PDA

View Full Version : Which game is better?

SoSlowDx
12-13-2002, 06:47 PM
Hey I was wondering between EA Sports NBA Live 2003 and NBA 2K3, which one is the better game?

bosa
12-13-2002, 07:08 PM
i've played NBA Live 2003,i liked it,real good graphics. not sure about NBA 2K3...i would think it's pretty good. i saw the graphics on the back of NBA 2K3 at blockbuster,they looked pretty decent.
maybe rent both and find out for yourself? but i would reccomend NBA Live 2003.

mrmattyk
12-13-2002, 07:24 PM
I only played 2k3, and I liked it. Rent both, only you will know what you like better.

GP_DrIvEr
12-13-2002, 07:27 PM
i havent played 2k3 but i have played nba 2003, nba 2002 is way better than 2k2, and in all my experience with all sports games, football, basketball, hockey, the EA Sports game are Always better!! Sega sports just doenst have it yet, close but not good enough :)

[GaGe]
12-13-2002, 07:34 PM
NBA Street is the best.. :thumbsup:

bosa
12-13-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by [GaGe]
NBA Street is the best.. :thumbsup:

yes.that is an awesome game.

Dope Dealer
12-13-2002, 08:26 PM
EA Sports has been lacking in game quality the past few years and Sega is taking advantage of this. I have not played eithier, but no doubt they will both be very well done. Personally, I would like to try NBA 2K3 because I hear great things about Sega Sports all the time, and have yet to play a game by them.

bosa
12-13-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer
EA Sports has been lacking in game quality the past few years and Sega is taking advantage of this. I have not played eithier, but no doubt they will both be very well done. Personally, I would like to try NBA 2K3 because I hear great things about Sega Sports all the time, and have yet to play a game by them.

i disagree.. in my opinion,ea sports has been making better quality games in the past few years. i have played sega games,not a fan,dreamcast did have some nice graphic games,but most games were gay and i didn't like. i played nfl 2k2 or something like that,it was the shits. :thumbsdow but in result to this,this is why they havn't made very many games in the past few years.

Dope Dealer
12-13-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by civicLVR

i disagree.. in my opinion,ea sports has been making better quality games in the past few years. i have played sega games,not a fan,dreamcast did have some nice graphic games,but most games were gay and i didn't like. i played nfl 2k2 or something like that,it was the shits. :thumbsdow but in result to this,this is why they havn't made very many games in the past few years.

Sega Sports is KILLING EA Sports in the Simulation department. EA Sports may have prettier graphics, but Sega Sports is LIGHT YEARS ahead of EA Sports in AI and programming. Sega just needs to be on par with graphics, and EA Sports is history. EA Sports has always been known to release half assed games which were only a minor update to the previous year. They only revamp a game every 3 or 4 years, which is not really impressive.

bosa
12-13-2002, 08:46 PM

Sega Sports is KILLING EA Sports in the Simulation department. EA Sports may have prettier graphics, but Sega Sports is LIGHT YEARS ahead of EA Sports in AI and programming. Sega just needs to be on par with graphics, and EA Sports is history. EA Sports has always been known to release half assed games which were only a minor update to the previous year. They only revamp a game every 3 or 4 years, which is not really impressive.

i still disagree. sega hasn't released any games recently,when ea sports has been releasing a ton of high quality games bro. ea sports isn't releasing half assed games to the market. ea sports is KILLING sega in the sport video games,absolutely KILLING them. NBA Live 2003,NHL 2K3,NBA 2K3,Madden NFL 2003 etc.Madden,the quality is amazing,real great to play,and the players freaking "blink",great graphics. i think ea sports is the best for sports on the market right now.

bosa
12-13-2002, 08:53 PM
SoSlowDx: top ten ps2 games at the moment at playstation.com

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
NBA Live 2003
Kingdom Hearts
Madden NFL 2003
Hitman 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
The Lord of the Rings™ The Two Towers™
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2
Tekken 4
NBA 2K3

Dope Dealer
12-13-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by civicLVR

i still disagree. sega hasn't released any games recently,when ea sports has been releasing a ton of high quality games bro. ea sports isn't releasing half assed games to the market. ea sports is KILLING sega in the sport video games,absolutely KILLING them. NBA Live 2003,NHL 2K3,NBA 2K3,Madden NFL 2003 etc.Madden,the quality is amazing,real great to play,and the players freaking "blink",great graphics. i think ea sports is the best for sports on the market right now.

Those are both Sega Games. :nut:

EA Sports is the best name on the market right now, but if they don't smarten up and actually release games that are worth the 80+ dollars each year, then they will flop and Sega will take over the market. However Sega Sports is catching up, and they have better physics engine on all their games. EA Sports makes game's that are "fun" to the consumer, while Sega strives to reach the "simulation" fans. If you want Simulation, go Sega. If you want fun/simulation, EA Sports is the way to go. EA Sports may be winning in sales, but true gamers of simulation know that Sega is way ahead of EA Sports, but the 'casual gamer' just hasn't taken notice yet. They will catch on eventually after they notice EA Sports releasing games that are more like updates than a new version.

Microsoft is making some pretty sweet sports games now too. Anyone remember NBA Inside Drive? That game had TONS of potential. Now they have NFL Fever and they are starting development on a hockey title also. Microsoft is a powerhouse and they will be a very big factor in the sports gaming scene within the next few years. Unfortunately none of these games will likely see the light of day on the PC, only the Xbox. That's why EA Sports and Sega are doing so well, they are all multi-platform.

Dope Dealer
12-13-2002, 09:15 PM
BTW, I don't see why you said Sega Sports hasn't released anything lately....

Let's see.... NHL 2K3, NBA 2K3, NCAA Basketball 2K3, NFL 2K3, , NCAA College Football 2K3, World Series Baseball, Sega Sports Tennis, Sega Soccer Slam, Beach Spikers, Sega GT 2002, Ferrari F355 Challenge etc. etc.

Of course the big titles being World Series Baseball, NFL 2K3, NBA 2K3, NHL 2K3, NCAA Basketball 2K3 and NCAA College Football 2K3.

Some of those I listed are arcadey, so they aren't really classified as a Sega Sports Title (Soccer Slam and Beach Spikers). I just threw in those racing games b/c they are somewhat sports oriented. :thumbsup:

bosa
12-13-2002, 09:19 PM
BTW, I don't see why you said Sega Sports hasn't released anything lately....

Let's see.... NHL 2K3, NBA 2K3, NCAA Basketball 2K3, NFL 2K3, Sega Sports Tennis, NCAA College Football 2K3, Sega Soccer Slam, Beach Spikers, Sega GT 2002, Ferrari F355 Challenge etc. etc.

Of course the big titles being NFL 2K3, NBA 2K3, NHL 2K3, NCAA Basketball 2K3 and NCAA College Football 2K3.

i didn't know that most of those games were sega. :nut: those are all sega? :banghead: god damnit. :guns:

Dope Dealer
12-13-2002, 09:24 PM
Check that post again. I edited it after you quoted me.

EA Sports has tons of more variation in sports games. Afterall they have the NASCAR license and also have Tiger Woods in their aresenal.

I would like to see Sega come up with a realistic Golfing, Soccer and possibly a boxing game. EA Sports needs some good competition in all area's and not just the big sports.

One good thing about EA Sports is that they release all their games on the three big consoles (Xbox, PS2 and GameCube) and the PC, whereas Sega is sticking solely to consoles.

SoSlowDx
12-13-2002, 09:52 PM
Thanks guys yeah I'll probably try both.

Zephyr
12-13-2002, 10:27 PM
2k3 i have both and 2k3 is better, trust me

CRXguy
12-13-2002, 10:41 PM
I'm leaning towards 2K3, cuz 2K1 was awesome on Dreamcast.

bosa
12-13-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
2k3 i have both and 2k3 is better, trust me

could you tell us what the graphics are like on 2k3,towards nba live 2003?

a) way better
b) similar
c) suck shaq's mom

and why in your opinion you think its better...