PDA

View Full Version : Fido dealers on the forum?

Godfuader
01-12-2005, 04:17 PM
I need to get a new fido contract so was just wondering if there were any vendors on the site.

not goin to a Fido outlet because they dont offer any benefits like accessories and over christmas there was a MP3 as well (from FIDO) There was a store in chinatown with the word "asiana" in the title that had a whole bunch of stuff with new contracts (saw a poster)

where would u recommend i go for the most benefits?

Chinese_Legend
01-12-2005, 05:54 PM
don't go to FIDO....get a telus contract

Godfuader
01-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Chinese_Legend
don't go to FIDO....get a telus contract

$25 for unlimited incoming calls plus 100/1000 mins

find anything better?

RX-7_TWINTURBO
01-12-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader

$25 for unlimited incoming calls plus 100/1000 mins

find anything better?
Yeah $5 extra for access to rogers coverage area... thats better

cityhunter2501
01-12-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO

Yeah $5 extra for access to rogers coverage area... thats better
LoL

im thining on adding an extra 5$ aswell for Rogers coverage on my fido because its really good

Thaco
01-12-2005, 09:04 PM
i have the same deal, totally worth it IMO... but i dont pay the extra $5 but i still seem to have free roaming on rogers...

Godfuader
01-12-2005, 09:13 PM
I was aruging the Telus is useless compared to the Fido plans. I have Fido month to month right now....just wanted to get into a contract to get the Ericsson T610 for $0 and some accessories.

Originally posted by Thaco
i have the same deal, totally worth it IMO... but i dont pay the extra $5 but i still seem to have free roaming on rogers...

If u were with Fido prior to the takeover by Rogers...u get it for free till the end of ur contract

Thaco
01-12-2005, 09:15 PM
i just got in fido last month... havn't got my first real bill yet, fi they charge me for roaming im gonna be screaming :P

the t610 is not free with contrct, its $75 with contract. (i think its like $300 without)

Godfuader
01-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Thaco

the t610 is not free with contrct, its $75 with contract. (i think its like $300 without)

its $75 thru Fido outlets....if u go thru 'The Telephone Booth' Chinook...its $0. Hence me asking if there are other outlets ppl know about where i can get some accessories out of the deal by signing a contract.

GucciBoy
01-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Im on the unlimited plan but I got free happy hour calling free.

So I pay $25 a month

Get 250 weekday, 1000 evenings and weekends, 5pm-8am. Free txt msgingin, voicemail, call ID, etc All in all my bill is about $33 with taxes.

cityhunter2501
01-12-2005, 10:11 PM
If u were with Fido prior to the takeover by Rogers...u get it for free till the end of ur contract

you serious? free roaming on Rogers if you had contract with Fido prior to Rogers buying Microcell? thought it was only for 6months or a year?
:thumbsup: if forever then.

kenny
01-12-2005, 10:26 PM
I don't see why people on Fido would PAY MONEY to be on the Rogers network. I used to be perfectly fine on the fido network, now occasionally I get bumped to the Rogers network because apparently the signal strength is stronger but the actual call performance is so much worse. Not sure who thought of the $5/month to go on the Rogers network--dumbest thing I've heard of.

roopi
01-12-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by kenny
I don't see why people on Fido would PAY MONEY to be on the Rogers network. I used to be perfectly fine on the fido network, now occasionally I get bumped to the Rogers network because apparently the signal strength is stronger but the actual call performance is so much worse. Not sure who thought of the $5/month to go on the Rogers network--dumbest thing I've heard of.

If you travel out of town it is definately worth it. $5 is a steal! Only benefit is if you leave the Fido coverage area (Edmonton to Calgary)

GucciBoy
01-12-2005, 10:35 PM

I couldn't agree more. So annoying seeing the Rogers network on my phone, and yes worse call quality. Ditch the option. I called FIDO last week to make sure I wasnt getting billed and the guy said you have to call in before Jan 12 I think to make sure you cancel it or you will get billed.

Weapon_R
01-12-2005, 10:50 PM

Some people like having phones that work outside city limits :)

RX-7_TWINTURBO
01-12-2005, 10:55 PM

its $75 thru Fido outlets....if u go thru 'The Telephone Booth' Chinook...its $0. Hence me asking if there are other outlets ppl know about where i can get some accessories out of the deal by signing a contract.

You have been misinformed,
the t616 is $0 on a 3yr term with Rogers(this is a special exclusive to the telephone booth)

The t610 with fido is $75 on a 2 year term. (free Splinter cell game)

Wrong.
Existing fido customers will be contacted by Fido Direct and offered the extended coverage option for $5/month.

Or you may renew into a 2yr before feb 28th and have rogers coverage free for the length of the term

The free rogers coverage for existing users will end on febuary 9th

Godfuader
01-13-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO

Wrong.
Existing fido customers will be contacted by Fido Direct and offered the extended coverage option for $5/month.

Or you may renew into a 2yr before feb 28th and have rogers coverage free for the length of the term

The free rogers coverage for existing users will end on febuary 9th

Just got a call from Fido...

EVERYONE gets Rogers coverage till Feb. 28 not the 9th!

The "free-coverage-till-end-of-contract" comment was based on recent sign ups and renewals and not for pre-acquisitions clients