View Full Version : enzos: common as muck

962 kid
01-11-2005, 06:07 PM
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121118&page=1&pp=25

:rofl: :rofl:

BumpinTalon
01-11-2005, 06:17 PM
they are not rare
there are 345 less 1995 Stealth VR-4s then there are Enzos...

962 kid
01-11-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
they are not rare
there are 345 less 1995 Stealth VR-4s then there are Enzos...

that shouldnt even be dignified with a response but.... [yes talon. there are 54 dodge stealths in the world. thanks for the well-informed post]

iceburns288
01-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Yarr! Here I be!

Heehee, this Ford forum is funny. Some guys have sense, some don't. You know, for the price Enzos don't have that much exclusivity... Ford is supposed to be making as many GTs a day as Ferrari did in each week of Enzo production! (Ferrari finished a little over half a car a day on average)

BTW, if that's true that's because no one wants a Stealth.:D

BumpinTalon
01-11-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid

that shouldnt even be dignified with a response but.... [yes talon. there are 54 dodge stealths in the world. thanks for the well-informed post]

399 cars is not rare. I maintain that. cars don't qualify as "rare" in my book unless they are more then 30 years old (muscle cars), had extremely limited numbers (McLaren, L88 Corvettes, the old old Daytonas), or are appreciating in value rapidly because of some combination of factors (something Ferraris do not do, until they are old. F40s and F50s are still depreciating).

Ferraris are the Honda of the supercar world. Great cars, but not as exclusive as say, a Lamborghini, Pagani (which we can't even get here), or McLaren. They are in every major city in the world, I bet. I saw more Ferraris then M3s or M5s or 6-series BMWs or Porsches or new Mustangs when I was in LA. Not to say I don't want one or don't like them. They just aren't the end-all-be-all of cars.

iceburns288
01-11-2005, 07:03 PM
They'd be the Honda of the supercar world IF Honda made the best and fastest cars out there...:D

Ferrari has had a lot of recent success and is finally selling lots of cars after a big slump a few years ago. Now, it's their fault for selling good cars and being able to sell more of them?

399 cars IS extremely limited numbers! I haven't heard a single person say the 4000 car/year production numbers for Ferrari as 'high'. 1/10th that many is much less.

Lamborghini doesn't make that many cars because they can't sell them. You can get a Gallardo for under MSRP.

I've honestly never seen an M5 on the road... does that make them rare? I've never seen a Talon either.:dunno:

Pagani has made 34 cars... ever.

streetarab
01-11-2005, 07:03 PM
i really never liked ferraris, they are pretty common, and enzos get so much attention that its really not a big deal anymore, when i was little and i saw a mustang, i thought it was a good day, now take them apart and chop them up with a sawzzall, same thing here, you see them so much you just stop caring, its like your desensitized to them, and im not to impressed by performance numbers either

962 kid
01-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon

399 cars is not rare. I maintain that. cars don't qualify as "rare" in my book unless they are more then 30 years old (muscle cars), had extremely limited numbers

399 is very rare, especially considering the amount of people trying to get ahold of one

or are appreciating in value rapidly because of some combination of factors (something Ferraris do not do, until they are old. F40s and F50s are still depreciating).

funny :dunno: the enzo retails for 652k. perhaps you'd like to find me one even CLOSE to msrp... yeah thats what I thought

Ferraris are the Honda of the supercar world. Great cars, but not as exclusive as say, a Lamborghini, Pagani (which we can't even get here), or McLaren.

Lamborghini and dodge stealth more exclusive than a limited run super ferrari? what kinda crack are you smoking

I saw more Ferraris then M3s or M5s or 6-series BMWs or Porsches or new Mustangs when I was in LA. Not to say I don't want one or don't like them. They just aren't the end-all-be-all of cars.

mhmm. I think im detecting a little exaggeration in that post. btw, im not a ferrari guy :) but theres no mistaking the fact that enzos are very, very rare

BumpinTalon
01-11-2005, 07:08 PM
not impressed by performance numbers?
that's a bench racer talking
drive in a car that has a 5.8 0-60 and it is really fast, drive in a Corvette that does it in like 4.5 (convertible) and it is terrifying, and then tell me a 3.4 or whatever the Enzo does isn't amazing? cars do not need 600, 700 horsepower to be fast. an import with 300whp is unbelievably quick. I wish I had a car as fast as a Ferrari, or even half as fast, or one that sounded as nice, or handled as well, or looked as good, and so on.

iceburns288
01-11-2005, 07:10 PM
EDIT most fickle-iality I've ever seen... ^^^

Originally posted by streetarab
i really never liked ferraris, they are pretty common, and enzos get so much attention that its really not a big deal anymore, when i was little and i saw a mustang, i thought it was a good day, now take them apart and chop them up with a sawzzall, same thing here, you see them so much you just stop caring, its like your desensitized to them, and im not to impressed by performance numbers either

:banghead: :banghead: They are pretty common? wtf? Do you sleep in the factory or something? The thing is, there are thousands of cars you see thousands more of everyday but you see them so much you DONT EVEN NOTICE THEM. That's why you notice the Ferraris.

If Enzos get so much attention... there's a reason for it. If you see an Enzo and don't think a big deal of it, you're insane.

BumpinTalon
01-11-2005, 07:11 PM
399 is very rare, especially considering the amount of people trying to get ahold of one

Not the first time this has happened to a Ferrari. Eventually everybody will get over it and the Enzo will go down in value, probably not as much as the F40 or F50 though.

funny :dunno: the enzo retails for 652k. perhaps you'd like to find me one even CLOSE to msrp... yeah thats what I thought...

this will wear off eventually, just like it did with every previous supercar Ferrari has done.

Lamborghini and dodge stealth more exclusive than a limited run super ferrari? what kinda crack are you smoking
they aren't as many Lambos in the world as Ferraris and not as many all-wheel-drive Stealths either.

More exclusive? not really in the case of the Stealth, I guess but more rare? Yes. Lambos... I don't know why they don't sell. They definitely deserve to.

mhmm. I think im detecting a little exaggeration in that post. btw, im not a ferrari guy :) but theres no mistaking the fact that enzos are very, very rare

I didn't see any Enzos, but I saw four Ferraris and none of the other cars. Not even a new Mustang.

iceburns288
01-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Because everyone wants to drive a Ferrari instead of a Stang, we already went over this...:devil:

Again, the F50 sells for nearly twice its original price and it's 10 years old.

streetarab
01-11-2005, 07:23 PM
WOAH, i was talking about your regular run-of-the-mill ferraris (im gonna get hung for that one) performance wise, not the enzo, im talking you can get a porsche for 2 to 300,000 that will run even with the ferrari, but when you get a car with a retail value of 652,000, that changes things,

basically, im not impressed with ferraris, though the enzo is a good car, i just think its made out to be more than what it is

962 kid
01-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by streetarab
WOAH, you can get a porsche for 2 to 300,000 that will run even with the ferrari

run even?? how about stick its head in the toilet and flush ;)

streetarab
01-11-2005, 07:27 PM
i saw it on car and driver:thumbsup:

BumpinTalon
01-11-2005, 07:39 PM
but Porsches are funny looking. Ferraris sound better and look nicer.

streetarab
01-11-2005, 08:09 PM
god, i love, LOVE the way porsches look, not the new ones, i thought the best years were around 96, those ass ends were soooooooo nice, god, they were just sexy