PDA

View Full Version : U of C Basketball Intramurals

MM99lude
01-11-2005, 03:14 AM
Hey guys, i know beyond entered a hockey team into the U of C intramural league so i was just seeing if there was any interest in starting the same sort of deal for Basketball.

We would be entering into the Competative A league, which requires all players to be of either High School or University calibur.

We would put a team of 12 people together, so the cost would be around $21 a person.

For that you get 8 regular season games, plus playoff's.

Post if there is any interest

GingeRRRBeef
01-11-2005, 12:10 PM
I say count me in but I know we'd get our sweet behind handed to us in League A.

Unless you've got a team of big men, you're ain't likely to do squat in that league.

~Leah~
01-11-2005, 01:12 PM
The best men's A teams are really good... but honestly, I think you guys could contend in the top 4.

Men's B is so scrappy.... trust me, I would know... I had to break up a fight during one of those games and got hit 3 times myself. They're all wannabe basketball players who think they should be in the NBA or something.

I recommend going A.... cuz then I'll ref you and it'll be a big fun Beyond meet every week!! YAY!! Oh wait... I'm playing on 2 teams this semester... hmmm... that AND reffing. This should be fun!

bigboom
01-11-2005, 04:26 PM
what days are we looking at?

MM99lude
01-11-2005, 04:44 PM
I entered a team into Comp A last semester and we finished top 4 and our tallest player was about 6'4. I would say we definatly go into A, because as leah said B really does have some poor ball.

As far as what days we play, i am pretty sure you play monday's and wednesday's. I think there are enough good ballers on this site to make a pretty good team.

And remeber you DONT have to attened the University to play on the team.

sexualbanana
01-11-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
... I'm playing on 2 teams this semester... hmmm... that AND reffing. This should be fun!

You can play on more than one team? shit, I might be in than.

GingeRRRBeef
01-11-2005, 11:45 PM
Just tell me when to show up :D

MM99lude
01-12-2005, 01:38 AM
well if we cant get a team of 12 together we could all enter as individuals and play together on an "unofficial" beyond team:dunno:

GingeRRRBeef
01-12-2005, 10:32 AM
A team of 12??? Damn!!! There'll be no playing time.

I think a team of 8, 9 max.

MM99lude
01-12-2005, 01:36 PM
our team last semester had 11 players and we never got more then 8 guys out to a game on a given night. So thats what i figured would happen again.

Well so far by the looks of it we only have about 3, maybe 4 if sexualbanana plays.

we need at least another 4 people

GingeRRRBeef
01-12-2005, 04:54 PM
Well I know 2 guys that'll play

MM99lude
01-12-2005, 06:07 PM
alright well lets start a list

1)MM99lude
2)Silver_SpecV
3)Big Boom
4)Silver's friend 1
5)Silver's friend 2
6)MM99lude's friend 1
7)Sexual Banana
8)
9)
10)

A_3
01-12-2005, 06:55 PM
If you guys need one more to fill in the roster you can count me in, see if anything else turns up first though because I don't think i'm quite good enough to play in the "A" league.

Singel
01-12-2005, 07:15 PM
I'm already on 1 team, but once we see the schedule and stuff I could come out for a few games

sexualbanana
01-13-2005, 12:38 AM
Yeah, just throw my name down too. Not quite sure which games I can play, but I'll do my best

GingeRRRBeef
01-17-2005, 08:14 PM
Soooooo what's going on with this thang?

MM99lude
01-17-2005, 08:33 PM
i think we started this thread a bit to late, i believe registration has already passed:(

Singel
01-19-2005, 03:49 PM
Anyobyd know when the new schedules will be up for this semester?

Sorath
01-19-2005, 05:49 PM
im in!

MM99lude
01-19-2005, 08:22 PM
schedules should be up.

and Sorath, we missed the dead line. Maybe next fall.

Singel
01-19-2005, 09:36 PM
i dont see it up, am i looking in the wrong place maybe, all I see is last semesters schedule...lI think there were even supposed to be games tonite? anybody got a link

MM99lude
01-19-2005, 10:15 PM
You ask, and you shall receive

http://www.esportsdesk.com/leagues/schedules.cfm?leagueID=4414&clientID=132

Singel
01-19-2005, 10:32 PM
sweet thanks, i was looking in the wrong place. Damn, don't play as often as I thought. Set up my sked. to be kinda late at the uni on MW too:thumbsdow

MM99lude
01-19-2005, 10:38 PM
^^ I'll play in the games you cant make:D

Sorath
01-19-2005, 11:55 PM
awwwww :(

TheXplosion
01-20-2005, 12:15 AM
Hey Leah did you ref any of todays games cause i swear this one ref looks like you in that pic and she was sick are you sick.:confused:

Thx

Singel
01-20-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by MM99lude
^^ I'll play in the games you cant make:D

I can make all my games, but I thought they'd be at ike 6:30 or 7:30, except mine are all 9:30 so far. Guess I'll have to spend a few hours at the Den "Pre Game". We'll PM you if we're ever short guys, but we really just need another girl or 2

~Leah~
01-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by TheXplosion
Hey Leah did you ref any of todays games cause i swear this one ref looks like you in that pic and she was sick are you sick.:confused:

Thx

WHY YES!!! I WAS sick that night... lol... absolutely NO voice at all! What team were you on? Was I a bitch? I know I've made a few enemies this semester already :) hehehehehe

Originally posted by Singel

I can make all my games, but I thought they'd be at ike 6:30 or 7:30, except mine are all 9:30 so far. Guess I'll have to spend a few hours at the Den "Pre Game". We'll PM you if we're ever short guys, but we really just need another girl or 2

Lemme know if you need a girl, PM me the time and court you play on, I'll be there anyways, and as long as it isn't a Monday night, I'll be able to help ya out!!

Everyone, I play at 6:30 and 9:30 On Wed Jan 26 (tomorrow) SO COME WATCH!!! hehe

sexualbanana
01-25-2005, 11:44 PM
I have a game tomorrow at 8:30. I won't be there though because I have practice at that time.

The rest of my games are on Mondays though. Leah, do you ref on Mondays? Or do you have other things to do on Mondays?

TheXplosion
01-25-2005, 11:45 PM

WHY YES!!! I WAS sick that night... lol... absolutely NO voice at all! What team were you on? Was I a bitch? I know I've made a few enemies this semester already :) hehehehehe

it was the last game you ref that night i knew it was you i was with my friends at the end of the night that where kept saying bye to you :thumbsup: (i was sick to and still am) i play again on monday are you ref

~Leah~
01-26-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
I have a game tomorrow at 8:30. I won't be there though because I have practice at that time.

The rest of my games are on Mondays though. Leah, do you ref on Mondays? Or do you have other things to do on Mondays?

Nope, I ref Mondays, but unfortunately, only 2 other people ref Mondays as well meaning... ONE REF PER COURT :(

Originally posted by TheXplosion

it was the last game you ref that night i knew it was you i was with my friends at the end of the night that where kept saying bye to you :thumbsup: (i was sick to and still am) i play again on monday are you ref

Ahhh yes, my last game of the night.... I'm usually grumpy... haha I get hit on so much reffing basketball... it's quite hilarious, funny guys, funny guys. But definitely, say hi!! What court are you playing on, on Monday?? I'll ref there just for you!

TheXplosion
01-26-2005, 11:45 AM
6:30 east court my team is the individuals team U-7 i tink ill see you there i hope try to ref our game cool:thumbsup:

~Leah~
01-26-2005, 12:14 PM
haha alright, I'll see what I can do, just don't get pissed off at me... Monday nights you guys only get 1 ref per court... Ask Eric how I did a couple days ago, I can't judge my own reffing.

TheXplosion
01-26-2005, 12:17 PM
Its ok i wont get pissed i never last :thumbsup: and last time there was 2wo of you:confused:

~Leah~
01-26-2005, 12:18 PM
Yeah, Wednesday's there's the full 6 refs

GingeRRRBeef
01-26-2005, 01:33 PM
haha alright, I'll see what I can do, just don't get pissed off at me... Monday nights you guys only get 1 ref per court... Ask Eric how I did a couple days ago, I can't judge my own reffing.

yeah she was horrible ... they shoud fire her :rofl:

~Leah~
01-26-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV

yeah she was horrible ... they shoud fire her :rofl:

LOL shut the hell up, like I said, it's not MY fault you're a horrible basketball playa!!

GingeRRRBeef
01-26-2005, 04:52 PM

LOL shut the hell up, like I said, it's not MY fault you're a horrible basketball playa!!

Well it's kinda hard not to get fouled when I'm getting double and triple teamed all the time ... I know you know how to use a whistle cuz you blow big time :D :angel:

~Leah~
01-26-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV

Well it's kinda hard not to get fouled when I'm getting double and triple teamed all the time ... I know you know how to use a whistle cuz you blow big time :D :angel:

I think you're confusing getting double and triple teamed with not being able to control the ball and having it stolen from you every time you touch it

GingeRRRBeef
01-26-2005, 07:17 PM

I think you're confusing getting double and triple teamed with not being able to control the ball and having it stolen from you every time you touch it

You're just jealous of my AND1 mixtapes

~Leah~
01-27-2005, 01:10 PM
Wow... so I clearly played in all 4 games last nite... that's right... at 6:30 for my Coed A team, 7:30 for my Coed B team, 8:30 I filled in for a Coed Individuals team, 9:30, my other Coed A team. I definitely can't walk now :( And that other butchy girl ref REALLY has it in for me.... she calls the court I'll be playing on at the beginning of the nite, JUST so she can ref like crap towards me. Stupid b!tch!!!!! Sorry 'bout that last game guys.

Singel
01-27-2005, 01:36 PM
Definately our fault more than yours. No question we'd have won if we had 5 players or if any one of us played well:thumbsdow Hopefully next game we'll have another girl or 2...

~Leah~
01-27-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Singel
Definately our fault more than yours. No question we'd have won if we had 5 players or if any one of us played well:thumbsdow Hopefully next game we'll have another girl or 2...

Hahaha, that'd be AWESOME!!! I woulda prolly played better if I had a sub for a couple mins... at least to ice my damn leg... or if we had a 5th player... AH WELL... next week it's on!!

GingeRRRBeef
01-27-2005, 06:08 PM

Hahaha, that'd be AWESOME!!! I woulda prolly played better if I had a sub for a couple mins... at least to ice my damn leg... or if we had a 5th player... AH WELL... next week it's on!!

need a fifth player?
can i play? :D

~Leah~
01-27-2005, 06:29 PM
LOL... we had enough guys, just no other girls showed up that was the problem!!

~Leah~
02-01-2005, 01:55 AM
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, did anyone play on my court tonite?? WHAT A GONGSHOW. Seriously... okay.. the first game I think was fine, I don't even remember now with all the other crap that happened. The second game was getting super scrappy and I warned both teams that the next person to do something that crossed the line of being aggressive and scrappy or talked back to me was getting kicked out.... I handed out 2 technicals to the same guy that game.

The 3rd game was okay... I had to cut it short unfortunately because of all the crap that happened the game before. Still some whiners which I hate.

Then my last game I handed out 2 more technicals to the same guy! He FREAKED out on me just cuz I asked him/reminded him (I warned his team a few times) to not throw the basketball at the bleachers or the backboard or padding after I blew the whistle. He started swearing at me and stuff, so then I kicked him out of the game, and he swore at me more. A guy from the other team was like "man, don't yell at the ref" and the guy got up in his face and was like "what the @#$% did u say to me?" and OMG.... HORRIBLE nite for reffing.

Anyway, sorry. Most technicals handed out in one nite thats for sure. I'm averaging 2/nite this semester. It's funny watching these new teams that have never had me before cuz the majority of them are Mens teams who think they can get away with having no respect for me (maybe cuz I'm female?? who knows)... then when I put them in their place, they don't like it. The shame of it all.... poor buggers.

**DISCLAIMER (Sorry if you are on this forum and I complain about you. I know you complain about me too! lol)**

OH YEAH!!!! ANNNNND.... I go to my supervisor complaining about how bad that 2nd game was, saying it was scrappy and stuff and people were whining and I was telling them to 'shut the hell up!' and this chick freakin looks back at me and I was like "oh no!! not you! sorry!" and she's like "Um.. yeah... I know it wasn't about me. You should probably keep that to yourself though." $%^& YOU #$%^&!!!!!!! lol

Okay... sorry.... rough nite.... I'm done now... good nite all!

Singel
02-02-2005, 11:21 AM
Release your aggression with us tonite, I think we might even have 5 players on the court:thumbsup:

TheXplosion
02-02-2005, 03:07 PM
Hey Leah i was playing that night i thought you were going to ref my game but the 2wo guys did andthen when i t was done i seen you ref another game, i was going to tell you to come ref our game but then i was like w/e its ok. maybe next time.

~Leah~
02-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I prolly shoulda taken that court... less shit to deal with!! lol