PDA

View Full Version : getting a passport

civicrider
01-10-2005, 07:11 PM
can anyone tell me what and where i need to go in order to get my passport made? also how long do i have to wait until i get my passport?

nismodrifter
01-10-2005, 07:21 PM
http://www.ppt.gc.ca/

http://www.ppt.gc.ca/passports/how_obtain_e.asp

3G
01-10-2005, 08:53 PM
get an application from Harry hayes Building i believe

redblack
01-10-2005, 09:00 PM
you can also get a application at any post office

FiveFreshFish
01-10-2005, 09:29 PM
A few years ago, my passport took about a week after I submitted the application at the Harry Hayes Building. Not sure how long it is now but I doubt you'd have to wait more than two weeks total.

nismodrifter
01-10-2005, 09:30 PM
also there is a new passport office down on macleod trail near Fish Creek Nissan, good if you're living down south

GTS Jeff
01-10-2005, 10:18 PM
yo just send me a pm, ill hook u up. make sure u include a current photo, name, address, age, etc..

civicrider
01-10-2005, 10:29 PM
^
are you serious? arnt you in edmonton

rinny
01-10-2005, 11:31 PM
dont listen to him...theres a loooot more to getting a passport than that...you have to get letters from professionals that you've known 2 or 3 years, references that arent family taht you've known a few years etc

i got mine all done at that new branch in fish creek...go in on a weekday early morning and there will be fewer ppl, if you hand it in straight to an office you'll get it back in about a week, send it through mail it'll take a couple months, 3+

GTS Jeff
01-10-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by civicrider
^
are you serious? arnt you in edmonton yea. u can also pm me for all your drivers license needs too.

FiveFreshFish
01-10-2005, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by rinny
you have to get letters from professionals that you've known 2 or 3 years, references that arent family taht you've known a few years etc
The guarantor has to have personally known you for 2 years. It's also just a few blanks to fill in on your application and signing the back of one of your photos; a letter is not required.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
yea. u can also pm me for all your drivers license needs too.
You forgot credit card info. ;)

2.2vtec
01-10-2005, 11:51 PM
do you need a passport to fly to montreal??

Weapon_R
01-10-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec

You don't need a passport if you aren't leaving Canada

fast95pony
01-12-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec

Yes.

And you must know how to eat poutine .

TomTom
01-12-2005, 04:30 PM
why are you comming the buncha SB guys to Cancun?

do you need a birthcertificate? i had mine stolen and i sent away forgot the grantor section cause i dont know one and they sent it back, nowi need a passport for mexico , i have a licence,canadian firearms licence and a SIN will that work?

EK 2.0
01-12-2005, 04:53 PM
yo just send me a pm, ill hook u up. make sure u include a current photo, name, address, age, etc..

yea. u can also pm me for all your drivers license needs too.

I can vouch for the serivces of Jeff...

he was professional, curteous and speedy. I had my stuff faxed to him, and three days later had a passport, AB D.L., S.I.N., and my new identity of Sukhdeep Swallawala...he was fundta...err...I mean fantastic...

nismodrifter
01-12-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

and my new identity of Sukhdeep Swallawala...he was fundta...err...I mean fantastic...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

GTS Jeff
01-12-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

I can vouch for the serivces of Jeff...

he was professional, curteous and speedy. I had my stuff faxed to him, and three days later had a passport, AB D.L., S.I.N., and my new identity of Sukhdeep Swallawala...he was fundta...err...I mean fantastic... Hey Sukhdeep, I'm glad you are satisfied with your IDs. I now also supply plane tickets for wherever your Swallawala duties take you.

civicrider
01-12-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by TomTom
why are you comming the buncha SB guys to Cancun?

do you need a birthcertificate? i had mine stolen and i sent away forgot the grantor section cause i dont know one and they sent it back, nowi need a passport for mexico , i have a licence,canadian firearms licence and a SIN will that work?

yeah i needed my birth certificate, if you goto the harry hays building you get your passport alot faster. i put mine in today and i get it on january 26th. for the grantor i just used my doctor, thats what you should do tom, or your dentist or something. i dont think im going to cancun, im getting this one for austrailia:thumbsup:

TomTom
01-12-2005, 09:31 PM
ya i think the ontario birth cert takes the longest, i know i can pay 70$ and have the passport overnight if i need too, didnt Mac just leave today for there?