PDA

View Full Version : Forearm Pain

Horaysh
01-12-2005, 12:17 AM
does anybody else have or has had this problem? if so how do i fix it.

when doing bicep curls, my forearm muscle squeezes against my forearm bones because its working just to hold the weight(i know its not cuz my muscle is to weak) its just the fact that its rubbing.

One of my buddies has the same problem. Anyone else? ideas?

davidI
01-12-2005, 12:38 AM
It's not from the muscle sweezing against the bone...they're probably stress fractures. I've had that problem many times. Only thing you can do is fight the pain or take time off to heal up.

badseed
01-12-2005, 12:40 AM
:werd: I've also experienced this only when training with heavy loads though. Like mentioned above, fight the pain and if it's really bad take some time off from these particular exercises.

Wildcat
01-12-2005, 12:59 AM
wrist wraps, straps and weight gloves help a lil bit. so does advil :D

hockeybronx
01-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Horaysh
does anybody else have or has had this problem? if so how do i fix it.

when doing bicep curls, my forearm muscle squeezes against my forearm bones because its working just to hold the weight(i know its not cuz my muscle is to weak) its just the fact that its rubbing.

One of my buddies has the same problem. Anyone else? ideas?

Whenever I really step up my workouts I feel the pain. With the bone pain just make sure you are getting enough calcium in your diet, also remember to stretch before and after training.

Wildcat
01-14-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
also remember to stretch before and after training.

no, just after. you dont want to be stretching out a cold muscle. do a low weight warm up set to get the blood moving, then giver'.
:thumbsup:

hockeybronx
01-14-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat

no, just after. you dont want to be stretching out a cold muscle. do a low weight warm up set to get the blood moving, then giver'.
:thumbsup:

Oh yeah you're right, I now remember that stretching cold muscle does nothing, and in some cases can actually cause injury.

Horaysh
01-14-2005, 09:59 PM
thanx for all the feedback, and your right i dont get enough calcium..should i see a doctor incase its a stress fracture?

pixil9
01-14-2005, 10:16 PM
it could also be from the repetetive motion of jacking off your dong...

davidI
01-14-2005, 11:11 PM
thanx for all the feedback, and your right i dont get enough calcium..should i see a doctor incase its a stress fracture?

No. All they would tell you to do is not lift weights and let it heal. Stress fractures are just very small breaks in the bone...there's nothing a doctor could do. Definately start drinking that milk though :thumbsup:

hockeybronx
01-15-2005, 10:12 PM

DavidI is right, about all you can do is rest.

Even with ordinary fractures sometimes all you can do is rest. I fractured three of my thoracic vertebrae after being checked from behind into the boards in hockey. I had a few physio type sessions, but stretching and rest were the main points of recovery. It took quite a while to feel better though, and apparently those three discs will never be as strong as before.

~Leah~
01-16-2005, 07:09 PM
Yeah it's all about stretching POST workout... as well as getting enough vitamins and minerals in your body, of course as mentioned above, especially calcium. Make sure you're holding your stretches for 30 seconds for them to really be effective. But also, maybe just take er easy for a couple weeks and let the bone heal while you're making it stronger.