PDA

View Full Version : Autobody work - Contemporary Coachworks

Hernando
01-11-2005, 05:27 PM
Hey guys,

Got into a little fender bender in my M3 last week. Some dam truck put a hole in the side of my door with his tow hook.

I'm thinking of bringing the car to Contemporary Coachworks to get it fixed. Do you guys think this is the best place to bring the M?

Thanks!

bol
01-11-2005, 05:28 PM
I've only had expeience with Continental Autobody and their work was flawless.

tirebob
01-11-2005, 05:31 PM
They do absolutely exceptional work... No low end jobs outta there...

Maxt
01-11-2005, 07:50 PM
yes they do alot of high end stuff, and they do some very nice work, they had some mind blowing cars when I was there, the kinda cars you don't get if you turn out crap..
The only thing I would be worried about is if there was a problem afterward, make sure you are happy and its all good when you pick up your car.. I did some work there, on their equipment, and they were tight asses when it came to spending money to repair something, I have feeling getting cash out of those guys after the fact could be tough should something not be right with the repair in your eyes..maxt

brandon
01-11-2005, 10:00 PM
Well a close freind of mine is the manager at T and T Honda and he will stand by thier work flawlessly! And I have seen some stuff they have done! amazing!. But this summer my civic had been in a car accident (rear ended into a car infront of me) and it was brand new! so i ended up getting it fixed and the total was around 13grand. Anywho I got the car back and I was missing the rear H emblem on it! one of the rims curb damage had not been fixed! the wetsanding was by far the worst I have ever seen! i have never seen so many swirl marks on a brand new car! and the side marker lights didn't fit well! and I recived it back with not even enough gas to make it to the gas station and the interior was covered with a inch layer of dust! never mind broken glass in the cupholders!. Plus my time dealing with them was a huge PITA because they promised me my car about 10 diffrent times in the period of a month and never delivered! my car was in there for 2 and half months. So I wouldn't take my car there again but maybe I just had a bad experience!? plus I swear my car had about 700 kms put onto it! I can't prove it because I didn't write down the mileage but im pretty sure.

88CRX
01-11-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by brandon
Well a close freind of mine is the manager at T and T Honda and he will stand by thier work flawlessly! And I have seen some stuff they have done! amazing!. But this summer my civic had been in a car accident (rear ended into a car infront of me) and it was brand new! so i ended up getting it fixed and the total was around 13grand. Anywho I got the car back and I was missing the rear H emblem on it! one of the rims curb damage had not been fixed! the wetsanding was by far the worst I have ever seen! i have never seen so many swirl marks on a brand new car! and the side marker lights didn't fit well! and I recived it back with not even enough gas to make it to the gas station and the interior was covered with a inch layer of dust! never mind broken glass in the cupholders!. Plus my time dealing with them was a huge PITA because they promised me my car about 10 diffrent times in the period of a month and never delivered! my car was in there for 2 and half months. So I wouldn't take my car there again but maybe I just had a bad experience!? plus I swear my car had about 700 kms put onto it! I can't prove it because I didn't write down the mileage but im pretty sure.

oh snap!!!!!

thats def :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Hernando
01-12-2005, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I actually brought my Prelude there a few years back and they did exceptional work on the body but messed up the wiring. Had that annoying buzzing sound in my speakers when I got it back. Figured they did good work on Hondas but was wondering if their work was as good on European cars.

Sounds like you had a shitty deal Brandon. I'm kinda hesitant now. Do you guys know of other reputable autobody names? (I don't want to go to A-1)

max_boost
01-12-2005, 05:09 PM
I would suggest National Collision. Awesome prices, good guys, good work.

Maranellos would also be an excellent choice but rather expensive.

Calgarian
01-14-2005, 12:33 AM
I highly recommend Concours AutoBody. I've known Ken the Owner for a very long time and have alway had great service from his body shop. He's the only one I'll allow to work on my cars.
Without doubt his shop does quality work and also backs it up with exceptional customer service.
C/C/W is also well known for doing very good work however I do agree with Brandon that Customer Service could be better.

benyl
01-16-2005, 04:03 PM
I had a great experience at Exotic Cars.

They do work for the MB dealers in town. Whenever I go there, I only see high end cars.

I couldn't tell that they had blended the paint on my car. I check under various light etc.

asdfasdf
01-31-2005, 02:21 PM
Maranello Auto Refinishing all the way.

Got rear ended 3 months new, took my car there, got it back as good as new (although it took a little longer than I expected).

keroppi
03-19-2005, 05:48 PM
What about A1 Autobody? I been there many times doing bumper paint/dent repairs on my previous Prelude, and I think they did a great job. Not sure how well they would do on BMW... anybody has any good/bad experience with them on European cars? I'd like to know 'cos I may take my car for a couple minor paint chip repairs too...

C4S
03-19-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by bol
I've only had expeience with Continental Autobody and their work was flawless.

They are good ! not perfect, but nice job ! :)

Contemporary did fix my civic .. um .. not bad at all better then average job... :tongue:

I have more experience with Maranello, Awesome ! :thumbsup: and good price too .. but .. slow since they are always super busy! .. :burnout:

Mikey_008
03-19-2005, 07:04 PM
Watch out...they jacked my minidisk player that was sittin in my glove compartment!:dunno:

BokCh0y
03-19-2005, 07:38 PM
I brought my Accord to Contemporary to have a factory spoiler installed. They are a little pricey but I thought they did a really good job. Paint matched perfectly, spoiler was mounted great. No problems at all. Also had some body work done there too, came out real good, everything fit the way it shoulda, color matched, no paint swirls, no theft, no extra mileage and the car was as promissed in terms of the delivery date. Only thing I didn't like about them was the bitch at the front end that books the appointments and answers the phone. She got some HUGE attitude problem, maybe got a pickle stuck in her ass or something. Hopefully they canned her ugly ass.

Also brought my IS to National and had them install a factory spoiler for me as well. The dude that mounted the spoiler for me mounted it crooked......I can't understand how seeing that it is a lip spoiler with pieces that fit against the back of the trunk. Anyways I had to bring it back a second time before it was done right. The dude that owns that joint - Derrick is a really good guy. He stands behind his work. Like I said, I wasn't impressed with the initial install but after I brought it back, Derrick made sure it was done right and that I was happy. Other than the original fuck up, it was perfect afterwards.

IMO I think your best choices are either Contemporary or National. Contemporary does more actual OEM repairs and National does more bodykits. But both places though do excellent work and stand behind it.