PDA

View Full Version : i need to lose 56lbs in 6 months HELP!

wannabeswole
01-09-2005, 10:10 PM
Whats up guys man im a ex-lineman in highschool and i need to lose 50 to 60 lbs in 6 monthes i need tips with diet,lifting and nutrients plz help:confused:

Skylinelover
01-09-2005, 10:11 PM
Do a search.

Also cut back on beer, pop, junk food fast food.

JordanLotoski
01-09-2005, 10:13 PM
why so much weight so fast?...getting married or sumthing...high school ruinion?

wannabeswole
01-09-2005, 10:19 PM
dude i use to box before high school and i was real good im only 18 i wanna get back in it and my only shot is in 6 monthes

JordanLotoski
01-09-2005, 10:21 PM
cool. good luck....

Neil4Speed
01-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Liposuction?....

No but seriously, eat healthy and massive amounts of cardio

crxboi
01-09-2005, 10:39 PM
just toss it over here man lol. I've been tryin to gain weight for a year now. I tried everything so i give up. just cut it off and throw it over here lol

Super_Geo
01-09-2005, 11:03 PM
If you want to lose 56 pounds in 6 months, you have to be burning ~ 990 calories each and every day.

Not impossible, but definately won't be fun.

5abi
01-09-2005, 11:24 PM
wuts ur current weight? height? etc? body type?

SteveMo600
01-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Just do all of the obvious things...I'm pretty sure that's the advice that you're going to get from just about everybody.

Eat healthy and do a lot of excerice (cardio). Cut out all of the shit in your diet like fast food, beer and pop.

Good luck...:thumbsup:

smokedog
01-09-2005, 11:59 PM
green tea..increases metabolism

illeagle
01-10-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by smokedog
green tea..increases metabolism

really? what are the drawbacks? i hear it makes you sleepy/relaxed.

Tyler883
01-10-2005, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
If you want to lose 56 pounds in 6 months, you have to be burning ~ 990 calories each and every day.

Not impossible, but definately won't be fun.

That ussually works out to be about 1 hour session on an eliptical trainer, this will vary depending on your body weight and intesity of workout.

IMO, the eliptical is a good choice because it will work you harder than a bike( not always true), and it is lower impact than a treadmill.

At first, I really hated the eliptical and couldn't do a 20 minute session because I was trying to do it at the same pace that alot of women do ( higher rpm). Now that I've slowed my pace down, I'll change the resistance to achieve the level of intesity that I want. I find 40 minute to 90 minute sessions are quite comfortable.

Singel
01-10-2005, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by crxboi
just toss it over here man lol. I've been tryin to gain weight for a year now. I tried everything so i give up. just cut it off and throw it over here lol

If only it worked that way, I got a couple skinny friends that could use it, and I have an extra pound or 2 to lend them:thumbsup:

Originally posted by illeagle

really? what are the drawbacks? i hear it makes you sleepy/relaxed.

Are those supposed to be drawbacks :dunno:

Very good to make a specific goal, I'm gonna guess you're either 256 or 306;) Should be very possible, I've dropped around 25 pounds in about 2 months with trying to get to the gym about 4-5 times a week, a lot on elliptical at the start, and for the last month pretty much all weights (Hopefully I gained a pound or 2 of muscle and lost like 27-30 pounds of fat:thumbsup: ) Lifting is probly a really good idea for you if you want to get back to boxing (unless weight class is a problem). You may not lose 56 pounds, but you can probly lose close 56 pounds worth of fat but also get stronger. Since your already an athlete that should help too, you'll be able to train longer and harder than most people who are just fat.

Now I've taken a little over 2 weeks off, 1 of which was spent at an all inclusive resort where I consumed excess amounts of free food and alcohol. I figured I'd gain like 5 pounds, but when I got home I'd lost 5, so I guess if you get your metabolism going a glitch in your diet doesn't hurt too much, but I definately need to get back to the gym.

I ate healthier overall, cutting out most crap (but still some occasional junk), but I think the big thing is to drink more water. And cut out pop if you drink a lot of it, for me just changing from a lot of juice to a lot of water seemed to make all the difference.

And don't get discouraged if it ain't an easy go at first...besides, Butterball was pretty successful:D

pinoyhero
01-10-2005, 06:45 AM
This is be an extremely difficult task (especially if you don't plan on loosing a ton of strength), but here are some rules to live by (ofcourse some are repeats)...

1. 1 hour of cardio per day
2. Reduce caloric intake
3. Drink 2 green teas per day
4. Drink 8 cups of water per day minimum
5. Minimize your sugar intake
6. Eat only lean meats
7. Modify your starch to fruits and vegetalbes ratio to minimize carbs (very few starch products and heavier fruits and vegetables)
8. Do not consume any alcohol
9. Get and adequate amount of regular sleep (minimum 7 hours)
10. When traning with weights, if you have time after the hour of cardio concentrate on fat burning/reducing exercises as opposed to heavy weight/lowrep muscle building

Skyline_Addict
01-10-2005, 08:24 AM
drink green tea and eat japanese food for diet. :thumbsup:

rage2
01-10-2005, 08:41 AM
I lost 35lbs in 3 months, and still going! I learned my dieting tips from a Man Show skit.

The diet plan is called "Don't eat so much!". It actually works very well haha. I basically eat until I'm 70% full instead of stuffed and ready to puke. Cut down on the munchies (unless umm required in certain situations haha). Next thing you know I'm dropping 10lbs a month. That's the only thing I changed, the amount I ate. I'm still eating foods that some call unhealthy. Pizza, chips, everything.

Went from 210 down to 175 currently. Working on a 165lb target. Should help my autox and drag racing performance this year! :rofl:

Ariakas
01-10-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by rage2

The diet plan is called "Don't eat so much!".

Very vaild point :thumbsup: I use to stuff myself every meal, lots of rice, meat, etc. Back than with my Asian metabolism and workouts, I wasn't packing on the weight. Now that I'm older, the body is just not the same with these calories :D thus I eat less. I call it the comfort level, although it's tough when it comes to those 10 course Chinese dinner...

izzoblitzo
01-10-2005, 11:02 AM
Subway!!

/////AMG
01-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Shit that's so true, I always eat until I'm stuffed and oh do those Cadbury chocolates help..

mmmm Cadbury

*pops open his massive tin of Nestle Quality Street

then goes over to the box of Cadbury Heros! *:drool:

wannabeswole
01-10-2005, 04:45 PM
i'm 6'4 260lbs i have a lot of muscle about the 50 i wanna lose is mostly fat:drama:

calgarygts
01-10-2005, 05:12 PM
A good but painful way to do it is to run with a track club in town. Run with the middle distance group or if that's too intense the sprinters. Let the coach know why you're doing it and they would probably be happy to have you there. That will cut all the fat off your body, but maybe it will interfere with your boxing?

SteveMo600
01-10-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by wannabeswole
i'm 6'4 260lbs i have a lot of muscle about the 50 i wanna lose is mostly fat:drama:

If you're already built but want to lose all the fat then you have to do cardio cardio cardio. Do as much exercise as you can...whether it's running, jogging, a specific sport etc. Swimming is also one of the best...if not the best exercise you can do.

Weapon_R
01-10-2005, 07:45 PM
It's 10 lbs a month...what's the big deal?

r7
01-10-2005, 09:26 PM
u will be losing muscle aswell

hockeybronx
01-12-2005, 04:59 PM
Drink 5 litres of water per day, every single day for the next six months.

I GUARANTEE IT you will lose fat! If you want me to back that guarantee up PM me and we'll talk further.

People don't believe it, but ask any fitness guru, water is one of the top three keys to fitness.

DonJuan
01-12-2005, 05:34 PM
Hockeybronx is right (savour the day) WATER is the key, constantly drinking water, not only keeps your stomach full, but also keeps you from eating alot when you do eat. Avoid sugars (pop esp) and cut out most of the snacks.

EnRich
01-12-2005, 05:47 PM
Dont listen to most of these guys... its like the blind leading the blind when it comes to topics like this on beyond... No offence... But I'm willing to bet most of these guys have never even seriously been to a gym... Anyway, if you wanna cut down, go out right now and pick up the book called BODY FOR LIFE... Read it, it'll take you about 2 maybe 4 days to read the whole thing... Its like 200 some pages, and it tells you absolutly everything about eating right, the exact amount of exercise, including how to do it and what to do... The book is specifically designed to CUT ppl up dramatically... Its a 3 month program, and IT WORKS!!! Its worth the read, one of the best work out books I have ever read... It an inspirational read... The greatest thing bout this book however is that the workouts only take you 25 - 53 mins a day 6 days a week... It'll tell you how in the book... Good luck bro... I lost 34 lbs in 1/half to 2 months cause of it... I dont practise it anymore though... Honestly the workouts make me sick, get rdy to work your ass off during the routine... I've seen results in friends to, and their unreal...

Rich

My personal tips for you...
1. READ THIS BOOK
2. First thing you should do in the morning, a) take a piss b) drink a full glass of water on empty stomach
3. Eat a BIG breakfest
4. Eat 5 - 6 meals a day...
5. Try to eat a salad with every meal, at least twice a day...
6. Don't listen to ppl telling you to cut this and cut that (esp carbs)... It wont work... Fist sized proportions with every meal... One for carbs, one for protein, and a 3rd is in the book, I dont remember...

GOOD LUCK BRO

ehos
01-12-2005, 06:45 PM
Drink 5-6 glasses of water before a meal. (80% of people can't tell their hunger 'pang' from their thirst one).

You WILL lose weight if you do this.

Tyler883
01-13-2005, 01:52 PM
There's are several main steps to any program or routine that comes from a book like "Body for life"

You must:
1) Read it
2) Know it and understand it
3) implement it

Personally, I've never had problems with steps 1 and 2, but step 3 has been responsible for all my problems.

In my opinion, "implementation" is the key to long term success.

And, until I learn how to implement a new diet or exercise routine, the best written diet/exercise book in the world won't help me.

On the other hand, if I learn how to implement, then it should be easy to change for a good diet, to a better diet, to an even better diet....and so on, and so on.

So what is my approach these days?

1) I am still eating better and exercise like I've always been taught

2) PLUS, I'm learning better ways to implement change, ie general strategies that work for me, if not others.

For example, I make my own frozen meals so I have something easy to pack for my lunch pail. They are properly balanced, so even when I don't have time for fresh food, at least I'm not running to McDonalds.

Another advantage, if someone shows me a better diet, these frozen creations can easily be changed to match the new diet. That is why I think the frozen meal idea relates to "implementation" of diet, rather than the knowledge aspect of healthy eating.

Anyway, here's my 2 cents worth. If anyone has more ideas for me, I would like to hear about them.

Thanks
Tyler

gggunit
01-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Just do the ECA STACK.. Ephedra, Caffiene, and Asprin..

Carfanman
01-13-2005, 03:33 PM
Join an hour long martial arts class. Its a great way to get some cardio and gain confidence.

fast95pony
01-13-2005, 04:00 PM
I've managed to loose 48lbs since July . I just started eating better ,cut out the junk food,and go for 6 km walks 4-5 times a week and light workouts. I put on 6lbs over the holidays :cry: , but I'm back on the wagon again. I'm trying to loose 100+ lbs by next July (from 311lbs to 200 lbs ) .

It just takes a little willpower...

Good luck !

Alan

gggunit
01-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by fast95pony
I've managed to loose 48lbs since July . I just started eating better ,cut out the junk food,and go for 6 km walks 4-5 times a week and light workouts. I put on 6lbs over the holidays :cry: , but I'm back on the wagon again. I'm trying to loose 100+ lbs by next July (from 311lbs to 200 lbs ) .

It just takes a little willpower...

Good luck !

Alan

Congrats dude.. my dad lost 32 pounds by eating properly and walking everyday.. being over wieght is a cause of lot of illness's.
keep it up:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

fast95pony
01-13-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by gggunit

Congrats dude.. my dad lost 32 pounds by eating properly and walking everyday.. being over wieght is a cause of lot of illness's.
keep it up:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks ! :thumbsup: