PDA

View Full Version : Purchaing CASTROL 5W-30 or 10W-30

plymouthguy
01-12-2005, 10:05 AM
guys, could you tell me where to buy such engine oil, in Canadian Tire ?

thank you

G
01-12-2005, 10:32 AM
you can get it at auto parts source
i've also seen it at walmart.

plymouthguy
01-13-2005, 09:06 AM
thanks a lot:burnout:

GTS Jeff
01-13-2005, 11:43 AM
why bother with castrol? isnt that the half-synthetic stuff?

plymouthguy
01-14-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
why bother with castrol? isnt that the half-synthetic stuff?

because my engine is leaking, i need to add the same brand oil in it. by the way, can i add other brand's oil?

wildkarrde
01-14-2005, 09:07 AM
As long as its the same type (5-30) you have in there now, it shouldn't matter.

plymouthguy
01-14-2005, 12:13 PM
got it:burnout:

GTS Jeff
01-14-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by plymouthguy

because my engine is leaking, i need to add the same brand oil in it. by the way, can i add other brand's oil? u can mix any oil, any brand, synthetic with nonsynthetic, any viscosity....and it wont really matter. the only time i would worry is if the bottle actually says that its incompatible with other oils, but even mobil1 is compatible with everything, so that probably isnt an issue.

if your engine is leaking, u should fix it properly. if u want to be ghetto and try to fix it by using thicker oil, u might as well use a bottle of stopleak.

plymouthguy
01-17-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
u can mix any oil, any brand, synthetic with nonsynthetic, any viscosity....and it wont really matter. the only time i would worry is if the bottle actually says that its incompatible with other oils, but even mobil1 is compatible with everything, so that probably isnt an issue.

if your engine is leaking, u should fix it properly. if u want to be ghetto and try to fix it by using thicker oil, u might as well use a bottle of stopleak.

i have asked the car repair shop, they said one reason is leaking, the other is the oil burn in engine. both of them need much money to repair. so i think add some oil can save money.

by the way, do you know any thing can seal the leaking place?

thx

wildkarrde
01-17-2005, 11:30 PM
yeah, stopleak if its not too major.