PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Installations

Speed_69
01-10-2005, 01:12 AM
where's a good place to buy alpine type-s speakers and good place to get them installed?

i got my alpine deck installed at the 32nd ave Visions and i was thinking about going to them again. They said it would be $49 to install a pair.

A790
01-10-2005, 01:24 AM
Visions or Sounsaround would be your best bet.

pyro
01-10-2005, 11:43 AM
i got myn at soundsarround for $150 i think there lower now, i would install them youself its very easy and u save $50

Speed_69
01-10-2005, 12:24 PM
arnt' they just like plug n play? because that's how my stock ones are i think

camero
01-10-2005, 12:28 PM
Why dont you just do it yourself?

Chinese_Legend
01-10-2005, 12:30 PM
yah doing them yourself is pretty easy...saves all the money for installation

nubian
01-12-2005, 12:08 PM
dont know what size you need but a friend of mine bought a pair of 6.5 type s, he never installed them.. id have to ask how much he wants for them

BumpinTalon
01-12-2005, 12:15 PM
If you do want to do it yourself:
all you have to do, is probably take off the interior part of your door skin if that's where the speakers are mounted. assuming its like it is on my car, there should be four screws holding the panel on, look carefully. once you take all those screws off, check and make sure there are no screws behind the door handle or in the armrest, if there is one. take those out too and the door should pull off. start at the bottom and just pry it off with your fingers. if it doesn't come easily, there are screws left. it shouldn't take too much force for all the clips to pull out of the door.
then the speaker should be right there. the grille probably came away with the door and you should be able to just unbolt the speaker now. the wires are probably soldered to the speaker terminal, cut them off, and strip them a bit just using scissors or something, try to get a bout 1" of copper showing. then pull the wires out some more to get some slack, put them into the Type S speaker terminals, wind them around and secure the terminal. the positive wire (I believe its the positive one, anyway) should have a white stripe on it and obviously the other wire is the negative. bolt the speaker back in using as many bolts as you can to prevent distortion, put your door back together, and voila.
coaxial speakers like a Type S are easy to put in. it will probably only take you an hour or two. if they are like other Alpine products, they should probably have a good instruction manual that explains how to put them in as well.