005, 11:22 PM
Interesting then maybe I didn’t get a flash because I entered when it was yellow; it was a late yellow though and was just about out of the intersection before it turned red..... I heard something about getting tickets for late yellows is that still a possibility

Akira911
01-10-2005, 06:45 PM
Take the ticket downtown and tell them:

A# There was an emergency vehicle behind you, and you had to get out of the way and felt that the safest course of action. (I do not know if there was one behind you or not, but it is a viable excuse...)

B# The roads were icy and again it was the safest course of action

I do not know if you need to worry though as the Camera is pointed at John Laurie traffic not the 53rd side.

Barking_Spidre
01-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Akira911
Take the ticket downtown and tell them:

A# There was an emergency vehicle behind you, and you had to get out of the way and felt that the safest course of action. (I do not know if there was one behind you or not, but it is a viable excuse...)

I don't think lieing is the best course of action to take. Cause there is always a possibility they can prove you wrong and fine you more.

Clever
01-10-2005, 07:33 PM
$287 Ticket, got mine reduced to $130, you can bs with them and dispute, you might get away with it, i just asked for a reduction that's what they gave me. good luck:)

GorG
01-10-2005, 08:07 PM
Thanks a million for the input:thumbsup: