PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS backward compatability

Charon
01-13-2005, 06:11 PM
I know the DS plays GBA games and not the GB orginal or colour games. But I have heard you can use a flash card and play them on the DS. Anyone know about this ?
And if you can do that what is the quality of the speed, graphics, etc... on the ds when using the flash card method ?

1badPT
01-13-2005, 06:58 PM
Really? I always thought each Game Boy was backwards compatible with all previous GB carts?

Charon
01-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Everything I have read has told me that the DS is not. But I am just unsure of the flash card compatability. Any DS owners around ?

Singel
01-14-2005, 06:46 PM
The DS is not backwards compatible with GB and GBC games. I don't know anything about the flash cards or whatever, but I think the reason is that the GB and GBC require their own processors which would have added to the cost, and maybe size of the system. I think all game boys will be backwards compatible all the way, but they want the DS to be completely seperate from the Game Boy series

Charon
01-15-2005, 12:42 AM
Thanks, too bad nothing has been heard about the flash cards. Google has been turning up loads of OLD reviews from before it was even released.