PDA

View Full Version : getting a new ip address?

Importz
01-12-2005, 05:32 PM
how can i get a new ip address?? is the only way is to get a new server?

1badPT
01-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Where did you get banned from? :rofl:

Some ISP's will let you get a new IP by releasing your current IP and getting a new one (run ipcfg). If not your only other choice is to go through a public proxy. Google it.

Charon
01-13-2005, 05:34 PM
depends on who is your isp.

If you run windows try this in the command prompt

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

linux
dhclient /release
dhclient /renew

a hardware router, should have buttons to let you do so.

If none of those work you might have a semi perm static ip. And it may be up to your isp when you get a new/different one.

Importz
01-13-2005, 05:36 PM
^^ i have telus

rage2
01-13-2005, 05:37 PM
New MAC address will get you a new IP address. Meaning new ethernet card, or using the MAC spoof features in most routers.

AllGoNoShow
01-13-2005, 05:42 PM
What rage2 said + some ethernet cards allow you to change the MAC addy which would therefor get you a new IP, unless you are behind a router you would then worry about chanig your routers MAC address only, refer to manual on how to get into your control panel for the router.

Importz
01-13-2005, 05:42 PM
ok i know it sounds bad askin how too get a new ip address/// here is the deal....i have just started a home base businees.....i have made over $4000 in sales in the last too weeks....my business is pretty much 90% with paypal.....so paypal decided to lock my account for 180 days with my $$...i am losing soo much money because i cant except paypal....so i need to open a new paypal account ASAP!!! seems like paypal do this too alot of people

www.paypalsucks.com check it out yourself

GoChris
01-13-2005, 08:53 PM
telus dchp server will sometimes just give you a new ip address just cause. try reseting your router or something or deleting the mac in their oca system then readding it.

GoChris
01-13-2005, 08:53 PM
ps, pretty good sales for 2 weeks. good job. what kind of business? lol need any help?

pixil9
01-13-2005, 09:00 PM
goto device manager.. find your network card and right click it.. properties.. advanced tab.. network address.. set a value of any mac you wanna use..
ie.. 006008133675

this is of course if you don't have a hardware router..

schmooot
01-13-2005, 09:41 PM
the ipconfig thingie worked for me, it changed my addy. Jus lettin everyone know

Carfanman
01-13-2005, 10:05 PM
BTW, how do you quit a paypal account? After reading that paypalsuks site, I want to leave.

hampstor
01-13-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by rage2
New MAC address will get you a new IP address. Meaning new ethernet card, or using the MAC spoof features in most routers.

I don't know if it still works, but if your NIC is in a PCI slot then move it to another PCI slot. It used to work, but i'm not sure if it does anymore :D

Importz
01-14-2005, 03:12 AM
thanks for the help guys/// but i dont know wtf you guys guys talkin about.... someone want too help me step by [email protected] my msn

Importz
01-14-2005, 03:14 AM
lol i dont even know where the device manerger is

George_Reyes
01-14-2005, 04:25 AM
If PayPal finds out the accounts are linked they will just lock the new account too. You can change your IP address but only the last few digits usually.

If you wanted to open another account I would recommend doing it at school or at your friends place that way its a whole different ISP.

Importz
01-14-2005, 04:37 AM
^^^ if i open an account with a different computer...can i log on to paypal at home after that.... or thats a no no?

wildkarrde
01-14-2005, 09:10 AM
Yeah, you can login to paypal anywhere.

I'm always on it at school.

roopi
01-14-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Importz
^^^ if i open an account with a different computer...can i log on to paypal at home after that.... or thats a no no?

Probably not if its an IP ban.

AllGoNoShow
01-14-2005, 11:19 AM
If I were you I would be more concernced with calling PayPal and getting in contact with their custom support so that they can unlock your current account, having multiple PayPals ends up being quite a task so if I were you I would just fix your current paypal because they will just lock your new one again if you all of the sudden get a big flwo of money too it.

George_Reyes
01-14-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
If I were you I would be more concernced with calling PayPal and getting in contact with their custom support so that they can unlock your current account, having multiple PayPals ends up being quite a task so if I were you I would just fix your current paypal because they will just lock your new one again if you all of the sudden get a big flwo of money too it.

PayPal has crappy customer service, they will ask you to fax a bunch of stuff in and it will take about a half year for them to review it. Its happened to me. They asked me for like 10 pieces of ID (phone bill, electric bill, mortgage statement, drivers license, more).

They needed my mortgage statement because apparantly I was recieving "too much" money. I was only getting about 300 bucks a month too. :dunno:

FlySi
01-14-2005, 11:56 AM
Since when did paypal do IP bans?

sputnik
01-14-2005, 11:58 AM
If you are making a pile of money, quit being such a cheapass and pay for a merchant account.

EDIT: you actually dont even have to pay for a merchant account... you just need to prove that you are a real business.

George_Reyes
01-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by FlySi
Since when did paypal do IP bans?

They never did but they log everything.

Originally posted by sputnik
If you are making a pile of money, quit being such a cheapass and pay for a merchant account.

EDIT: you actually dont even have to pay for a merchant account... you just need to prove that you are a real business.

I had a merchant account. When they limited my account about a year ago their reason was "We have received mulitple complaints from your buyers and suspicious activity." I contacted all my buyers who recieved my items, ALL of them said they were happy and did not file any claim what so ever.

Carfanman
01-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Its probably best to do everything via credit card.

Importz
01-14-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow

LOL you have never dealt with paypal have you......ITS A JOKE....i faxed them everything they wanted...including my supplier contact #....i have faxed them 15 tracking #...my address is confirmed but its not good enough for them...all you get is a vage automated response email.....not really saying why they limited the account in the first place..

George_Reyes
01-14-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Importz

LOL you have never dealt with paypal have you......ITS A JOKE....i faxed them everything they wanted...including my supplier contact #....i have faxed them 15 tracking #...my address is confirmed but its not good enough for them...all you get is a vage automated response email.....not really saying why they limited the account in the first place..

:werd: