PDA

View Full Version : Looking for g tech

theken
12-14-2002, 06:03 PM
I am looking for a g-tech preferably new in box condition, mopac has new one but they are like 220$ that sucks, oh well if you know where i can get one cheaper then that or if anybody eccept james has one leave a reply

Weapon_R
12-15-2002, 04:03 PM
Everyone except James? Hehehe

Anyways, you can get a decent one for around 120 bucks off ebay if you are interested in going that way. New too. The new G-tech is amazing though..

szw
12-15-2002, 04:12 PM
How accurate are they??? I heard they just plug into your cigarette lighter...and I have no idea how they can measure from that!

three.eighteen.
12-15-2002, 05:11 PM
i hear not too accurate, but its a good way to see if mods do anything i suppose, because you will still establish a baseline "hp" and see some sort of gain, even if not numerically correct

Weapon_R
12-15-2002, 05:33 PM
The older G-techs are 1/10th of second accurate. The new one I am talking about claims to be 1/100th of a second accurate, and thats good enough for me

theken
12-15-2002, 05:44 PM
They are so accurate, it gave me a 147hp estimate, and a 15.9 1/4 mile time which is pretty accurate, cause i was ruuning 15.9 or 16.0 at racecity

Weapon_R
12-15-2002, 05:49 PM
This one looks really good but lots of $$

szw
12-15-2002, 06:42 PM
How do they work?

James
12-15-2002, 07:20 PM
lol..., he didnt want me to answer Cause he knew i had one...you plug it into your cigerette lighter, turn it on,pick either "Accel" or "Gforc" make sure its level, it says what the current G's are on the Screen at all times...for 1/4 mile times you stop, press the button in, it flashes "GO", "Go" As soon as you take off, or is feels any change in the G's it starts counting....Id Say its VERY accurate....but who knows..i ran a 17.8 stock at Race City..and with the G-Tech i can run a 17.7--17.8......very pathetic either way! :rofl:

Weapon_R
12-15-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by James
lol..., he didnt want me to answer Cause he knew i had one...you plug it into your cigerette lighter, turn it on,pick either "Accel" or "Gforc" make sure its level, it says what the current G's are on the Screen at all times...for 1/4 mile times you stop, press the button in, it flashes "GO", "Go" As soon as you take off, or is feels any change in the G's it starts counting....Id Say its VERY accurate....but who knows..i ran a 17.8 stock at Race City..and with the G-Tech i can run a 17.7--17.8......very pathetic either way! :rofl:

Are you selling yours?

kenny
12-15-2002, 10:12 PM
Most of the time, the "inaccuracies" of the gtech pro are due to incorrect usage and calibration. It must be mounted properly in the car, and then it must be used on a perfectly flat stretch of road. Any incline or decline, no matter how slight, will throw off the results of the gtech.

Also something to note is the mph calculation in the 1/4mile test on the gtech is actually more accurate than the number you will get at the track. At the track the speed is calculated with two beams located 60ft apart at the end of the track. On the gtech, the speed that is given is an instantaneous speed, ie. it is the speed you are going RIGHT AT the completion of the 1/4 mile, and not the average over 60ft.

Those newer gtech's certainly look a hell of a lot nicer than those older ones! I sorta wanna buy one to play with :)

Weapon_R
12-15-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by kenny
[B
Those newer gtech's certainly look a hell of a lot nicer than those older ones! I sorta wanna buy one to play with :) [/B]

Actually, you'd be somewhat surprised at what more they can do. They have so many features over the ghetto looking old Gtechs that it's seriously worth considering...but they are pretty expensive right now.

Check this out from their website:

Measurements:
Reaction-Time
0-60ft time
0-330ft time
0-60mph time
1/8mile E.T and speed
1000ft time
1/4 mile E.T. and speed
Horsepower
Torque
RPMs
Braking distance
Handling G's
Accelerating and Braking Gs
RPM vs Time Graph
HP & Torque vs RPM Graph
Speed vs Time Graph
Speed vs Distance
Gs vs Time Graph

James
12-16-2002, 03:28 AM
No im not selling mine yet....those new G-Techs are so sweet.the old ones do look really Ghetto! :D