PDA

View Full Version : do ghosts exist?

finboy
01-12-2005, 09:17 PM
yes or no, and support your opinion...

discuss

pixil9
01-12-2005, 09:30 PM
I don't feel like supporting my opinion..

habsfan
01-12-2005, 09:34 PM
my vote goes with no, but not a concrete no. i'm sure its possible, and i've seen the videos and such of ghost appearances and strange phenomena, but until i see it myself, i wont believe it. you can do almost anything with technology today, so you can't know if the videos you are watchin are real or not.

Toma
01-12-2005, 09:35 PM
uhm... of course not.

Nothing but foolish hopes for those that are afraid to die and who find it hard to beleive that once you are dead, you are dead.

Weapon_R
01-12-2005, 09:52 PM
Yes.

They exist. I don't know how or why, but I think they do.

EnRich
01-12-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Yes.

course they do... I've seen one... No lie... Actually me and a friend of mine saw it... I aint getting into it though, he doesnt even like to talk bout it... It was near that St Mary's college, in that building that burned down... That old old old building... Even though it was hard to tell, I saw a little girl... She was looking at me... I shit you not boys... I couldnt sleep for 2 weeks after it... Just felt like I disturbed something

JordanLotoski
01-12-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by EnRich

course they do... I've seen one... No lie

when halloween:rofl:

EnRich
01-12-2005, 10:29 PM
lol no...

Marsh
01-12-2005, 11:00 PM
No. If you believe in something like ghosts that greatly, and you want to see a ghost more than anything of course you will see one, its just your imagination, your the one telling your brain what you want to see.

Carfanman
01-12-2005, 11:37 PM
Yes I do, however Im not sure wether or not I beleive they are dead humans or just not fulycreated humans.

Redlyne_mr2
01-12-2005, 11:53 PM
Use the Calgary court bathrooms if you want the truth :rofl:

I believe in ghosts, Im not sure what the difference is between ghosts and spirits though. I dont think spirits are actually visible however I think you can communicate with them in your dreams. I remember dreaming about having a conversation with my recently departed uncle. It all sounds fucked but I dont know what else to make of it.

max_boost
01-13-2005, 02:05 AM
Yes.

They exist. I don't know how or why, but I think they do. :werd: :werd: :werd:

GTS Jeff
01-13-2005, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Toma
uhm... of course not.

Nothing but foolish hopes for those that are afraid to die and who find it hard to beleive that once you are dead, you are dead.

Yes.

i feel you guys missed a very important part in your replies:

Originally posted by finboy
yes or no, and support your opinion...

discuss

i personally abstain from forming an opinion on this matter simply because i can find no way of supporting either side of the argument.

Talies R
01-13-2005, 02:35 AM
finboy you should add a poll to this!

finboy
01-13-2005, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by Talies R
finboy you should add a poll to this!

if a moderator sees this, please add one.

i will add an opinion later

pixil9
01-13-2005, 03:32 AM
fuck opinion.. if you beleive in ghosts.. you're just brainwashed like anyone who believes there's jesus or any other god that exists in this world..

sorry it's not the 1700's anymore and people need religion and god to look to when they have no food or shelter.. life is good now.. accept the damn fact that we don't need that bull shit anymore.

Importz
01-13-2005, 04:38 AM
I believe!!! my grandama tells me all this fuked up shit back in vietnam.....and why would she lie too me....

pixil9
01-13-2005, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Importz
I believe!!! my grandama tells me all this fuked up shit back in vietnam.....and why would she lie too me....

because she's brainwashed and senile? NOOOOO!! NEVER

Xtrema
01-13-2005, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Importz

My late grandma was old fashion Chinese psyhic/scorcer/witch whatever the term you use. She collects dead fetus from her village as a way to capture spirits/ghosts as her slaves/helpers and she had 2. They help her to do some work in searching for spirits/ghosts in the afterlife so their relatives can communicate to them thru her.

But my grandma lost the ability to keep them after she had a stroke in her 60's.

She claims to communicate with the dead and see them everywhere. Once in a while, she would tell my parents to avoid standing/walking/touching some locations/thngs because she sees ghosts there and don't want them to be disturbed.

Before the stroke, my parents and my grandma's friends said that they witness mulitples times when my grandma zoned out and return but talking in a man's voice and makes no sense. After a while, everything return to normal and continue the conversation like nothing happened.

I was very young whe she passed so I havn't witnessed these episodes myself. But from my parents and other quite trustworthy sources, it sounded very real. But if that ever happens today, people probably just shrug it off and say she's just crazy or something.

So do I believe in ghosts? I won't be surprise if there are but won't be a believer til I have seen one.

abyss
01-13-2005, 10:02 AM
I believe in ghosts, haven't any of you ever felt a hand on your shoulder or a push ar nudge and there's nothing there? It's always too strong to be the wind and too strong to be brushed off as a muscle spasm or whatever. I believe in them but I hope I never see one, I think I'd be too scared after all the ghost movies I've watched. :cry:

EK 2.0
01-13-2005, 10:13 AM
"I see dead people"...

I do believe in the these "spirits"...I have had personal expirience with them, both as a child and even now as an "adult";) ...

as far as the Hollywood idea of them coming back to harm you or for revenge...I feel they are departed loved ones, who want or feel they have the need to protect you, or watch over you...

I was told I used to see the "people" as a child, and it was supposed to be a good omen that I could...and even though I remember very vaugely about my encounters...I never remember having any fear from them...

DEREK57
01-13-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by pixil9
fuck opinion.. if you beleive in ghosts.. you're just brainwashed like anyone who believes there's jesus or any other god that exists in this world..

sorry it's not the 1700's anymore and people need religion and god to look to when they have no food or shelter.. life is good now.. accept the damn fact that we don't need that bull shit anymore.

Apparently we still do. There are still many things we don't, and never will be able to figure out for ourselves.

As ghosts, I believe in the supernatural, and the afterlife, but not really ghosts. If all spirits just wandered around after they died we'd have like 100 ghosts for every 1 person. And if they are truely spirits, why can we see them, and why do they show up on cameras?

Nav13
01-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

My late grandma was old fashion Chinese psyhic/scorcer/witch whatever the term you use. She collects dead fetus from her village as a way to capture spirits/ghosts as her slaves/helpers and she had 2. They help her to do some work in searching for spirits/ghosts in the afterlife so their relatives can communicate to them thru her.

But my grandma lost the ability to keep them after she had a stroke in her 60's.

She claims to communicate with the dead and see them everywhere. Once in a while, she would tell my parents to avoid standing/walking/touching some locations/thngs because she sees ghosts there and don't want them to be disturbed.

Before the stroke, my parents and my grandma's friends said that they witness mulitples times when my grandma zoned out and return but talking in a man's voice and makes no sense. After a while, everything return to normal and continue the conversation like nothing happened.

I was very young whe she passed so I havn't witnessed these episodes myself. But from my parents and other quite trustworthy sources, it sounded very real. But if that ever happens today, people probably just shrug it off and say she's just crazy or something.

So do I believe in ghosts? I won't be surprise if there are but won't be a believer til I have seen one.

im in the same boat as you, my great grand mother did something similar, but she didnt do it for a living only when someone in the family was having problems. She still alive today so I guess maybe she could do it infront of me, however shes in India and pretty old so I wouldnt bother her with something like this if I meet her again. However my dad tells me he was there on several occasions when she did connect with the passed. Now I know alot of you guys are gonna be like thats fucked your fucked and your parents are feeding you bs., but why would they honestly, Im 18 and my youngest sibling is 15, i think we are far from the stage of being scared by our parents from the boogie man and what not. So weather or not I believe in ghosts, well yes I do on the oncounts of which my parents have told me, do I Belive my parents? I have no reason not to. Have I seen one? no, and I hope I never do.

googe
01-13-2005, 11:25 AM
http://randi.org/

statick
01-14-2005, 01:47 PM
i do believe in it. however as redlynemr2 said i duno if ppl would consider these things as spirits or ghosts.

if ghosts are dead ppl who came back or sum sht, i don't believe that.

but there are supernatural creations out there.

i have had an experience, but i would much rather not talk about it.

also in my religion, there is mention about other beings.

Charon
01-14-2005, 05:32 PM
I do not. And I have not seen anything to support the existance that is sufficent to make me believe. Untill I see something its all just myth to me.

Singel
01-14-2005, 06:37 PM
I believe in them, or atleast somethings supernatural like that. We have photographic proof of it actually, my aunt and uncle got married at heritage park and while taking wedding photos in fron of one of the buildings (One that's said to have a ghost, can't remember which) and you can clearly see one set of curtains being displaced in the background even though there was nobody in the house. I suppose there are some things tha could explain it, and I was a lot younger but I don't think they found an air duct or anytihng like that in there that might cause it. I'll have to dig up that picture.

And also a close friend of my mother claims to have had supernatural experiences, and I do believe her stories. I can't really see much motivation for a middle aged woman to fabricate stories like that for her friends.

http://xfiles.stylicious.com/simpsons/images/simp10.jpg
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.

cycosis
01-14-2005, 07:46 PM
i guess i think there is something out there. some times your jsut doing your own business and out of no where, something happens. u can't explain it.i have alot of family out east adn they ahev an old farm houe on lake ontario. they don't live in the house but in another beside it (about 100 meters away). the house is huge and totally empty except for the attic and the odd mattress and bathtub. they've told me that they've seen someone in ther many tiems but when they go investigate they cant find anyone. i went in there myself with some cousins (were all 18-24) and i tell ya, i couldnt spend the night in there. jsut weird noises that arnt common that come from rooms aorund u. not your typical squeaky floors or random cracks but really eerie stuf.a nywasy ive nerv seen anything but u could definetly feel soem kind of "presence" in the house. jsut writing and remmebering it makes me shutter.

civic_stylez
01-15-2005, 02:34 PM
i believe theres alot of un explained stuff out there and people swear by stuff they've seen, but i also think that when youre in a scary environment you think you see things that arent there. when youre at home, your house makes natural creaking noises that you pay no attention to but if you were in an abandoned scary house those noises would scare the hell out of people..

this video claims to be real but you have to look down the hallway very closely to see it. http://www.ebaumsworld.com/realghost.html

streetarab
01-15-2005, 02:41 PM
id have to say they do, i havent seen any proof that the DONT exist, and ive seen proof that they do

googe
01-15-2005, 02:48 PM
there is no proof of anything paranormal, otherwise someone would be $1M richer right now :)

streetarab
01-15-2005, 03:19 PM
ever watch that show ghost hunters, its on the scifi channel here, plenty of proof, actual video

rockym20
01-15-2005, 04:19 PM
While my normal reaction is to say "no", I have seen and heard enough weird things that make me question whether or not there are ghosts:

One of my sisters used to own a 90-year old house. A very cool house with woodwork and finishing work that you would never see in a new one. Shortly after she moved in, I was in the basement with her looking for some paint or something (a really creapy basement, with a huge-a$$ boiler and pipes all over the place). We didn't touch anything and couldn't find what we were looking for. So we went upstairs and before we could shut the basement door, we could hear violently crashing glass in the basement. The kind of sound when someone throws a bunch of glass bottles at the pavement. Remember, WE DIDNT TOUCH A THING when we were down there. It freaked both of us out pretty bad, so we waited a while before we went to check it out - there was no broken glass anywhere and nothing that would appear to make the sound. A couple of years later, my wife and I were over at my sister's and for no appearant reason, all of a sudden a bunch of baskets that were stacked in shelves in the laundry room go flying off the shelves. My sister said that was like the 3rd time that day that happened. There are all kinds of other weird stories about that house.

Nav13
01-15-2005, 05:33 PM
^^^ does she still live there? my aunt and uncle had a similar experience with one of they're former homes. I was told of all the creepy things afterwards so I cant say I experienced anything, and I must say Iam glad I didnt. But yea if your sister still lives there I must say shes pretty brave.

hampstor
01-15-2005, 06:11 PM
Yes i do believe ! It's more of a gut feeling because if i had actual proof, there'd be more then a post in a forum :D

GQBalla
01-15-2005, 06:16 PM
i truely do believe in them and why is it that most chinese places have ghosts?

googe
01-16-2005, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by streetarab
ever watch that show ghost hunters, its on the scifi channel here, plenty of proof, actual video

video is far from proof

GTS Jeff
01-16-2005, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by streetarab
ever watch that show ghost hunters, its on the scifi channel here, plenty of proof, actual video fuck man, of course ghosts are real! havent u ever seen ghost busters?

same with klingons, cuz it was on star trek. actual video. real proof. youre not a loser.

streetarab
01-16-2005, 02:18 AM
have you seen the show, watch the show

rockym20
01-16-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Nav13
^^^ does she still live there? my aunt and uncle had a similar experience with one of they're former homes. I was told of all the creepy things afterwards so I cant say I experienced anything, and I must say Iam glad I didnt. But yea if your sister still lives there I must say shes pretty brave.

No, she sold the place and doesn't live there anymore. But she did live there for a few years by herself. She was telling me that one night she said she woke up out of a deep sleep and could feel a "presence" in the room, like there was someone watching her and standing over the bed. It freaked her out so bad that she didn't even open her eyes, pulled the sheets over her head and started screaming "Get the f**k out of my house" and stuff like that. LOL. We all had a good laugh over that one.

izzoblitzo
01-16-2005, 01:46 PM
This world has seen stranger things. I think the idea is there, and some unexplainable things do support them, whether it's fact or fiction, by freak accident or intention.. hard to say.. but I do believe there are such things. :eek:

redblack
01-20-2005, 11:59 PM
I think they do an uncle once told me when he first came to Canada & lived Lethbridge with a couple of buddies they found an abandoned couch (yup a sofa) decided to take it home because each of them got up at different times of the day because of different work schedules, but every morning when one person walked downstairs by the couch they would see a man sitting there and saying Hi & he would also wave. About a week later when they finally all sat down togeather one guy asked another is that your friend here every morning and guy looked confused and he said I thought it was your friend....they looked at my uncle & he was like nope not me. After comparing notes of who (what) they saw something just didn't make sense. Four asian guys who are new to a country that spoke very little english at the time & had no white friend. Yep told me they got freaked out and got rid of the couch right there & then.

LudeRoca
01-21-2005, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by rockym20

No, she sold the place and doesn't live there anymore. But she did live there for a few years by herself. She was telling me that one night she said she woke up out of a deep sleep and could feel a "presence" in the room, like there was someone watching her and standing over the bed. It freaked her out so bad that she didn't even open her eyes, pulled the sheets over her head and started screaming "Get the f**k out of my house" and stuff like that. LOL. We all had a good laugh over that one.

haha its easy to laugh afterwards, man i woulda shit my pants. But i must say after the first incident, where you and her were finding some paint I could understand that being shrugged off, but then you say the thing about the laundry baskets, then the bedroom thing, haha I guess when it comes in small doses you can take alot more, but when you think of them all at once, scares the crap out of you.

Nav13
01-21-2005, 12:57 AM
^^^ shit i never chek to see if im on my brothers account or not, either way the post above is from me just to clarify.

ex1z7
01-21-2005, 04:42 AM
When you're scared of the unknown, you see and hear shit that normally wouldn't bother you. If I was sitting here in the dark with no music on, and my computer fans turned down/off - I'd be able to hear something, or my dog would bark WAY upstairs and it'd make me piss myself.

Then in reality, the dog would bark because my sister in a diff room said something in her sleep that woke the dog, and the dog barks when it's woken up. But if you're scared - and then something happens that pushes it over the edge...it scares the hell out of you.

The only time I can remember ( now at least ) That scared the hell out of me, was when my buddy and I were chillin' in his room, and I picked up this army figure he had, a navy seals thing, and was fucking with it - we started talking about ghosts and spirits and I said I needed a sign to believe in that kinda thing, and put the figure on the shelf. 5 mins later, we had not been touching the walls nor the floor at this point, simply playing xbox, the figure fell off..actually..more like launched itself off the shelf and onto the bed beside me. An easy foot away.

That same night we went out and bought the new ( at the time ) ICP cd, with this " seance " (say-aunce) sp? in the back of it, and figured we'd try it. Pitch darkness, 1~ in the morning, nobody around to make noise, absolutely SILENT..I got bored of staring into a mirror and lied down, soon as I was comfortable and was about to fall asleep - I heard a loud ping - like when you hit a metal drum. We both froze, didn't say a word, and tried to slow our breathing down.

Before turning a light on to find out what the hell happened, near the light was a big mirror - and in the mirror was this greenish blue aura. We switched the light on and there wasn't a metal thing in the room that I could have possibly hit, or him.

That was weird.. The aura ended up being a reflection from the moon behind a stain glass wind chime, peeking out the corner of the window where a pillow covered it from light.

I havn't slept at his house since....The metal drum sound still doesn't make sense, because the sound came RIGHT by my foot, and when I heard it I jumped and kicked a bin of Lego's. In a plastic canister...