PDA

View Full Version : Need your guys help

Shoebox//Racer
01-11-2005, 10:54 PM
I know this prolly isnt the right place to post this, but its one of the more browsed forums.

Heres the situation: i tripped over my friends powerbook cable today in class and we think the tip has been damaged as it wont charge his notebook any more. We tested someone elses cable and it works fine.

Im wondering if any of you have one lying around that you don't need or know any place locally i can find one for cheap.

Our computer classes are starting tomorrow, and his battery isnt gonna last long.

If any mac ppl can list dealers around calgary here that i can contact please do so.

Thanks for your help in advanced.

Mods if there is any chance you could sticky this for the next couple days that would rock. If not. thats ok.

Chiggles
01-12-2005, 03:48 AM
Only place that I can think of around here that specializes in Apple anything is Westworld. There's a location in Calgary here:

1000 Centre Street N.
Calgary, AB T2E 7W6
Ph. (403) 221-9499

If the tip to the power adapter unit has been damaged, most likely the entire unit will have to be replaced. In general, these components tend to be proprietary, so you WILL have to go to an Apple dealership for this. If Westworld doesn't happen to have it in store, I'm sure they should be able to order one in for you. Be prepared to bleed your wallet a bit though. Proprietary parts are always an arm and a leg, and things tend to be pretty pricy at Westworld to begin with from what I know about them. Unfortunately, since you have a Mac, this is the only direction I can point you in that can help you out. Good luck.